Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried to make a withdrawal with betfocus and they requested a bank statement with six weeks worth of transactions even though I only ever made one deposit three days earlier!
The easiest option is just to comply with the request. As long as the account is in your name it shouldn't be a problem. If they have asked for bank statements you should send redacted statements unless they specifically specify otherwise.

Lol no I’m not. Whether the bookmakers like it or not you are allowed to also bet elsewhere. That isn’t grounds for not paying

I reccomend you look up the puntnow case that happened last year.

If they have in their terms and conditions about arbing, they can ask for betting statements from other companies to prove it.

If they have in their terms and conditions about arbing, they can ask for betting statements from other companies to prove it.

This would set an extremely dangerous precedence.

Eg.
Betfocus account used to facilitate an arb.

Scenario 1:
Betfocus side of bet is a losing bet.
  • They DON'T request user's betting statement from competitor (aka other bookmaker)

Scenario 2:
Betfocus side of bet is a winning bet.
  • They DO request user's betting statement from competitor (aka other bookmaker)

See the issue here? If it's good for the Goose, it has to be good for the Gander also.

If you want to be argumentative, the least you could do is provide evidence to back up your statements.

Where is the link to this case?

They can ask all they want but it doesn’t make it legal and it wouldn’t hold up legally no matter what they have in their terms and conditions about arbing

Bet365 tried this stunt just a few months ago and immediately had to withdraw their request as soon as it escalated. That sort of invasiveness is far beyond what they are allowed to do to get out of paying someone or suspecting that someone might be arbing (which isn’t illegal)

They can ask all they want but it doesn’t make it legal and it wouldn’t hold up legally no matter what they have in their terms and conditions about arbing

You may be right on a legal front. I wouldn't expect anyone to go legal for a small amount of money. Unfortunately, there is not alot the punters can do in these situations and bodies such as lg NSW don't actually help to get monies back.

Sticking to what I said earlier, best to avoid showing them transactions to other bookies if they ask for a statement. Unless there was no arbing done.

You may be right on a legal front. I wouldn't expect anyone to go legal for a small amount of money. Unfortunately, there is not alot the punters can do in these situations and bodies such as lg NSW don't actually help to get monies back.

Sticking to what I said earlier, best to avoid showing them transactions to other bookies if they ask for a statement. Unless there was no arbing done.

Plenty of places you can file a case without a lawyer needed and even the threat of it should result in the bookmaker withdrawing their request as it is well beyond what they are reasonably allowed to request without having strong evidence of money laundering. It’s definitely too invasive to avoid paying out on the suspicion of arbing or promo abuse.

Just don’t show them anything beyond the transaction from your bank to theirs. That is all they realistically need

Just save yourself the trouble. Fair trading, liquor and gaming NSW, ACCC.....all of these mobs won't do anything for you.

Bookies hold all the power, we are nothing but pawns in their game.

How much did you deposit and how much did you withdraw?

At the bare minimum they have to give your deposit back.

I believe they are part of NSW liquor and gaming commission. They released a statement earlier this year saying they would be tough on bookmakers making it hard on people to withdraw.

Maybe tell them that you're happy to provide all evidence of banking transactions to them that only show betfocus. Should they not accept that, then tell them you will be making a formal complaint to L&G NSW.

I suppose, if you have nothing to hide on your bank statement which include no other deposits to any other bookmaker, especially betfair, then send it and be gone with them.
I said I would only provide a bank statement with the transaction to betfocus visible. The initial deposit was $300 I tried to withdraw around $400. They said they would pass on my message to accounts. At worst I probably would of got my deposit back.. However I cancelled the withdrawal request and dropped the lot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just save yourself the trouble. Fair trading, liquor and gaming NSW, ACCC.....all of these mobs won't do anything for you.

Bookies hold all the power, we are nothing but pawns in their game.

Agree with this 100%

This is why TAB and Sportsbet are the absolute Kings of the bookmakers to make money on. Everything else proceed with ⚠️

I said I would only provide a bank statement with the transaction to betfocus visible. The initial deposit was $300 I tried to withdraw around $400. They said they would pass on my message to accounts. At worst I probably would of got my deposit back.. However I cancelled the withdrawal request and dropped the lot!

This sucks. I've been in the exact same position before. It's really foul play by them.

I may he very off here. Did you happen to deposit $300 get a $90 bonus, do less then a few bets to turnover and then put through a withdraw soon after?

This sucks. I've been in the exact same position before. It's really foul play by them.

I may he very off here. Did you happen to deposit $300 get a $90 bonus, do less then a few bets to turnover and then put through a withdraw soon after?
Yes, that's correct. I requested the withdrawal after 3 days and not many bets placed.

Agree with this 100%

This is why TAB and Sportsbet are the absolute Kings of the bookmakers to make money on. Everything else proceed with ⚠️
Sportsbet? Are you serious? Been restricted to Penny's for at least a decade, maybe I can get on a sports bet to win say $40 or $50 depending on the event or market but that's it. Forget about horse racing bets $10 @ 3.00 will be rejected and give me some bizzare $2.34.

Sportsbet? Are you serious? Been restricted to Penny's for at least a decade, maybe I can get on a sports bet to win say $40 or $50 depending on the event or market but that's it. Forget about horse racing bets $10 @ 3.00 will be rejected and give me some bizzare $2.34.

Without promos then sportsbet has no value.

Without promos then sportsbet has no value.
More stake restrictions I was talking about but yeah promo banned as well 🤣 Strangely enough I can still get a decent stake at Bet365 and also promo banned, Unibet tiny stakes and promo banned but still I can turn a profit out of that book with positive EV's 🤷

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back