Best Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

Telstra Dome on a Friday/Saturday night with a full house has a great atmosphere. I went to the Australia vs Ireland rugby for the World Cup and the atmosphere was incredible however I still loving going to the G it truly is the 'home of football'

MCG is the best, nothing even comes close, I think also Telstra Stadium would be a good venue, but I havent been there so I cant comment.

Other good stadiums are The GABBA and also Footy Park, Telstra Dome isnt too bad either if there is a good crowd there;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well between my family weve been to-

MCG
TELSTRA DOME
FOOTY PARK
SHELL STADIUM
OPTUS OVAL
GABBA
SCG
SUBIACO

MCG-great stadium, went to an anzac day clash was truly great, facilities are good 9/10

Telstra Dome-good IF theres a crowd, great atmosphere and great in wet weather 7/10

Footy Park-Metal seats, cold in winter, then hot on hot days! expensive food, **** parking, 3/10

Shell-decent ground for a smaller city 7/10

Optus Oval-hate it, hate it, hate it 3/10

Gabba-good place to watch footy, excellent food facilities etc, easy to get to! 9/10

SCG- good wen full, lacks atmoshphere wen not full-5/10

Subiaco-good stadium, good atmoshphere, i like it 7/10

Right now with the MCG the way it is my favourite to go to is Optus. But only if I'm at the members end (which I always am) because I tried to sit in the Legends Stand end and the sun kills you.

Telstra Dome is a ****hole and I hate hate hate hate it. It's too manufactured with all the ground looking the same and dont get me started on the security firm.

Telstra Stadium is a nice ground but not really shaped for football.

I've heard good things about the Gabba and I'll find out this season what it's like...lets hope its louder than it seems on TV though

Originally posted by hirdy_is_champ
definatly the mcg

telstra stadium looks good though and the atmosphere at telstra dome is the best especially at the "house of horrors" game vs freo

You are kidding aren't you? I was at that game and the atmosphere was downright pathetic (at least compared to what I was expecting after reading the Melbourne papers in the few days prior). Loved the Dome though, by far the best ground i've ever been to, it sh*ts all over the MCG. And i'm sure if the crowd decided to get into it instead of staying rooted to their seat and going the golf clap all game, the atmosphere would be bloody good too.

Originally posted by Fullarton Power
Without question.. Football Park. Nowhere else even comes close.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH this is a joke right? Did you misread the thread? It didn't say "Worst Stadium?"

Originally posted by Scottroo
Footy Park-Metal seats, cold in winter, then hot on hot days! expensive food, **** parking, 3/10
I agree the aluminium seats were not great, but they have now been replaced with plastic bucket seats. Didn't think the food was anymore expensive than the Victorian stadiums.

Whilst I obviously watch most games at Footy Park & enjoy the atmosphere, particularly for night games - I actually enjoy travelling insterstate to watch games at the MCG, Telstra Dome & SCG, as they are also great venues. Must also get to the Gabba & across to Subiaco one day too.

Originally posted by Danny_Green
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH this is a joke right? Did you misread the thread? It didn't say "Worst Stadium?"
...& like you have credibility on SA venues! :rolleyes:

Next you will be telling us Adelaide Oval is the worst cricket ground in the world...:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back