Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a few guys that have had their SportAlive accounts transferred over to Tom Waterhouse with 50% of what they had in there. Sums up to $600.

They didn't receive the email but just tried logging in with their credentials.

I know a few guys that have had their SportAlive accounts transferred over to Tom Waterhouse with 50% of what they had in there. Sums up to $600.

They didn't receive the email but just tried logging in with their credentials.
Ha, I've got $200. No idea how they came up with that figure, but given I'd already written off teh $1400 its something, I guess.

Probably because he can't get in once, which saves the login details. I've heard of others with the same issue, but don't know what the fix is.

readbet customers this is on the home page!!!

Dear Readbet Customers,

Due to new business opportunities presenting themselves, I have made the decision to cease trading my online business www.Readbet.com.au. I will still continue my on-track business and look forward to seeing you during the Spring Carnival.

Please note that we will continue trading over the weekend with Monday the 3rd of October 2011 being our final day of trading. Following this date, the website will be available until the 15th of October 2011 for you to request a withdrawal of your funds, pending having met appropriate verification requirements.

Please note that from the 16th of October 2011, unclaimed funds will be held in trust until verification requirements are met and withdrawals requested.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support. It has been an exciting and fulfilling journey; however I look forward to my new venture with great enthusiasm.

Kind regards,

Kathryn Read

I made a weekend withdrawal on bet 365back to my credit account which was recieved, but then my bank (NAB) has immediatley debited it with an assocaited transaction description of 'Unclear Payment Held'.

Has anyone run into this problem before and/or knows what it means?

Here is some more bad bookie behaviour for you.

Accidentally placed a bet on a tennis match on overs instead of unders.

I accept this is clearly my mistake.

The match is over an hour away.

Ring up Centrebet, 30 seconds after I spotted the mistake and requested the bet be changed to the right option or cancelled.

The bookie refused.

Now instead I need to make a formal complaint and then go via the NT Gaming Commission.

I don't know any other bookmaker that would be so petty in the circumstances to refuse to change a bet if notified of a mistake one minute later.

:thumbsdown:

Here is some more bad bookie behaviour for you.

Accidentally placed a bet on a tennis match on overs instead of unders.

I accept this is clearly my mistake.

The match is over an hour away.

Ring up Centrebet, 30 seconds after I spotted the mistake and requested the bet be changed to the right option or cancelled.

The bookie refused.

Now instead I need to make a formal complaint and then go via the NT Gaming Commission.

I don't know any other bookmaker that would be so petty in the circumstances to refuse to change a bet if notified of a mistake one minute later.

:thumbsdown:

They dont need to cancel your bet. Dont know how you think you have a leg to stand on.

Of course they don't HAVE to, it's just about customer experience. How does it hurt them to cancel it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding on course bookies last spring carnival I placed bets with 2 different bookmakers and was given the wrong ticket on both occasions. I realised both times and went back and they changed it over. One bet was a winner paying ~$15. The bets were $50-100.

I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not on their behalf but I certainly wasn't happy with it. Do you think this was likely to be a mistake or something more sinister? Seems like an easy way to make money given how many drunks/mug punters there at the carnival who would blame themselves.

In b4 lol on-course bookies.

Of course they don't HAVE to, it's just about customer experience. How does it hurt them to cancel it?

Not the point. They are under no obligation to refund the bet so going to the NT gaming commission and making a formal complaint is a complete waste of time.

Regarding on course bookies last spring carnival I placed bets with 2 different bookmakers and was given the wrong ticket on both occasions. I realised both times and went back and they changed it over. One bet was a winner paying ~$15. The bets were $50-100.

I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not on their behalf but I certainly wasn't happy with it. Do you think this was likely to be a mistake or something more sinister? Seems like an easy way to make money given how many drunks/mug punters there at the carnival who would blame themselves.

In b4 lol on-course bookies.

He was the one who made the mistake not the bookie

Not the point. They are under no obligation to refund the bet so going to the NT gaming commission and making a formal complaint is a complete waste of time.

I've already made a formal complaint to Centrebet.

Happy to proceed to the NT Gambling Commission for arbitration.

I won't even quote legislation, but can you find one other industry that traffics in a good or service, where if you make a purchase, will not offer you a complete refund if you return it one minute later?

There is no loss for the bookie (especially for an event that occurs in the future).

Meanwhile, the bookies are at their complete liberty to cancel their own mistakes.

Will keep you updated on the status of this matter for all punters out there.

Hell, I'm already doing template submissions to the ACT Ombudsman against the ACT Gambling Commission for Sportsalive.

Lets make sure this industry is regulated properly.

I think the gist of the argument surrounds this clause in Centrebet's T+C's.

['2.3 Corrections of Errors Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these rules, if Centrebet publishes, posts or quotes any incorrect betting information for any racing or sporting event, such as posting wrong odds or lines, then regardless of the cause or source of such error:

1. If the error is identified prior to the commencement of the event and notified by Centrebet either directly to the client or to the most recent email address supplied by a customer, whose bet on that event has been accepted or confirmed by Centrebet, all single bets are void and will be cancelled with the bet amount refunded. Where this bet is part of a multiple bet, that leg of the multiple bet is removed and the dividend for the multiple bet is recalculated excluding that leg.
']

1. Customers should be afforded the same right as the bookie to correct mistakes if notified before the event.

2. This should of course be subject to how reasonable the request is and whether the bookie has suffered any loss.

3. In this case the bet was sought to be transferred to the correct wager or alternatively cancelled one minute later (with no harm to Centrebet).

Its just bad form. :thumbsdown:

Yes its bad form and doesnt do them any favours but you will get absolutety no where going to the gaming commission. There terms and conditions are clearly favouring the bookie and customers do not abide by the same rules as the bookie. While it may not be fair you agreed to those terms when registering and dont have a leg to stand on with your complaint.

Which one do you work for Doc?

Must be Centrebet seeings they are who he is complaining about right? If they agreed to cancel it then good on them for being nice but they are not obliged to and to expect them to when there rules state they wont cancel a bet once it has been confirmed is absurd. You may not like their decision but there is nothing wrong with it and you just have to make sure you check your bets before clicking confirm next time.

If they agreed to cancel it then good on them for being nice but they are not obliged to and to expect them to when there rules state they wont cancel a bet once it has been confirmed is absurd.

I think you will find there is no such rule.

Especially as any such rule would potentially be in breach of the Australian Consumer Law.

Feel free to point it out though as you are so confident.

Edit: In any event, its not the money that matters, its the principle.

I'm just warning others about the unethical conduct of Centrebet and to be wary in future dealings with them.

Second Edit: For good measure I've also reported this incident to SBR

I think you will find there is no such rule.

Especially as any such rule would potentially be in breach of the Australian Consumer Law.

Feel free to point it out though as you are so confident.

Edit: In any event, its not the money that matters, its the principle.

I'm just warning others about the unethical conduct of Centrebet and to be wary in future dealings with them.

Second Edit: For good measure I've also reported this incident to SBR

Your a character asanque ill give you that. Out of interest what are you planning on reporting to the gaming commission? Surely not just their ethics? In the end they have done nothing wrong, they are not going out of their way to be helpful but you cannot expect that, its just a bonus if they do. People have nothing to be wary of other than not to expect them to bend the rules for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back