BigFooty Yid Army Thread Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends what Sunderland want. I wouldn't be paying 25m + Crouch or Pav like Embers suggests.

Honestly, I think we should just forget about signing a proven gun striker this window because every single big team is going to be after them. I'd like to see us invest in younger talent to benefit us over the long term. A player like Wickham, Castaignos or van Wolfswinkel would be very good IMO.

I think we are best off targetting someone who already shown a lot and had some experience but is close to becoming a genuine star...Barrios, Gyan etc... for around the 15-30 million mark and then try and score a promising youngster for around 10-15 million. I think it is too much to ask to get a wokderkid and expect him to lead the line at a club like Spurs.

I think we are best off targetting someone who already shown a lot and had some experience but is close to becoming a genuine star...Barrios, Gyan etc... for around the 15-30 million mark and then try and score a promising youngster for around 10-15 million. I think it is too much to ask to get a wokderkid and expect him to lead the line at a club like Spurs.

In our frontline, it couldn't be hard for a youngster to play consistently. Even if they don't get first team football though, I think we should go for one anyway to save ourselves from delving into the striker market in the future.

IMO, next window, we should go for a cheap old striker like Fabiano, Klose or Olic and a young one like Wickham or van Wolfswinkel. Ideally, by the time Fabiano starts to decline, our gun youngster should be ready to step up.

Speaking of youngsters though, I hear our own wonderkid Harry Kane is smashing it up for Leyton Orient. Scored 4 goals in 6 games, including 2 as a sub. He's only 17 as well!

Even without the brilliant O'Hara, I expect Wolves to win by 2 or 3 clear goals. Jarvis will tear Hutton to shreds.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Looks like things are going to get really tough from here on. Not winning against Wolves tonight would be totally unacceptable. It wouldn't be our worst loss but with fixtures like Arsenal (H), ManCity (A) and Chelsea (A), we can't afford to drop any points.

We're probably going to have to beat ManCity on their turf again. We really made it hard for ourselves with stupid results like losing to Wigan at home, West Ham away and Manure at home. We need another Danny Rose miracle.

Well, that was ****ing bad!

I've had enough of Harry, the sooner he ****s off, the better. Too concerned with his stupid tax evasion case and probably desperate for the England job. Why he was playing Bale in a totally unnatural position at a crucial stage of the game is just mindblowing. Put him on the left for **** sake!

We didn't even deserve a draw either. Hutton should have been sent off early... oh, but wait, even though he didn't get sent off, we were still a man down, because he was doing absolutely ****ing nothing all game! Jarvis pretty much did whatever he wanted whereas Hutton was just wondering about.

Despite that shit, Sandro showed some very good signs. Tracked back a lot to make up for Hutton's shitness and did a very good job in the midfield today. Defoe and Pav finally chose a day to become useful... shame it was the same day our defence was due for a meltdown.

Oh well, six goals conceded against Wolves and Blackpool.

Take some positives, we are stll in there - can't afford no more slip-ups fom now. Of our last ten matches, six are at home. Chelsea and City play each other, but we've go to play them both - away. We will have to win of those matches I feel.

Defensively been exposed lately. Drop Hutton for Kaboul if Corluka isnt fit. He is a massive weak link.

No more tinkering please Harry. Stick with the best eleven you have from here on out.

Ohohohohoho! Just remembered...

We have Liverpool away, Chelsea away and ManCity away coming up ... We're ****ed!!!

Combine all that with the fact that we have a manager who probably doesn't give a shit and that we have some enormous flaws in our current squad (When Hutton plays anyway) and we have almost no chance.

We need a few miracles...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have Stoke, Blackpool, Birmingham, West Ham and West Brom at home. Thats 5 games we should win. We also have Wigan away. Thats 6 very winnable games from our last ten games. The other 4 games are tough ones, but hopefully with a fully fit squad, we can pull off a result or two.

