Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: BigFooty Fantasy Football League

Everyone is going to look at the positive side of why their trades and wavers will be good for them.

Imo, IF Jackson can get back to his form, Westbrook there will boost Dspeed. With Berrian providing his regular 5-7 points, and Holt not struggling with injury etc, then Dspeed could be in great shape. Add in Henry too.

On the flipside, imo Westbrook has a tough schedule ahead. And his number so far against good teams have been around the 70 yard mark rushing + 40 catching. With 0-1 TDs. Westbrook is also one of those Ahman GReen type of players who will miss games due to injuries every now and then to really give you the shits.

As for Berrian, he's a good WR but only as good as Mason. They both provide that 5-7 type of points. But Mason is the ONLY target, whereas Muhammed and Olsen are gonna steal more TDs from him. He's only got 1 all year. Like Housh and Henry being the big TD getters, is the thing we all need.

But Johnson is still gonna be up there with Palmer throwing the ball. He'll get his TDs. With Watson now giving them some big run, then anyone who has a Cinci player will benefit.

For me personally, I didnt want to make Westbrook a keeper anyway. I always was gonna use him for trade bait, and now is a good time at 3-4.

As for playoffs.....dpseed was always able to get right back in the hunt and didnt need to try to sell me the notion that he has "unlikely" chance. Pfft. In your division it's tight as all ****. In mine, I gotta try to keep up with the rampaging Domination and Bail Jumpers and the Mustangs are better than me right now.

Also, I'm very happy with my RB situation. I spent a lot of time finding the potential big ones on the horizon. So far the way it's looking, I've got a potentially mega-powerful RB corps. Potentially, the keyword, because the ****ers better start doing something now.

I'm still scheming anyway. Not sitting back. Maybe more goings on in the weeks ahead.

Everyone is going to look at the positive side of why their trades and wavers will be good for them.

Imo, IF Jackson can get back to his form, Westbrook there will boost Dspeed. With Berrian providing his regular 5-7 points, and Holt not struggling with injury etc, then Dspeed could be in great shape. Add in Henry too.

On the flipside, imo Westbrook has a tough schedule ahead. And his number so far against good teams have been around the 70 yard mark rushing + 40 catching. With 0-1 TDs. Westbrook is also one of those Ahman GReen type of players who will miss games due to injuries every now and then to really give you the shits.

As for Berrian, he's a good WR but only as good as Mason. They both provide that 5-7 type of points. But Mason is the ONLY target, whereas Muhammed and Olsen are gonna steal more TDs from him. He's only got 1 all year. Like Housh and Henry being the big TD getters, is the thing we all need.

But Johnson is still gonna be up there with Palmer throwing the ball. He'll get his TDs. With Watson now giving them some big run, then anyone who has a Cinci player will benefit.

For me personally, I didnt want to make Westbrook a keeper anyway. I always was gonna use him for trade bait, and now is a good time at 3-4.

As for playoffs.....dpseed was always able to get right back in the hunt and didnt need to try to sell me the notion that he has "unlikely" chance. Pfft. In your division it's tight as all ****. In mine, I gotta try to keep up with the rampaging Domination and Bail Jumpers and the Mustangs are better than me right now.

Also, I'm very happy with my RB situation. I spent a lot of time finding the potential big ones on the horizon. So far the way it's looking, I've got a potentially mega-powerful RB corps. Potentially, the keyword, because the ****ers better start doing something now.

I'm still scheming anyway. Not sitting back. Maybe more goings on in the weeks ahead.
So Olsen and Muhammad are better then Heap, Clayton and Williams? Heap is the number 1 target in BMore and will be back after the bye week, reducing Mason's numbers significantly, anyway, i am very pleased, if Jackson comes back well i will have the best 1-2 punch at RB in our league

What Im saying is, when there was no Olsen and Muhammed wasnt the man, thru the first 5 or so games, Berrian was a pain in my ass. I was hoping he'd be big this year. That Grossman-Berrian would step it up. But Grossman's a *** and Berrian is still that consistent 50-70 yrd 0 TD guy, even with Griese there now and the pass yardage tripling. Instead, Muhammed has been the endzone guy, and Olsen is now back in after injury, and he's special, so he's gonna end up like a mini-Gonzalez. Which will also affect Berrian's yardage a little. But TDs could be weighted more in Olsen-Muhammed's favor than Berrian.

As for Mason, he's still the man. There's no one else but Heap. And Mason has more TDs and shown more likelihood of getting some despite Baltimore's shit season so far. Heap seems to have lost a bit due to all the injuries etc. He will still take a little time to get back to top gear. It could be week 10 then, with only 3 games in our season to go.

And Giants is a good acquisition for me. If they put up 15-20 numbers, then that beats relying on Berrian.

