Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee there have been a number of Hawthorn players over the years who have cheated on wives.

The image and responsibilities of a player and CEO are vastly different from each other.

The family club relates to how we look after people, not that we are puritanical.

The image of the club is also ruthlessly protected, and I can't in a million years see us signing a guy who a week ago was on the front page of the paper for cheating on his spouse with underage girls. Happy to be proven wrong, because I'd take Stringer in a heartbeat.

Jarman Impey will become the 7th player to play for both Hawthorn and Port Adelaide.

Can you name the other 6?
when you look at that though...geez we have won a few of those deals!

Nathan Lonie for pick 14 (Grant Birchall)
Brent Renouf for 33 (Brad Hill)
Stephen Gilham was taken at pick 34 in the rookie draft in 2006
Stewie Dew pick 45 in 2007 draft
Shaun Burgoyne we got for a final legs Mark Williams and pick 9 (Andrew Moore, who isnt in system anymore)
Brent Guerra we took as a pick 3 in 2005 Pre-Season draft

8 Hawthorn Premiership medals between them if I'm not mistaken?

The image of the club is also ruthlessly protected, and I can't in a million years see us signing a guy who a week ago was on the front page of the paper for cheating on his spouse with underage girls. Happy to be proven wrong, because I'd take Stringer in a heartbeat.

Look you may very well be right. Also - underage is a bit strong - 17 granted is a bit dodgy for a 23 year old, however that's not breaking any laws in Victoria.

I am just spitballing here because I would just love to make Essenscum and Geelong fans mad all in the one move - and I think we could make Stringer a star. The off-field stuff isn't great - but he wouldn't be the first bloke to play for us that is a bit of a clown off the park.

Shaun Burgoyne we got for a final legs Mark Williams and pick 9 (Andrew Moore, who isnt in system anymore)

New rule. Only ever deal with Port and North come trade time.

Yep, and if you want to stretch it even further - we traded Gilham to GWS for Anderson who we later traded for the pick we used to get Burton!

The image of the club is also ruthlessly protected, and I can't in a million years see us signing a guy who a week ago was on the front page of the paper for cheating on his spouse with underage girls.
Good to see he has an up side.

It gets better, Andrew Moore been playing at Box Hill too

It gets better, Andrew Moore been playing at Box Hill too
Gilham 98 hawks games/1 port game
Guerra 159 hawks games/65 port games
Burgoyne 184 hawks games/157 port games
Lonie 64 hawks games/40 port games
Renouf 52 hawks games/16 port games

Dew the only one that played more there than Hawks with 26 hawks games and 180 port games

Still thats 583 Hawks games and only 459 Port games

and for those playing at home...my work is dead today so plenty of time to look into this haha

Im liking the look of what we are developing, we have gone from a team of slow plodders in the space of 2 years to a flexible, versatile and quick across the park team. Have a really good mix atm. If we get schache or stringer we are very well placed to have another crack within 2 years imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think cheating on wife with 17 yo is hurting his prospects, its the sex drugs rocknroll lifestyle combined with being late for training continuously

He is a grub by all accounts, swings around some interesting scenes regularly

Yep, and if you want to stretch it even further - we traded Gilham to GWS for Anderson who we later traded for the pick we used to get Burton!
OMG! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! IT WAS PICK 15 AND A SWAP OF PICKS!! YOU'RE BEING DISINGENUOUS! NORTH DID NOT GIVE PICK 15 ON IT'S OWN!!

just channelling a main board muppet.....who refused to concede that Hawthorn essentially traded Jed for Burton.

OMG! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! IT WAS PICK 15 AND A SWAP OF PICKS!! YOU'RE BEING DISINGENUOUS! NORTH DID NOT GIVE PICK 15 ON IT'S OWN!!

just channelling a main board muppet.....who refused to concede that Hawthorn essentially traded Jed for Burton.

Norf fan? I'd be that stupid, angry and irrational if I was a Norf fan as well.

Norf fan? I'd be that stupid, angry and irrational if I was a Norf fan as well.
Pie fan. A really bent out of shape one who went really quiet about halfway through the year. ;)

Pie fan. A really bent out of shape one who went really quiet about halfway through the year. ;)

Haha - well yes for 4-5 years they have apparently been the off-season champions - and in each of those years have performed worse and worse. The bitterness makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back