So much negativity in this thread. Have you only been a Spurs fan for two years GB? Advocating for the sacking of the manager who turned us from a relegation prospect to Champions League participants within the space of 18 months, and then juggling those duties with the league - where we are clear in 5th and still fighting for 4th - what more do you honestly expect?

The jump from 5th-8th to the Top 4 is not easy, hence why the likes of Man Yoo, Arse, Chelski are continually there.

It's going to be a tough run for us, but we do have many winnable games. Manchester City in my opinion are very overrated and we can beat them, just like we should have beaten them in Round one. Although I'd be disappointed if we didn't make top 4, to make Europe is still a big achievement.
Harry has done wonders for us, there's no need to get twitchy (cuse the pun) yet. We have had terrible luck with injuries at the wrong part of the year and apparently Thud, Bale, VDV are all coming back soon, which will add the depth in the squad and hopefully the results will come with it.

In 'Arry and Spurs we trust.

So much negativity in this thread. Have you only been a Spurs fan for two years GB? Advocating for the sacking of the manager who turned us from a relegation prospect to Champions League participants within the space of 18 months, and then juggling those duties with the league - where we are clear in 5th and still fighting for 4th - what more do you honestly expect?

The jump from 5th-8th to the Top 4 is not easy, hence why the likes of Man Yoo, Arse, Chelski are continually there.

Did you watch the game?

Sorry, but putting Bale on the right and Lennon on the left at 3-2 is just disgusting. The lack of respect Harry showed Wolves was just mindblowing. We needed to hold up play and to do that, we need Bale running down the left on his preferred side, yet he was put on the right, where he had to constantly cut inside. It was a stupid experiment in the first place, but trying it at a time where we desperatly needed to win is just totally unacceptable.

Then there's this

Then there's the fact that he's been making stupid selections and subs all season. Jenas and Pienaar over Kranjcar? Jermain Defoe subbed on in the 80th minute against the Manure? Alan ****ing Hutton starting in all those games?

Oh, and how could I forget... We need a striker and Levy said he's willing to provide funds for one and who does good ol' Harry go after?... Stephen Pienaar, David Beckham, Phill Neville... just baffling

He did a good job last season, but that shouldn't be saving him. With the amount of poor performances by City and Chelsea, making top 4 shouldn't be that hard for us, but we've dropped a heap of points to a lot of the lesser clubs. If we don't make it this year, then honestly, I think we need someone else in charge.

Anyone want to explain why Lennon didn't start?

Pretty sure he was being rested for the A.C. Milan game coming up.

Speaking of which, it's almost guarunteed we will line up like this:

Gomes
Hutton - Gallas - Dawson - BAE
Lennon - Modric - Palacios/Sandro - Bale
Crouch - Defoe

VDV makes the bench due to lacking match fitness and Harry will want his man Defoe to score his 100th goal.

Extremely worried about playing Hutton after how bad he was against Wolves but I'm still confident we can progress.

His last game was 2 weeks ago.

We cannot afford to rest players for a bloody cup run. We got out of the group stages that was enough. I pray we lose this week. Might make Harry get some bloody priorities

His last game was 2 weeks ago.

We cannot afford to rest players for a bloody cup run. We got out of the group stages that was enough. I pray we lose this week. Might make Harry get some bloody priorities

This is a joke, right?

Do you realize how much our club stature changes if we knock Milan out of the tournament? If we don't finish top 4, something like this could be crucial to reflect on when recruiting a quality striker. It lets them know they're coming to a quality club that are capable of both challenging top 4 and making it deep into the tournament.

That's not getting to the fact that we've made it extremely hard for ourselves in the league already, with us having to face Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, all away. We probably have a better chance of winning the tournament itself rather than making top 4 :rolleyes:

I'm afraid we won't be progressing if Hutton plays. He's been comfortably the worst performed player in the Premier League this season. Unfortunately our chances ended when the dirty gooner **** assaulted Corluka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back