Im not trying to diss the trade at all. Just saying that you have valid reasons why you scored big. And I have valid reasons why I did good for myself. Im on a different wavelength to most of you.

dspeed must be confident, we did not see much of him when the losses were mounting up!! A few wins and a decent trade and HE IS BACK!!! :thumbsu:

You have me covered this week as my bye week (Cowboys especially) problems were always going to be week 8 (which I accepted).

Hopefully SJax is a bit sore and gets few carries, Westbrook is held and Chad Johnson has a BIG one!! :D

Im on a different wavelength to most of you.
obviously! one point that makes this obvious is that you think that the RB group of Young-Harrison-Thomas-Echemandu-Bush are as you put it, 'potentially mega-powerful RB corps'! HAHA, you are kidding right, 1 backup, 2 third stringers and another 2 that havent touched a ball all year!

anyway, good luck with the Giants getting 15-20 points a game considering they only average 8.6 and the fact that Mason rarely finds the endzone!

In my pov....Bowe-ChadJ-Mason is a great combo. TDs and good yardage. What did I have before? Sweet FA. Just Bowe (Chiefs arent Cinci), and the *** Berrian. Relying on that ****er for 15 points, but giving me 6.

Meanwhile, Westbrook was injured and a bye week. And apart from his 44 point game, has been giving about 15-17. That's like any normal RB out there already putting up 80 yrds and TD. Meanwhile, Ahman was out for too ****ing long, and the Texans run ****ed up. And Foster is a prick with his 1-5 type games as a starter. I expected more from the ****er.

Look at Watson now. 100+ yards and 3 TDs. If I can get an RB like that out of one my young'uns, then Westbrook isn't a loss, but gained me that big time WR I was lacking, and a better Berrian (Mason).

And my D/ST can now actually give me points a game, instead of the Texans last 5 games of 0 points.

So there's a plus and a minus in everything. But if I was you, I'd feel very happy. Because you STILL have potent WR (holt henry + berrian) and now you have westbrook and jackson. As long as St Louis doesnt stay a total write-off in every offensive position, then there's a lot to like about your team.

haha... its on again, I love it.

as far as I am concerned Chad Johnson is by far the best receiver in the league right now. At the moment he is second only to Randy Moss who has had a freakish season.

Westbrook is so-so... some 'wow' games but most are just average... I don't really give a rats but when you try and talk Chad Johnson down and Henry as having any impact on him its like trying to sell ice to eskimos!!

:thumbsdown:

dspeed must be confident, we did not see much of him when the losses were mounting up!! A few wins and a decent trade and HE IS BACK!!! :thumbsu:

You have me covered this week as my bye week (Cowboys especially) problems were always going to be week 8 (which I accepted).

Hopefully SJax is a bit sore and gets few carries, Westbrook is held and Chad Johnson has a BIG one!! :D
lol, nah finished classes yesterday so basically just on due to procrastination! still realistic and know that with only 6 weeks left i need something special to happen to make the playoffs, but you never know

Dude, Ive been hot for Selvin Young. He's good. Travis Henry is soon gone, and could be even out this week. Sure, against Steelers, but at least I'll have 7-13 points from Young if he starts.

Harrison is going to take the starting job very soon. Trust me. Lewis is like Green now and will eventually lose his place to a younger stud. Wright is good, but Harrison will take starter.

Thomas is also good. He's leaped over 3rd round Pittman and Stecker and is now the #2. Bush will be used for more reception mismatches and screens once Thomas fits in. Think Deuce kinda bulk carries for Thomas. But he wont ever be starter.

Echemandu is now #3 on the Texans depth. Green is ****ed and old now, and will be phased out. The Texan run is Kubiak's main goal. Kubiak of Denver and ZBS. If Ecehmendu takes the #1 job in the next 2 weeks, look out. Dayne is backup material for Echemandu (if he proves himself, which Im confident in because he's a good runner and Kubiak letting Gado go is a big hint there).

And just so you know I aint biased, the absolute worst trade so far was me giving Milkers Galloway-Green for Rhodes-Rice. I dont know why, I just spent too much time on Milkers interesting page observing intently.
Considering JD gave him LJ for Lynch....one would think the Milkers page is a bad place to visit. Too distracting.

haha... its on again, I love it.

as far as I am concerned Chad Johnson is by far the best receiver in the league right now. At the moment he is second only to Randy Moss who has had a freakish season.

Westbrook is so-so... some 'wow' games but most are just average... I don't really give a rats but when you try and talk Chad Johnson down and Henry as having any impact on him its like trying to sell ice to eskimos!!

