BigFooty Yid Army Thread Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cops some flack over selections at times, but I reckon Harry got it spot on tonight. Not starting Kranjcar was a good move and going for the two defensive minded midfielders worked a treat. Sandro and WIlson were both great.

Also good to see Woodgate get a run, he looked composed when he came on, made an important block.
This exactly!

Niko very unlucky after his good run of form but Pienaar tracked well in the first half, it was a more definsive choice and away at the Serie A leaders it was needed.
Sandro-Palacios were a great combination for an away leg.
Crouch is or CL striker. No ifs or buts he was dangerous all game just like nearly every CL he has played in.
Corluka bringing the best out of Lennon again.
VDV with the attempted chip and some real classy touches. What a player to have.

Modric, Bale and maybe even Huddlestone still to comeback into that lineup

Woodgate looked very good when he came on. I thought we were stuffed when he came on for a Corluka, a right-back but in the end, he looked very sharp after being out for so long and Gallas did a good job at RB.

Should be very comfortable in the second leg. We controlled the game against Inter very well but in our current case, we're in a far better position against a much slower and older team. Wouldn't mind seeing the Sandro-Palacios midfield combination again even though Modric and Huddlestone should be fit.

Crouch deserves a HUGE amount of praise. A clear as day MOTM. Hes the type of striker that EPL defenders have had the chance to play against 10 or so times and with that experience they have found ways to limit his influence but in the European competition with limited exposure and limited chances to play him even a defender like Nesta has struggled to contain Crouch. Fantastic player in the Champs League to have I feel

Pavlychenko/Defoe are where the problem lies upfront. A performance like that suggests when a new striker comes in Crouch simply has to stay but if you target someone like Gyan or someone from within the EPL I doubt a team like Sunderland would do any deal unless Crouch was involved.

Crouch and Defoe are must stays.
1) they have proven to be a lethal combination, 2) Crouch is a proven CL scorer, 3) Defoe is a proven EPL scorer who people forget has had a staggered comback from injury

Pav as technically brilliant as he is has none of those 3 going for him

I'd be content if we got rid of the lot of them. These European clubs aren't going to underestimate Crouch forever and to go with that, he's starting to get on a bit as well.

We need a player who can play consistently in all competitions. A proven gun player like Edinson Cavani or Lucas Barrios would be good. All of them are long shots but hey, if we can keep this run in the CL going, more of these players will become interested.

Its not about understimating Crouch, its just a complete lack of understanding defenders have in the UCL of how to play him. They didnt figure it out when he was at Liverpool and they still havnt figured it out. The guys like what 30 now. I think its safe to say hes just a gun at Champs League level and the European defenders are too dumb to figure him out. A must stay after the performances hes put in at the European level this year I feel

It's not just about figuring him out, CL is played at a very different pace to EPL games.

Crouch does well in internationals too for the same reason.

It should be more than 1-0. Stonewall penalty not given in the first minute and Flamini should have been sent off. The dirty ****ing gooner might have ended Corluka's season.

Every player did the club proud. It's a glorious day for THFC.

Milan will have to attack at WHL and Azza and Sir Gareth will kill them on the counter.

I agree with Coledinho. We should break the bank for Gyan. He will bang in 30 goals a season at Spurs.

Another point Assou-Ekotto is becoming one of the best LB's getting around. His brain fades and shocking errors seem to be leaving his game as he matures. A crucial and highly underated member of our side. Has worked very well with Bale and seems to work effectively with Piennar as well.

It should be more than 1-0. Stonewall penalty not given in the first minute and Flamini should have been sent off. The dirty ****ing gooner might have ended Corluka's season.

Every player did the club proud. It's a glorious day for THFC.

Milan will have to attack at WHL and Azza and Sir Gareth will kill them on the counter.

I agree with Coledinho. We should break the bank for Gyan. He will bang in 30 goals a season at Spurs.

Finally someone sees the light. Will cost you 25m.

Luis Fabiano has said he plans on leaving Sevilla in the summer. In terms of striker quality, surely he should be the minimum for us to acquire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luis Fabiano has said he plans on leaving Sevilla in the summer. In terms of striker quality, surely he should be the minimum for us to acquire.

Hey man thought you guys were getting dzeko.

Turns out rdub was right.

Sorry didn't know we couldn't have some banter about previous predictions :confused:

rdub needs to remember someone is being nice by allowing him to remain on the site.

Now i dont know who this rdub chap is. But this other guy seems like an alright bloke (even tho he is gooner scum). Let him stay. We can always use this on him

154764_477811683504_351687753504_5861205_6589598_n.jpg

:D:thumbsu:

srs question, what ever happened to that danny rose kid? Was he literally a one hit wonder or is he on loan/injured?

He got a start when we pretty much didnt have anyone left at the club who was fit and could play left midfield. What a ripping goal though, I lost my shit when I saw that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back