Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More in relation to the story.

Seriously, the media need to stop flogging the poor guy. One day the worst will happen yet the news editors and producers will never accept any blame for their role in his continued decline.

Whatever sells papers.

Meanwhile, in Melbourne ... a celebrated premiership captain, premiership coach and all round “good bloke” found with a vast assortment of illicit drugs is given a week’s tut-tutting followed by sympathetic puff pieces and we-all-make-mistakes articles.

Where’s the investigation into Thompson’s career as a coach given that he was embroiled in the Essendon supplements saga, plus having only years previous coached a team who won multiple premierships?

I don’t understand this either. A guy caught with drugs and an obvious low morale standard casts a few clouds on everything he’s done. Given the history of the Victorian police I wouldn’t be surprised if a bit of hush hush going on

Garry Lyon just said On The Couch that he’s a big fan of West Coast...nearly choked on my dinner

It's worth re-watching the lead up commentary before he says he's a supposed fan. Gary said our defence was almost a VFL standard defence, BUT doesn't play like one. It's a massive back-handed compliment if I've ever heard one.

Honestly, let them underestimate us and not give us due recognition. It's been like that mostly all year. I sense something special from our boys this year - here's hoping we can win it all!

It's worth re-watching the lead up commentary before he says he's a supposed fan. Gary said our defence was almost a VFL standard defence, BUT doesn't play like one. It's a massive back-handed compliment if I've ever heard one.

Honestly, let them underestimate us and not give us due recognition. It's been like that mostly all year. I sense something special from our boys this year - here's hoping we can win it all!

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Pies defence with all their injuries

I thought that's what he said but didn't quite believe it. Was about to go to the effort of finding a replay even but then I couldn't be bothered. He definitely said that our game would be the upset and that the Pies will win though.

Talking Footy did a segment previewing all four finals.

Ours had two talking points:
- how Collingwood should go about negating McGovern
- who Collingwood should play in defence.

I suppose we got a mention at least, albeit only because it'd be impossible to talk about Collingwood's strategy otherwise.

I suppose we got a mention at least, albeit only because it'd be impossible to talk about Collingwood's strategy otherwise.
Surprised they didnt just preview Collingwoods potential prelim matchups given they are a lock to roll us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that's what he said but didn't quite believe it. Was about to go to the effort of finding a replay even but then I couldn't be bothered. He definitely said that our game would be the upset and that the Pies will win though.

Yeah. I thought I had misheard it, but re-listened to it and just shook my head. They just can't give praise (if at all) without tempering it in some way. Oh well... Just have to let them be.

Essentially, Gerard throws some measured props our way, then passes over to Gary who says "...going on the back of a defence that on paper looks almost VFL but doesn't play VFL..." - then Gary gives us some praise for our defensive teaming and that he's a fan.

Honestly for the life of me I can’t get why they clearly hate/fear us above all the other interstate sides? Probably the next closest in terms of getting Vic angst is the Crows but bizarrely they seem to fawn over Sydney and Port. Freo aren’t seen as a serious threat so they’re just loosely tolerated. Really galling stuff which I imagine will only be ramped up tenfold should we win this weekend and progress to a home prelim

Surprised they didnt just preview Collingwoods potential prelim matchups given they are a lock to roll us.

They did start off by saying "Collingwood will be up against it trying to beat West Coast in Perth", then spent the next few minutes explaining how they could try.

And Lyon to Gil on the red card issue.

"Hypothically, lets say Geelong are playing West Coast in a GF and someone hits Dangerfield and
he has to come off and Geelong are down to 21 men".

If it's hypothetical muppet boy, why use clubs?

Dangerfield goes down like a shot dog all the time.

Miraculously is up and about kicking bags of goals 15min later. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, the stripper from my mates bucks night reckons we'll keep Gaff & Lycett on pretty team friendly contracts as well as landing Kelly for the GC second rounder.
They always tell you what you want to hear though.

A stripper once told me "you look like a gorgeous young man who doesn't have to moderate internet forums to cope with his impotent existence", and I couldn't trust a word she said after that. I got out of there immediately, the second my bank overdraft fees started hitting.

Last edited:
They always tell you what you want to hear though.

A stripper once told me "you look like a gorgeous young man who doesn't have to moderate internet forums to cope with his impotent existence", and I couldn't trust a word she said after that. I got out of there immediately, the second my bank overdraft fees started hitting.
Must have been a Vic stripper, everyone knows you can't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back