BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manning not afraid to say it how it is, be it players or pretend assistant coaches Fev missing in action, just speculation on my part but join the dots.

Manning not afraid to say it how it is, be it players or pretend assistant coaches Fev missing in action, just speculation on my part but join the dots.

Been keeping a close eye on it since I was out there a few weeks ago. As I reported not sure if local supporters or not but they were very unhappy. Fev is joint coach they say so surely Fev has been sacked to. If he has not fronted for the year and Manning and him were joint they are both gone one would presume.

“Co-coach” Fevola has been to 3 training sessions this year. And Lynch flys down from Queensland every weekend. Enough said..

May aswell grab a broom, sweep the list clean and start again, properly this time, with proper recruits. Not just finding the biggest names available and waving a dollar bag in front of them.

“Co-coach” Fevola has been to 3 training sessions this year. And Lynch flys down from Queensland every weekend. Enough said..

May aswell grab a broom, sweep the list clean and start again, properly this time, with proper recruits. Not just finding the biggest names available and waving a dollar bag in front of them.
If only they listened to the previous coach. Peddo had a vision, a plan, and created a culture. Should have given him the money to recruit, at the very least he would have developed the young kids,and brought players that wanted to be there for the right reasons. He probably wasn’t perfect, but look at what they replaced him with.

From the outside looking in Souths list was completely out of balance. A lot of midfielders but no key position players, no height and particularly no (quality) key backs. Fevola has played one game and is their only key forward target.
The committee had to blame someone and unfortunately the coach gets the chop - an easy out.
The players they have recruited I hear are on serious coin but the money needs to be spent on the right players with the right balance.
Disappointing to hear particularly when they have been competitive in all of the games this year.

So Fev is now the assistant coach and their new head coach is an ex-Darley coach, ex-cricket coach that is.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5464366/melton-south-names-new-coach-and-its-not-fev/?cs=12

From the outside looking in Souths list was completely out of balance. A lot of midfielders but no key position players, no height and particularly no (quality) key backs. Fevola has played one game and is their only key forward target.
The committee had to blame someone and unfortunately the coach gets the chop - an easy out.
The players they have recruited I hear are on serious coin but the money needs to be spent on the right players with the right balance.
Disappointing to hear particularly when they have been competitive in all of the games this year.

Very good post. Recruited to many mid sized players and no key forwards. However being 0 wins a change was needed. Not sure about there current game plan either so a change of coach was definitely necessary imo. Fev does a lot off field I hear and without him they wouldn’t be as competitive. Still hope for improvement under the new coach..

Very good post. Recruited to many mid sized players and no key forwards. However being 0 wins a change was needed. Not sure about there current game plan either so a change of coach was definitely necessary imo. Fev does a lot off field I hear and without him they wouldn’t be as competitive. Still hope for improvement under the new coach..

Take it they got Fevola and a heap of others last year and that created a really strong interest in what they are doing especially after finishing bottom, last year he seem to play a lot so would not doubt value, but this year it has been reported he has been there once or twice and played 1 game as the co coach. Even if that is exaggerated, interesting comment??? I thought if you sack a coach you sack a coach. Co-coaches = 1 coach. Were they not happy with manning but happy with fev? Did Manning and Fev not get along?

Take it they got Fevola and a heap of others last year and that created a really strong interest in what they are doing especially after finishing bottom, last year he seem to play a lot so would not doubt value, but this year it has been reported he has been there once or twice and played 1 game as the co coach. Even if that is exaggerated, interesting comment??? I thought if you sack a coach you sack a coach. Co-coaches = 1 coach. Were they not happy with manning but happy with fev? Did Manning and Fev not get along?
100%.
Complete debacle as so many predicted. They are so unprofessional I can’t even be bothered ripping into them anymore. Hired a cricket coach??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Committee might be dumber than everyone thinks if they bring more in

You would hope they couldn’t be that stupid. Let’s go and bring in a couple of more who want to leave their current club. Players who change clubs this time are year ooze quality traits and are likely to be great club people.

Last edited:
So Fev is now the assistant coach and their new head coach is an ex-Darley coach, ex-cricket coach that is.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5464366/melton-south-names-new-coach-and-its-not-fev/?cs=12
Football Experience:

• 6 years senior runner at Port Melbourne (VFL)
  • President of Eynesbury Junior Football Netball Club since inception
  • Coach of Eynesbury Junior football sides last 4 years
  • Committee Member at Melton South 4 years
  • Played 100 games in Bendigo Football League for Maryborough & Gisborne
  • 2 time premiership player at Maryborough
  • Interleague representative for Bendigo Football League
  • Played for Lexton Football Netball Club

Someone posted on the WRFL thread that Matty Sutton is back at Melton Sth as an assistant coach.. Great news for Sth if it’s true.. I wonder if he might come out of retirement for a few games if Fev is struggling with injury? At least Sth not just sitting on there hands and doing something to improve a bad situation ladder wise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back