Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: BigFooty Fantasy Football League

BIGFOOTY CONF WEST

SammyD's Dawgs and Cassius' Flashers both lose this week the division comes to life! With the leading teams at 4-3 I now have some hope... all be it perhaps false hope due to my collection of talent... at 3-4 still in the running. dspeed also won however and is sitting at 2-5 so I cant afford to stumble or I could end up at the other end of the table!!

Mizza's Milkers this week. Get to look at yet another 'hot' avatar. His team holds several of my past practice squad players... earnest graham (who I should have kept, this is where my wheeling and dealing hurt me)... Warrick Dunn, Jenkins, and Holmes. None will probably have a factor.

Having just overcome Mizza this week despite Brady's 6 TD effort and an LJ sighting I must admit monitoring the games at work is getting a but hard with some of these team logos.

Ill have to join this thing next year.

In my own league with a bunch of yank mates, im 5-2.

My starting line up this week:
qb: Carson Palmer
Wr: Chad Johnson
Wr: Chris Chambers
Wr: Kevin Curtis
Rb: Brian Westbrook
Rb: Brandon Jacobs
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: Kris Brown
Def: Pittsburg

Still a pretty strong line up, considering ive got all these guys on the bye: Shaun Alexander, Marion Barber, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Mason

Ill have to join this thing next year.

In my own league with a bunch of yank mates, im 5-2.

My starting line up this week:
qb: Carson Palmer
Wr: Chad Johnson
Wr: Chris Chambers
Wr: Kevin Curtis
Rb: Brian Westbrook
Rb: Brandon Jacobs
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: Kris Brown
Def: Pittsburg

Still a pretty strong line up, considering ive got all these guys on the bye: Shaun Alexander, Marion Barber, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Mason

Pfft. My team would teabag that squad dusk till dawn.

Who are you starting this week?

Edit: And what are the scoring specs of your league?

Dude, I just waived about 8 of the ****ers for being such losers. They scored 30 ****ing points last week. I'm so ****ing angry right now.

And I cant remember the exact scoring details, but they should be listed on the opening page of this thread.

But it'd be probably the same as your league...tho return yards and TDs are not individually counted.

Dude, I just waived about 8 of the ****ers for being such losers. They scored 30 ****ing points last week. I'm so ****ing angry right now.

And I cant remember the exact scoring details, but they should be listed on the opening page of this thread.

But it'd be probably the same as your league...tho return yards and TDs are not individually counted.

Ahh, found em.

Your league gives Points per completion, mine doesnt.

Ahh, found em.

Which fantasy site are you with? ESPN? Yahoo? Some other one? And what do you think of other fantasy sites apart from espn and yahoo if you've ever tried them?

Ahh, found em.

a) no it doesnt give points per completion, and

b) you must be in a 8 or max 10 team league to have a squad like that, westy, alexander, johnson, palmer, jacobs and barber were all gone by the end of round 2 in our league, so who cares if your team looks good on paper, as it is a little league

b) you must be in a 8 or max 10 team league to have a squad like that, westy, alexander, johnson, palmer, jacobs and barber were all gone by the end of round 2 in our league, so who cares if your team looks good on paper, as it is a little league

If you had that squad in a 16 team league then you would be playing with imbeciles!!

Yeah, i misread something.

Yup, its a smaller league which lets me stack the roster a bit, its not an advantage though, because everyone else in my league is in a similiar position. I wasnt trying to brag about my team in comparision to anyones, just put up what i was starting this week to see what people think... ive found at the moment im slightly addicted to Fantasy football, and cant get enough talking about it.

As for where people went in the draft, well i drafted Westy, Alexander, Johnson and Palmer early. Some of the others i got through some good management though...

Some of the people in my league havent cracked onto the 'stack your team with backs and dont carry a back up k, te or defense' idea yet. Picked up Jacobs off the wire when he got injured for example. Bowe was another good pick up for me, didnt even get drafted.

