Flint, Craig 18
Hartlett, Adam 20
O'hAilpin, Aisake 20
Batson, Daniel 19

Midfield:
Jackson, Ryan 19
Raso, Anthony 19
Smith, Jesse D 20

Very very encouraging list of young kids there! Will only get better with the influx of further talent in the form of either Gibbs or Hansen and some other kids in the drafts.

Yes, we've been through a few very lean years, but hang in there, Blues fans, the future looks bright :thumbsu:

I must say, the development of some of our kids into potential future superstars is one of the only things keeping me going to the footy. I am confident that it will all be worth it in the future-hopefully the not too distant future.

GALON said:
Surely 'Kids' are 19 and under?
19 and under is way too young (and I'm sure your not biasing your opinion based on the massive amount of early picks Hawthorn have scrounged up of late by selling your senior players ;) ). 21 and under would meet my definition of kids, but since everyone else was listing 23 and under I wasn't going to sell Carlton short.

Nah, my bias didn't actually affect that comment. i just don't get 23 and under being classed as 'kids'. I'll give you 21 and under, but I wouldn't refer to anyone I know of at 20 years of age as a kid.

GALON said:
Of course but is Hodge a 'kid'? he can mix it with anyone in the comp.
Calling someone a kid denotes that they are inexperienced or lacking in polish or physical atributes.
Which is why I like to keep it to 21 year olds and younger, but is the Hodge you see today going to be as good as he'll ever be? I still think he has a lot to learn and he hasn't reached his full potential yet.

A side step from the poll...

I reckon (maybe with some bias) that North have the best young midfielders coming through the ranks - including a young ruck duo. A very talented core group which our side will be built around over the next decade.

Hale - McIntosh - Wells - Harris - Jesse Smith - McConnell - Swallow

McConnell (Glandular fever) & Smith (broken ankle and reconstruction) haven't been seen all season - and will be virtual recruits next year.

Just need to pick up a CHF & FB to fill in the gaps and I'll be a very happy camper.

Lidge said:
A side step from the poll...

I reckon (maybe with some bias) that North have the best young midfielders coming through the ranks - including a young ruck duo. A very talented core group which our side will be built around over the next decade.

Hale - McIntosh - Wells - Harris - Jesse Smith - McConnell - Swallow

McConnell (Glandular fever) & Smith (broken ankle and reconstruction) haven't been seen all season - and will be virtual recruits next year.

Just need to pick up a CHF & FB to fill in the gaps and I'll be a very happy camper.
Only some?

Warwick said:
Hawthorn!! Hahahaha.

They should have the best group of kids because of the number of high picks they have, but they don't. Does anyone actually watch the games or just listen to newspaper reports about how good so-and-so is going to be?
Warwick there are these people at your club called 'recruiters'. There's also a comp run for under 18's and a carnival for these under 18's to play at against other kids from all over Australia.
Rumour has it that some of the kids that perform in this comp go on to play AFL. Sometimes recruiters will even talk about how good some of the better players in the comp will be in future years. It's the recruiters job to know all the kids and try and draft the best ones.
Also, there a league that runs under the AFL, where alot of young draftees play if they're not getting a senior game at their AFL club.
There's also a very strong rumour that if you go and watch this league called the VFL you can see some of these draftees learning their skills for the future. God only knows, but maybe some of them might actually turn out to be decent players. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GALON said:
But if you were paying attention you'd see that some of our higher picks haven't even debuted yet. Hence the reason people think we have the best kids. Most people are well aware of Roughead, Lewis and Franklin, but Dowler, Ellis and Muston had just as much, if not more interest in them pre draft.
And then we got big Max, who will be an absolute gem.
Have you looked at Sherman and Drummond? They're not exactly number one, two or three picks but they're fantastic youngsters. Matthews can develop these players and change them. In Clarkson's case, they're basically thrown on a plate because of good recruiters. He can't change or improve youngsters like Matthews does.

don vito of fitzroy said:
Have you looked at Sherman and Drummond? They're not exactly number one, two or three picks but they're fantastic youngsters. Matthews can develop these players and change them. In Clarkson's case, they're basically thrown on a plate because of good recruiters. He can't change or improve youngsters like Matthews does.
You're saying he can't. But how long have you given him?
The jury is still out, and the kids like Lewis, Roughead etc are only in thier second year at the club.

GALON said:
You're saying he can't. But how long have you given him?
The jury is still out, and the kids like Lewis, Roughead etc are only in thier second year at the club.
Judging from the way they play at full strength and Clarkson's approach to everything, I don't rate him highly. If this team succeeds and if Clarkson can improve these players, I'd rather take it as a surprise. I think that Clarkson tries to be too positive and diplomatic instead of really trying to point out his team's mistakes. These kids need encouragement but at times Clarkson will need to come face-to-face with a player and point out his mistakes. Look at Zac Dawson. That guy gets destroyed all the time but Clarkson on most occasions, of not all times, tries to be too positive. Clarkson needs to help him point out his mistakes but also help Dawson play confidently. Experiance isn't the only thing. There's more to it than that.

Pies by a mile check out these names
Dale Thomas
Scott Pendlebury
Heath Shaw
Harry Obrien
Chris Egan
Ben Davis
Sean Rustling
Julien Rowe
Sam Illies
Danny Stanley
John Anthony