Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bentaleb was dreadful - he seems to have a free pass from Poch which needs to end. I have great hopes for Alli. Looks like a real Spurs player in the making for me. The defence looked ok in making good tackles and positioning, but there was dodgy passing coming out of deep positions but that was mainly Bentaleb.

Overall disappointing performance bar the first 15-20 mins. This was a poor performance by United and we missed a chance to get some points
Agree Bentaleb was our worst against Man U but he is streets ahead of Mason & Alli. Hard to remember that he is only 20 himself.

Also apart from the 15 mins from the time of the goal to HT we were in complete control of the game. Not too many sides will go to OT and look so comfortable. Dier and that CB pairing playing together regularly might see us finally be a sturdy looking side.

What's worrying is the continued lack of imagination and/or pace to get in behind defences. Without that threat Kane will be marked out of the game by both Centre Backs every game.
Exactly

No urgency came until the 75th/80th minute where we dominated late but left it too late, the bench moves were horrible also imo, no pace and Walker gives us nothing going forward anymore, would say Danny Rose is much better than Walker now on the other side going forward.

However, Levy has to take responsibility for this one. Like where is our signings? Why is it so hard to offload Adebayor and Soldado? Just pay out Adebayor FFS if he wants to stay in London, how in the hell did he get 4 years? Thought he was only on a 3 year deal. Why did we play midweek in a fluff friendly tournament? Put your hand in your pocket Levy and improve the team :mad:

N'Jie, Austin/Berahino & Bender would be a good end to the window and a squad that could do some damage. Unsure of which of the two, Austin or Berahino I'd prefer. Austin will be a cheaper option but may be too similar to Kane. Berahino if he puts his head down could be an international quality striker.

N'jie - another BIG English club has bid & 'complicated' things. Willian all over again?
Southampton apparently :rolleyes:

Lyon president might be trying to do a Levy on Levy, according to Njie's instagram he's a Spurs player though

Don't hit panic stations just yet. I've long since given up ever having a good defence though, no matter who plays back there they always have a collective brain fart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we started like shit and didn't give false hope. Mid table at best this year.
Teach. Nothing will change for a while 5-6 this season most likely and probably 1-2 wins against Arse, City, Che and Utd. Our seasons are very similar year on year.

Dunno, we haven't gone forward at all in the off season
Window isn't over yet. If we get rid of the Adebayor barnacle that'll clear some wage bill space to bring someone in.

Overall our squad isn't that bad it just isn't top4 quality atm.

Still confident we'll finish higher than Pool.

Window isn't over yet. If we get rid of the Adebayor barnacle that'll clear some wage bill space to bring someone in.

Overall our squad isn't that bad it just isn't top4 quality atm.

Still confident we'll finish higher than Pool.

Based on what? Us being good, or them being Liverpool?

It looks to me that the club has a clear plan and loaded up on kids and academy players to carry us through the financial burdens associated with building a new stadium. I don't disapprove of the strategy, but there will be a few years of pain.

I think our transfer strategy will be something like trying to fix obvious deficiencies and holes in the squad rather then try to improve on what we have where we can.

Based on what? Us being good, or them being Liverpool?

It looks to me that the club has a clear plan and loaded up on kids and academy players to carry us through the financial burdens associated with building a new stadium. I don't disapprove of the strategy, but there will be a few years of pain.

I think our transfer strategy will be something like trying to fix obvious deficiencies and holes in the squad rather then try to improve on what we have where we can.
Based on them having a tough start while trying to bed in a raft of new players. Obviously combined with them being Liverpool and ****ing up.

There won't be too much "pain" this season, injuries permitting. It's been mentioned in various articles that Poch uses the opening 1-2 months as extended pre-season with double sessions quite frequent (probably why Lennon, Ade & Capoue got booted) so it's pretty normal for us to be not too great early on. Disappointing thing is we aren't getting the points we deserve out of games where we haven't been close to 100% but should be more than 0-1-1.

Real positives so far are Dembele and Dier looking quite good in their new positions. Kane so far isn't at complete fitness but still looks sharp, Eriksen fades out but still a constant threat. The real worry is Lamela, he'd be another like Kane really feeling the effects of coming back to pre-season late and doing catch-up work between games, but I'm willing to give him to the end of this season before calling for his head

He was decent last season, definitely needs to kick on from that this season. Take the price tag away from it and his last season was much better than Chadli's first with us

Lamela is the biggest flop in Spurs history.

Absolute spud
You're clearly a junior spur!

I think time is just about for him. If we get so much as a third of our cash back I think Levy will take it. There were faint signs early last season that he was beginning to adapt, but he faded in the second half of the season for me

No chance in hell we will take 10m for Lamela!

First season was a complete write off. Second season like I said his output was of the equivalent of what Chadli managed in his first season (Lamela also 3 years younger). Let's see what he produces in effectively his 2nd full playing season before we write him off, who knows he could go from dud to key player like Chadli has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back