Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It sounds like it's another HG situation we've got ourselves into

Last season we had to get Johnson because we signed Vicario and not Raya.

This seems like we have to get Solanke because we won't pay the up front fee for Eze, and we'll settle for Neto.

Would rather David and Eze than Solanke and Neto

Keep deflecting Captain America. That shield doing you wonders.
I care not about anything else you add to deflect. You made a remark about academy sales, it was rebutted and you haven't been able to respond since.

Do you want us to engage in the dark arts of June 30 FFP academy rorting or not? Simple question requiring a simple Y/N answer.
I want us selling players for better fees. Which means not letting them run their contracts down to expiry or to 12m left like we have in the Hojberg and Parrott cases.

And the question regarding rorting is an interesting one. The definition of a rort is a fraudulent act or practice. Currently there is no rule being broken with these sales is there?

I'm okay with playing to the edge of the rules in this space. But I'm less in the Kraken, Ukrainian club player rip off. For now, no rules have been broken by these academy sales. For now, no court case has ruled against us ripping off Shaktar.

And back to mute.

Completely missed that post. Hopefully the last we see of him for 5.5 months now :)
Too self absorbed.

The giveaway is the "I am LeAvInG" posts only to return like clockwork.

cats2rise I am going to ask you one question.

People see me here vigorously defend certain positions and put that down to me, and I see a different perspective. I see largely disagreeable stances that warrant critique.

So I ask you, why is it I can end up in a rational conversation with people from other clubs - namely off site I converse with a gooner, united fan, Liverpool fan, Newcastle fan and two people from other clubs And all the while we can agree strongly with each other about the conduct going on in football atm.

Yet on here there's deflection, denial, and a deluded sense that Levy is all that's holding us back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I ask you, why is it I can end up in a rational conversation with people from other clubs - namely off site I converse with a gooner, united fan, Liverpool fan, Newcastle fan and two people from other clubs And all the while we can agree strongly with each other about the conduct going on in football atm.
Hmmm well I'm not a psychologist but maybe you either come across less like an arrogant flog in person, or you only come across as an arrogant flog when someone disagrees with you?

I'd have otherwise assumed you came across as a flog regardless of the situation, so this is all news to me. So in short I dunno. Bit of a strange question tbf.

cats2rise I am going to ask you one question.

People see me here vigorously defend certain positions and put that down to me, and I see a different perspective. I see largely disagreeable stances that warrant critique.

Yet on here there's deflection, denial, and a deluded sense that Levy is all that's holding us back?
When no success has been had and a number of other valuable positions have been turned over yet one remains. Its an easy target to pin on. Trust me, as an Essendon supporter, I know this all too well

Hmmm well I'm not a psychologist but maybe you either come across less like an arrogant flog in person, or you only come across as an arrogant flog when someone disagrees with you?

I'd have otherwise assumed you came across as a flog regardless of the situation, so this is all news to me. So in short I dunno. Bit of a strange question tbf.
I don't think the small few on here are a true representation of Spurs fans more broadly, barring a couple of hawks fans who seem pretty level headed. I think the passion for the club cannot be questioned but the attitudes and beliefs certainly can.

I guess my question was trying to highlight that for the most part I don't disagree strongly with the views in this thread on matchday matters. Usually it is pretty easy to agree, if we get belted we've played shit. If we win 3-0 the game was alright.

It is off-field where I disagree with most. And strongly stick to my beliefs and views, and don't apologise for that.
And it is this area where I find this small sub-section of spurs fans to be more extreme than those I find on UK based forums, and reddit. Maybe its geography, they cop stick from fellow Londoner's who've fallen into the fandom that their family/area dictates. We cop if from fellow Aussies who are glory hunting plastics so our lack of success stings more.

But I'll rephrase my question. Why is it when I converse with fans of other clubs (all Aus based) there's nothing but agreement about major issues in football like cheating, rorting, morality etc. And yet here it is seemingly a grey area many are willing to turn a blind eye to?

Even talking to Villa, Everton and Chelsea fans they're not all that impressed that their clubs have rorted June 30 to sidestep FFP sanctions. I have taken a break from actively following football day-to-day you are right there, the sport at a club level is corrupt from the top down. And is becoming more so with each passing decade. Our failed foray into European Super League has only resulted in UCL changes that now allow 5 entrants, and conceivably up to 7. At the expense of clubs from lesser national competitions. English football has been corrupted and thankfully (sarcasm) that has meant Arsenal have missed two league titles in a row. But I will die on the hill that clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are perfect examples of how clubs should be run. With the aim to sustain and grow organically with the revenues they generate themselves and not looking to build millions of operational debt in order to succeed. Even Liverpool under FSG were made to adhere to budget and it was Klopp that made them successful despite being constrained by this.

But I will happily tell you now. Oust Levy, bring in someone else. It won't make a pinch of difference, we'll still be here in 5-10 years time arguing about our lack of trophies.
When no success has been had and a number of other valuable positions have been turned over yet one remains. Its an easy target to pin on. Trust me, as an Essendon supporter, I know this all too well
Of course he is.

I maintain that going from where we were in 2001 and the preceding 10 years of Sugar and the decay that was setting in to have us in Europe by 2008 and since then been a mainstay as a competitor in European competitions, and upgrading our stadium at the same time that we have seen plenty of improvement as a club under Levy. Maybe we've just reached our natural peak.

Fans of other clubs don't have to be embarrassed by his biased refusal to critique his own club mantra. That's probably it tbh

I maintain that going from where we were in 2001 and the preceding 10 years of Sugar and the decay that was setting in to have us in Europe by 2008 and since then been a mainstay as a competitor in European competitions, and upgrading our stadium at the same time that we have seen plenty of improvement as a club under Levy.

As an Essendon supporter, winning race week is nice, like having a new stadium but everybody knows the real reason you run and operate your club. To win trophies / finals
Maybe we've just reached our natural peak.

I actually think this, like Poch getting us to the UCL final, are we supposed to be one of those almost teams no one remembers in 30 years.

So happy with the richarlison quotes about not wanting to go to Saudi because his dreams are bigger than that.

I still think we need another fwd coming in even if we keep him. Because none of Son, Werner or Johnson should be used in that 9 role.

My preference:
Toney
Richarlison
Kulu
Lankshear

So happy with the richarlison quotes about not wanting to go to Saudi because his dreams are bigger than that.

I still think we need another fwd coming in even if we keep him. Because none of Son, Werner or Johnson should be used in that 9 role.

My preference:
Toney
Richarlison
Kulu
Lankshear
If Richarlison stats spurs won't buy Toney. There not getting a 50m backup striker when the squad needs work

We should signing a striker to replace Kane who we never properly replaced last season.

Ange has said so himself
Spurs don't have 300m to spend. If they buy Toney then you have Richarlison sitting on the bench for the majority of the season. I want an upgrade, I don't want spurs to have a 50m pound back up because the squad ain't good enough for that yet. They should be pushing Richarlison out the door if that's the case.

Spurs don't have 300m to spend. If they buy Toney then you have Richarlison sitting on the bench for the majority of the season. I want an upgrade, I don't want spurs to have a 50m pound back up because the squad ain't good enough for that yet. They should be pushing Richarlison out the door if that's the case.
There's a thing called rotation.

I've heard a lot about it at Tottenham, but I'm yet to really see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back