:thumbsdown:
you take a top RB over a top RB any day of the week, mason was expendable after getting Berrian and with DSTs i can just play matchups, i like Johnson in fantasy but the fact is he wasnt getting into the end zone

gg points to Westbrooks one big 42 point game, Chad Johnson had that one big 32 point game with 11 catches 209 yards and 2 TDs, since then (4 games) he has had ZERO TDs, averaged only 5.75 catches a game and averaged only 84 yards, not particularly impressive if you ask me

so 2nd fantasy WR to Moss? i dont think so

Dude, Ive been hot for Selvin Young. He's good. Travis Henry is soon gone, and could be even out this week. Sure, against Steelers, but at least I'll have 7-13 points from Young if he starts.

Harrison is going to take the starting job very soon. Trust me. Lewis is like Green now and will eventually lose his place to a younger stud. Wright is good, but Harrison will take starter.

Thomas is also good. He's leaped over 3rd round Pittman and Stecker and is now the #2. Bush will be used for more reception mismatches and screens once Thomas fits in. Think Deuce kinda bulk carries for Thomas. But he wont ever be starter.

Echemandu is now #3 on the Texans depth. Green is ****ed and old now, and will be phased out. The Texan run is Kubiak's main goal. Kubiak of Denver and ZBS. If Ecehmendu takes the #1 job in the next 2 weeks, look out. Dayne is backup material for Echemandu (if he proves himself, which Im confident in because he's a good runner and Kubiak letting Gado go is a big hint there).
lol, you are simply hoping, Young is the only one with a realistic shot at a starting gig, the rest are pure hope and speculation with less then 10% chances of being fantasy relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you take a top RB over a top RB any day of the week, mason was expendable after getting Berrian and with DSTs i can just play matchups, i like Johnson in fantasy but the fact is he wasnt getting into the end zone

gg points to Westbrooks one big 42 point game, Chad Johnson had that one big 32 point game with 11 catches 209 yards and 2 TDs, since then has had ZERO TDs, averaged only 5.75 catches a game and averaged only 84 yards, not particularly impressive if you ask me

so 2nd fantasy WR to Moss? i dont think so

didnt actually mean fantasy in saying it but I think when your a top tier receiver it translates to fantasy anyway. He will have more games like that 11 catch one... he can be and is dominant... and few receivers can back that up

good luck with it guys... g.g. your team is a shambles at the moment ;)

Didn't you like that trade gg?

Let me rephrase what I meant...

I offered Mizza Berrian-Foster-Galloway-Hilliard-RoydellWilliams for Johnson + Colston/Rice and he turned it down.

That was after I originally offered him the first three just for Johnson.

I knew Hilliard was a gun this year, and Roydell Williams. I know how to pick them but dont know how to keep them. Maybe I like scouting for new talent more than I do USING THEM.

But, seeing that Mizza's reasoning for "no" was that LJ was an absolute keeper value, this year next year it doesnt matter, eventully he'll be back, only two years in the league, with 20 TDs and 1500+ yards. I think you could've got a helluva lot more value for LJ than just Lynch.

That's what I meant.

And considering how unbeatable you are at 6-1, imagine how much stronger youd be if you had Lynch + extra 1-2.

And Danielz+Dspeed...

You guys are lucky your division is so tight.
When your divisional leader is forging 3 games ahead of you, and 2nd place 2 games ahead of you, and you are 3-4 and STILL better off than Danielz and Dspeed at 2-5 then that tells you something.

ALso desperate times call for desperate measures. Or you can sit back and keep playing Pennington all year tho youre 1-6 and 5 games behind 1st place like Mangini.

We can revist this conversation later in the year gg.

My only reservation in the trade was the short term - i.e. the past few weeks.

TBH, I was more than happy to trade for Lynch as I probably would have made Mizza an offer for him at some point. He's a stud running back in a run first offense and will be for some time. No doubt LJ is too, but I reckon his time in KC might be up come seasons end and he won't put up any more points this year than Lynch (he's already ahead with one less game).

LJ beware the Priest. He's back!

Btw, with all the mocking of the trade I did with Dspeed.

If you look at the trade purely on face value, raw stats, I gave you Westbrook and the Jets. Westbrook average about 15 a game. Jets about 1. Average of around 8 a game.

You gave me Johnson, Mason and Giants who collectively are 36 points a game, averaging to about 12.

The thing is D/ST is considered meh to a top RB. Ok. But if your DST is giving you 0-1 points every week, then having one that can get you ave 9 but sometimes 15, that helps a lot in terms of putting up a higher team score.

Once Bowe and Mason come off the bye. WR of Chad, Bowe, Mason would be getting me collectively about 33 points a game + Giants 9 = 42.

Or, if I dont make the trade, I sit on Westbrook giving me 15 points, Jets 1, and Bowe 9 and my shit WRs another 4 points. = 29.

In that sense, I'm better off. If and when young and harrison start, and they're getting me 20 points collectively (on the very slim side). I'm already around 62. Then my QB his usual 18. Now 80. TE. Now 83.

