Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably going to sound stupid and a waste of my time, but it isn't the $0.01 I had an issue with.

Crownbet only let me on to win $50. It has been like this for months. Every single bet I place will be sent through to a trader, and only part of my stake is accepted. If I place a bet where my return, if accepted, will profit more than $50 (every time), traders will reduce my stake so I am only profiting $50. Fair enough, it's their discretion, I acknowledge that and accept it.

Looking at my bet slip over the past week, some examples are:

$56.81 at $1.88 - winning bet, return of $106.81 (profit of $50). mathematically, this is actually incorrect and my return should be $106.80, so they are giving me an extra cent due to my return effectively being $106.802. That should not be rounded up.

$58.82 at $1.85 - winning bet, return of $108.82 (profit of $50). This is correct.

$45.45 at $2.10 - 2x winning bets, returning $95.45.
$45.45 at $2.10 - 4x winning bets, returning $95.44.

I did grade three months, so I aware and educated enough to realise a return of $95.445 gets rounded to $95.45. (45.45 x $2.10).

Anyway, I brought this to their attention and I made them aware that I wasn't there to argue about $0.01, and to alert them to their inconsistencies when their automatic generated calculating system has calculated the exact same bets and the returns were different, with one giving a return of $95.45 and another giving a return of $95.44.

Speaking to 2x fruitloops, one in a chatroom and one on the phone, they both were not educated enough to agree with me. One of them had the audacity to tell me my maths is incorrect.

I even told one of them they have, on numerous occasions, given me an extra cent.

One of my $45.45 bets at odds of $2.10 was somehow placed twice. On the exact same event (I'm not sure why the trader didn't reject it the second time). One of them return $95.45 and the other returns $95.44. The operator took a while to respond to that and told me to hold while he checks with a trader. He finally realised I was correct. When returning to the conversation, he tried telling me in the second time of me placing the bet, the odds changed from $2.10 to $2.10001 so that's the reason for the difference. Errrr, what? Are you seriously that thick? $2.100001 is higher than odds of $2.10, you fruitloop. So why was the second bet I placed a lower figure, when in your example the returns should still both be $95.45?

The customer service representative I spoke to on the phone must only work there part time and his full time job is working for Kellogg's. He realised he was fighting a losing battle and refused to acknowledge this, so in the end he ended the phone call by telling me he has credited my account with five cents. I don't care about the five cents, you fruitloop.

This is probably going to sound stupid and a waste of my time, but it isn't the $0.01 I had an issue with.

Crownbet only let me on to win $50. It has been like this for months. Every single bet I place will be sent through to a trader, and only part of my stake is accepted. If I place a bet where my return, if accepted, will profit more than $50 (every time), traders will reduce my stake so I am only profiting $50. Fair enough, it's their discretion, I acknowledge that and accept it.

Looking at my bet slip over the past week, some examples are:

$56.81 at $1.88 - winning bet, return of $106.81 (profit of $50). mathematically, this is actually incorrect and my return should be $106.80, so they are giving me an extra cent due to my return effectively being $106.802. That should not be rounded up.

$58.82 at $1.85 - winning bet, return of $108.82 (profit of $50). This is correct.

$45.45 at $2.10 - 2x winning bets, returning $95.45.
$45.45 at $2.10 - 4x winning bets, returning $95.44.

I did grade three months, so I aware and educated enough to realise a return of $95.445 gets rounded to $95.45. (45.45 x $2.10).

Anyway, I brought this to their attention and I made them aware that I wasn't there to argue about $0.01, and to alert them to their inconsistencies when their automatic generated calculating system has calculated the exact same bets and the returns were different, with one giving a return of $95.45 and another giving a return of $95.44.

Speaking to 2x fruitloops, one in a chatroom and one on the phone, they both were not educated enough to agree with me. One of them had the audacity to tell me my maths is incorrect.

I even told one of them they have, on numerous occasions, given me an extra cent.

One of my $45.45 bets at odds of $2.10 was somehow placed twice. On the exact same event (I'm not sure why the trader didn't reject it the second time). One of them return $95.45 and the other returns $95.44. The operator took a while to respond to that and told me to hold while he checks with a trader. He finally realised I was correct. When returning to the conversation, he tried telling me in the second time of me placing the bet, the odds changed from $2.10 to $2.10001 so that's the reason for the difference. Errrr, what? Are you seriously that thick? $2.100001 is higher than odds of $2.10, you fruitloop. So why was the second bet I placed a lower figure, when in your example the returns should still both be $95.45?

The customer service representative I spoke to on the phone must only work there part time and his full time job is working for Kellogg's. He realised he was fighting a losing battle and refused to acknowledge this, so in the end he ended the phone call by telling me he has credited my account with five cents. I don't care about the five cents, you fruitloop.

You may have passed grade 3 maths but grade 3 English obviously not your strong point.

So good :D

I enjoyed the story.

But shouldn't this be in 'Annoy a corporate'? :p

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/duritz-in-annoy-a-corporate.1125641/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TAB are in takeover negotiations Tatts. Can't see TAB wanting to be bought buy anyone else, I think they want to get even bigger themselves.

Yeah if they are just slow adjusting markets then that is on them and not an "obvious mistake" that they can void a bet because of, especially given they shortened the odds by 20c after the first bet is placed

Heres my current dispute with Madbookie, check the link to read the full story on punters

https://www.punters.com.au/forum/horse-racing/Madbookie-problems_87585/
Good Luck Kyan

I had a bet with them at best tote + SP at Eagle Farm on Melbourne Cup Day. The horse won (I thought that was the hard bit!) with a best tote of $5.70 and a SP of $7 (doesnt happen often in Brisbane I know!). Madbookie settles at $5.70 so I query it and get told that Management have made a decision to settle at Best Tote because there is no official starting price. I point out that the Racing Australia and Racing Queensland web pages show a Starting Price of $7. I get told no there is no starting price - I say the official sources say that there is and can they show me any official source to back up their claim. They come back and say take it up with the authority if you want. Of course this was the day that the Norfolk Island authority got nuked by the Commonwealth so I didnt like my chances !

Lesson learnt - never bet with Norfolk Island regulated bookies and steer clear of these guys.

Yeah if they are just slow adjusting markets then that is on them and not an "obvious mistake" that they can void a bet because of, especially given they shortened the odds by 20c after the first bet is placed

Exactly, is it my fault i have taken top odds and their traders haven't done their research? I find it grossly disrespectful that even after i called them after i placed my 2nd bet to ask the madbookie traders if all was fine and was told 'yes all good' that i get an email from their director today saying completely different. It just goes to show that if your faster than a bookmaker on finding prices you will not be awarded a payout for being better than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back