Best Movie of all time ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised i missed a few classics, but i suppose thats always gunna happen with only 20 options :confused:

In the Name of the Father
Lord of the Rings 1 - 2 - 3

If ur favorite top 5 movies arent on the list, dont slag the thread just name them.

1. Downfall (Der Untergang)-Absolutely stunning movie. Incredible performance by Bruno Granz.
2. The Godfather-The best actor of all time at his best. Truly great movie.
3. Star Wars Episode IV-No matter how many times you watch it, it gets better rather than worse. Still fun to watch after all these years.

sandeano said:
You know, there were movies made before 1980.

BINGO

Let's see i like a lot more movies that were made many moons ago. You'd be hard pressed to go pass the following as one of the best/greatest movies of all time -

It's a wonderful Life - Jimmy Stewart

Honourable mentions to -

Ben Hur, Casablanca, 12 Angry men, High Noon, Spartacus, Mr Smith goes to Washington, The Good the Bad & the ugly, Seven Samuri, Lillies in the field, Red River, Shane .... i could keep going as i would have well over 1,000 dvd's :thumbsu:

sandeano said:
You know, there were movies made before 1980.

yeah i know, but i havent seen them. So i cant comment.

movies like

Citizen Kane
Seven Samuari
Casablanca
Gone with the wind
Ben Hur
Deer Hunter
China town
Maltese Falcon

Can u recommend any of these to me.

i voted for

Godfather
Usual Suspects
Braveheart
Goodfellas
Schnidlers List

Not one movie there that I'd vote for.

If you had of selected the top 20 movies as voted for on IMDB then we could have had a decent poll. See how BigFooty members compare to the rest of the world.

DEVO said:
Not one movie there that I'd vote for.

If you had of selected the top 20 movies as voted for on IMDB then we could have had a decent poll. See how BigFooty members compare to the rest of the world.

Rather poorly I'd imagine, as virtually all here think that movies started being be made in 1980 or perhaps 1990.

Sad really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dry Rot said:
Rather poorly I'd imagine, as virtually all here think that movies started being be made in 1980 or perhaps 1990.

Sad really.

What gets me is that today there are more great foreign and older films readily available than ever before. Even the local Blockbuster will carry a notable handful of truly great movies, looking better than ever in the aspect ratio they were intended to be seen in.

Yet so many people just choose not to watch them.

Just bizarre.

Why on earth are the matrix films even on that list.
First one was good, but a long way from being the greatest, and the other two were huge piles of ****.

Anyway picking the #1 movie of all time would be bloody hard so i'll take a stab and say its probably one of the ernest movies. Ernest scared stupid would probably be the winner.

1. Home Alone
2. Howard the Duck
3. Home Alone 3
4.Stop! Or My Mum Will Shoot
5. Don't Tell Mum the babysitters dead

Five all time greats.

lloydbraun said:
1. Home Alone
2. Howard the Duck
3. Home Alone 3
4.Stop! Or My Mum Will Shoot
5. Don't Tell Mum the babysitters dead

Five all time greats.

I would like to add Chicken Park to that wonderful list Lloyd. It was a very moving movie.

sandeano said:
What gets me is that today there are more great foreign and older films readily available than ever before. Even the local Blockbuster will carry a notable handful of truly great movies, looking better than ever in the aspect ratio they were intended to be seen in.

Yet so many people just choose not to watch them.

Just bizarre.

Dunno what's gone wrong with most of the people here.

Youth is not an excuse. Maybe I was lucky growing up in Canberra, but in my late teens and early twenties I was watching classic silent films, and classics from the thirties through to the seventies.

And as you say, availability is not issue.

Not a single Arnie movie in there. This poll blows.

1. Predator
2. Commando.
3 Terminator 1 and 2 (NOT 3!)
4. The Running Man
5. Total Recall
6. Raw Deal
7. Conan the Barbarian and Destroyer (Throw in Red Sonja for good measure)

1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather Part II
3. Taxi Driver
4. Pulp Fiction
5. The Shawshank Redemption
6. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
7. Apocalypse Now
8. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
9. Citizen Kane
10. Once Upon a Time In the West

---

Honorable mentions: Goodfellas, Star Wars, The Usual Suspects, A Clockwork Orange.

Where are all the "Transformer" movie Geeks?

It's a Wonderful Life, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

Best.Movies.Ever.

BTW, the plots of Star Wars episode 7,8 and 9 are online and George Lucas predicts release for 7 as 2014. Hopefully he gets someone who CAN direct to direct them.

www.supershadow.com

USAEagle said:
Where are all the "Transformer" movie Geeks?

It's a Wonderful Life, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

Best.Movies.Ever.

BTW, the plots of Star Wars episode 7,8 and 9 are online and George Lucas predicts release for 7 as 2014. Hopefully he gets someone who CAN direct to direct them.

www.supershadow.com
2014? why so long a wait?

I agree that there are a lot of good movies made before 1980 but The Shawshank Redemption would still get my vote. I have about 100 DVDs. Probably half before 1980 half after. I love Alfred Hitchcock movies: The Birds, North by Northwest, Vertigo, Psycho etc. Classics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Movie of all time ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back