So I'm looking at an okay number there.

The alternative was sitting on 30-50 points and losing. Never knowing if that #3 WR would get me 2 points or 10. Only getting me 2 it turned out.

At the same time, I'm very truthful. If I was Dspeed, I would've jumped at Westbrook too. With a potential 20 pt Jackson, 15 Holt. 15 Westbrook. Berrian 5. Flex 10. TE 3. D/ST 1. QB 15. Total 83. But the potential is high if Jackson has a big 30, Westbrook a big 30. Holt a 25. Berrian a huge 10. TE 10. QB 15.

That potential is there. Jackson-Westbrook-Holt...that's pretty good. Whereas you cant rely on Young-Harrison-Chad to show the same potential.

But like with all things, wait and see how my RBs flesh out. How Westbrook performs against the tougher schedule ahead of him. If he misses a game or two here and there like he sometimes does. If the mess St Louis are in can help Jackson-Bulger-Holt become high-octane again or sputter in frustration.

We can revist this conversation later in the year gg.

My only reservation in the trade was the short term - i.e. the past few weeks.

TBH, I was more than happy to trade for Lynch as I probably would have made Mizza an offer for him at some point. He's a stud running back in a run first offense and will be for some time. No doubt LJ is too, but I reckon his time in KC might be up come seasons end and he won't put up any more points this year than Lynch (he's already ahead with one less game).

LJ beware the Priest. He's back!

One thing worth noting is that there's a stat out there that shows a 90% trend where a RB who had a huge year before in carries, and/or yards, has then had a mediocre year the following year.

And this has become evident with Jackson-Gore-LJ....and LT representing the 10% that didnt.

So LJ might continue to frustrate Mizza hoping on that 20-40 pt game from him. Which wont happen due to KC's OL problems.

But next year they'd surely fix it, and 2008 LJ would be back for sure imo. Only his 3rd year. Big upside still. Not paying you out for the trade. But couldve got more. In the end what's it matter? Embarrassment of riches for you at 6-1 and Mizza is playing catch-up at 3-3-1.

Keepers: Change the limit or not?

What I'm thinking of is, say, 5 keepers max.

Is 3 too few? You spend all year scouting, working hard pulling off trades and cuts, to get a team and imo you should be allowed to have more keepers.

The thing is, if someone has a bad team they can keep anything from zero to the maximum. And I think most people would be careful not to keep too many because they could be high drafted players and they will want to hold onto their first round picks etc due to whatever occurs next year's NFL draft, off-season, and pre-season.

There could be a rule thrown in just to make it a little harder for people to want to horde a team. For instance, if you select more than 3 keepers, say, then you cannot trade ALL your keepers until maybe the 8th round of the next draft. Or something like that. Whereas if you keep 0-3, then you can always trade/cut them before next years draft.

Eg: Let's say I keep 5 players. One of them is a first rounder, another is a second rounder from previous draft. Anyway, they're looking good to have a big year in 08. So I keep them. But as the NFL draft occurs, and one of them gets in trouble with the law etc, gets suspended in the off-season, I might think oh shit, now I've blown my 1st rounder and/or my second rounder. I can't trade them or cut them and get back my 1st and 2nd round picks.

Ie, make it a bit of a risk factor. I just like there to be more managment tactics. Having more keepers because you managed all year to get a bunch of players you like, and then throw some risk/tactics in there where if you DO keep above 3, then you're stuck with them till the 8th round of next years draft.

The tactic ie, is that ideally youd like to keep players who are late draft picks but turned out to be great players or with high potential (next years 1st rounders, ie). So part of the tactic of having keepers anyway is to keep those that cost you nothing but turn out to be next years first rounders.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Or have their own suggestions?

I say three is a nice number g.g

It means that you have to make some tough choices and there is enough turnover during the off-seasons to keep the league interesting and kicking year after year.

Well, it wont matter even if everyone thinks 5 is good, because Dspeed hates the idea of changing anything. But my bottom line ideas are always about just adding more to the management, making it more interesting, more tactics, etc.

If everyone says stay with 3, then that's fine. But I really love more management aspects. Risks and rewards.

Well, it wont matter even if everyone thinks 5 is good, because Dspeed hates the idea of changing anything. But my bottom line ideas are always about just adding more to the management, making it more interesting, more tactics, etc.

If everyone says stay with 3, then that's fine. But I really love more management aspects. Risks and rewards.
settle mate, fact is it was set at 3 at the start of the season, you cannot change it now as people may have traded or something with the idea that 'this guy would be 4th or 5th in line of my keepers, i won't be able to keep him so i can afford to get rid of him', can't change something as important as that mid way through the season, and also like danielz said, 3 makes it tough, 5 is a bit too easy IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back