Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

shouldn't be long, apparently the tripps already have a buyer for it in 5 years if certain KPI's are reached.

Is there any other industry that can pick and choose it customers like bookmakers. I have seen both sides, lose and you are treated like royalty, win and this is what you get;

Re: Your Bookmaker.com.au Account

We wish to advise that following a recent review by our Bookmaking Department, we have had to close your account.

Please advise your bank details (incl. Bank Name, BSB, Account Name and Account Number), and we will arrange for payment of your outstanding balance as soon as possible.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards

So essentially they target problem gamblers and boot winning punters. It is a smart business model, but surely there should be legislative issues with this, the corner store is not allowed to choose who they serve and who they don't, so why are bookmakers?

Yes, 90% of books will send you an email like that.

I have only had one account closed via a phone call, which is the first account I had closed.

I once put a $1000 bet on a $1.65 line with Bookmaker and me then put $500 the other side at $3.50 with Ladbrokes two hours after the market readjusted. Cause they are both affiliated with each other, both accounts got closed.

Yes, 90% of books will send you an email like that.

I have only had one account closed via a phone call, which is the first account I had closed.

I once put a $1000 bet on a $1.65 line with Bookmaker and me then put $500 the other side at $3.50 with Ladbrokes two hours after the market readjusted. Cause they are both affiliated with each other, both accounts got closed.
Arbing will get you banned quicker than the speed of light. What a catch by them though.

As opposed to problem gamblers who lose thousands, which they absolutely adore.

Funny that.

It's not that though, a lot of the stuff is automated feeds now so with programs like bet genius, arbs just bite into their percentages, but back when every bookmaker were doing their own odds and markets, they hated em because they weren't actually beating the bookie as in smart betting, they were just backing errors to an extent.

People here using BF software (BetAngel / EVO) what's the deal when the old BF site is switched off in November? Simple software upgrade or more complex?

Pinnacle Aus

- No racing product for another month at least
- Withdrawals paid out only once per week
- Won't be offering all markets that international version does
- No multis

Is there any other betting or non betting online business that offers a better rewards program than tabrewards? Second to non that I know of right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that though, a lot of the stuff is automated feeds now so with programs like bet genius, arbs just bite into their percentages, but back when every bookmaker were doing their own odds and markets, they hated em because they weren't actually beating the bookie as in smart betting, they were just backing errors to an extent.

I only bet when I think the price is wrong. Hardly a difference.

Was just checking my Beteasy account and someone has had a $200 bet from it on Lonhruge in R1 at Sandown today. Horse was 20-1 and I have NFI how someone got into my account and placed it. I have been at work all day, nowhere near a computer. Bet was lodged at 12.01pm and apparently was referred to traders. Race started at 12.45pm.

Nobody else has my codes, have obviously changed password immediately. No other accounts impacted and virus / spyware sweep says no breaches. I've asked Beteasy to do an IP search on who placed the bet but not sure what else I can do. The bet is way out of whack with my normal betting pattern with Beteasy, not sure if I am any chance to recover this money or not. Thinking it's pretty unlikely

Was just checking my Beteasy account and someone has had a $200 bet from it on Lonhruge in R1 at Sandown today. Horse was 20-1 and I have NFI how someone got into my account and placed it. I have been at work all day, nowhere near a computer. Bet was lodged at 12.01pm and apparently was referred to traders. Race started at 12.45pm.

Nobody else has my codes, have obviously changed password immediately. No other accounts impacted and virus / spyware sweep says no breaches. I've asked Beteasy to do an IP search on who placed the bet but not sure what else I can do. The bet is way out of whack with my normal betting pattern with Beteasy, not sure if I am any chance to recover this money or not. Thinking it's pretty unlikely

I've found their customer service to be incompetent as the best of times. Hopefully it all works out for you.

Yeah have found their customer service brilliant since the takeover. Its as if they knew just how diabolical they were back in the day. Plus with the bonus bet offers every week they are definitely my top 3 books

Agree, they have gone from a clear last to my best book outside Pinny / BF. The Friday night / Sat horse racing free bet promos are great.

They sort of half admitted they couldn't tell where the $200 bet had come from or who put it on but that it was most likely someone else's bet they accidently dropped on my account.Was way out of whack with normal betting patterns but they just refunded it without a big fight so was really good. I also offered them time stamped video proof of where I was at work at 12.01pm along with stat decs from 4 other staff proving I couldn't have put the bet on at that time, but didnt need to provide it.

Having worked in the industry, it was probably a phone betting error where someone has called up, given their account number and either said the wrong acc number or the operator has put in the wrong account number and didn't confirm name or both people have been in error with it. Happens a bit especially close to the jump of the race. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Having worked in the industry, it was probably a phone betting error where someone has called up, given their account number and either said the wrong acc number or the operator has put in the wrong account number and didn't confirm name or both people have been in error with it. Happens a bit especially close to the jump of the race. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Cheers for that, helps a lot. Was pretty worried at the time I'd been hacked so pulled money out of all accounts but seems like it's exactly what you said.

The same thing happened to me once. I think it was with Classicbet. Someone had placed a $500 bet on some horse, and I hardly ever bet on horses. I called them and I didn't even have to provide much of an explanation. The bloke I spoke to was awesome about it and basically said something along the lines of what lll Chicken explained above. I too was afraid I had been hacked, but they apologised for the error and my $500 was credited back to me instantly.

I was very impressed and didn't expect it to be resolved that quickly.

just as a matter of interest what would you guys have done if the bet won?

elmer_fudd_shh_be_very_quiet.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back