FLA trades Deion Branch, Sea WR to Dealers
FLA trades Michael Turner, SD RB to Dealers
FLA trades Drew Brees, NO QB to Dealers
DLZ trades Derrick Ward, NYG RB to Flashers
DLZ trades Marvin Harrison, Ind WR to Flashers
DLZ trades James Jones, GB WR to Flashers

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Win for FLA getting Harrison, unsure about Ward (Jacobs back) and Jones? Win for DLZ if Branch and Brees get producing and LT goes down!

Roll of the dice from me. Still trying to make up for my failed Moss for Cotchery trade, haha.

This trade is made with an eye to the future. The way I see it Harrison is winding down for mine, doesn't seem to able to get deep anymore... Ward was a great score for me but it would seem he is slowly fading into the background... however an injury or few fumbles from Jacobs could change things. I don't have the luxury to wait. Classic case of trading while the value is still high, or there. Clay get the value however because he has legitimate chances at making a run for the championship and Harrison will go a long way to helping him there.

I bring Turner in with the hope he gets a starting gig next year... and if in fact this league survives with keepers people are going to be scratching for RBs. Brees is just a gamble with high upside... and Branch was just a downgrade from Harrison to cover some of what I gave up.

Can't say I don't do down swinging! haha :thumbsu:

Roll of the dice from me. Still trying to make up for my failed Moss for Cotchery trade, haha.

This trade is made with an eye to the future. The way I see it Harrison is winding down for mine, doesn't seem to able to get deep anymore... Ward was a great score for me but it would seem he is slowly fading into the background... however an injury or few fumbles from Jacobs could change things. I don't have the luxury to wait. Classic case of trading while the value is still high, or there. Clay get the value however because he has legitimate chances at making a run for the championship and Harrison will go a long way to helping him there.

I bring Turner in with the hope he gets a starting gig next year... and if in fact this league survives with keepers people are going to be scratching for RBs. Brees is just a gamble with high upside... and Branch was just a downgrade from Harrison to cover some of what I gave up.

Can't say I don't do down swinging! haha :thumbsu:

Has this helped or hindered your trade chances with gg for Westbrook??

Has this helped or hindered your trade chances with gg for Westbrook??

Screwed them right up - market is too competitive from what he tells be. I was one of three potential bidders and I don't exactly hold the best cards. He would rape all my talent just to give Westbrook.

He will prob drop him next week anyway, just need to work my way up the waiver wire, haha

Briscoe's Bears looking down the barrel now with Ronnie Brown on IR. hopefully Chatman can step it up

I noticed that, thought nice he has got Brown out now... looked down... and you had Chatman... hopefully he goes down and Cobbs steps up ;)

Screwed them right up - market is too competitive from what he tells be. I was one of three potential bidders and I don't exactly hold the best cards. He would rape all my talent just to give Westbrook.

He will prob drop him next week anyway, just need to work my way up the waiver wire, haha

Haha...you never know!

Good handcuff to have Chatman, Briscoe. Did you get him before Brown went down or were you lucky on waivers?

Haha...you never know!

Good handcuff to have Chatman, Briscoe. Did you get him before Brown went down or were you lucky on waivers?

Lucky on waivers.. Chatman was a Mustang for much of Sept but is more a reciever RB. I have Kenton Keith now. My guys are 2-5. That Equine Flu really messed up the Mustangs in the first month. ;)

The Destroyers are pleased to welcome Brian Westbrook, hopefully he can rocket the team into an unlikely playoff birth!

He could... if he was paired up with Chad Johnson. 1 step forward, 1 step back.

He could... if he was paired up with Chad Johnson. 1 step forward, 1 step back.
pfft, i am so much better off now, a few factors to consider, Chris Henry comes back after two more games, that will reduce CJ's points and so far Housh has been the red zone man, Henry coming back will reduce CJ's red zone looks to almost zero, i have Henry aswell which is nice, also i managed to grab Berrian off waivers, currently ranked 29th WR, so a handy acquisition, surprised no one else went for him as i was very low on the waiver order, Westbrook finally gives me another RB, the difference between Westy and Jackson/Williams is heaps bigger then the difference between Chad Johnson and Berrian

i should be able to cause a few concerns late in the season, consider that i have had Young, Jackson, Holt and Heap all battling injuries, if all 4 stay fit i should put up some solid numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back