Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in the match thread. This is pretty normal in London derbies. Saw countless WH fans throwing broken seats to one another when they were at the Lane, blokes kicked out 3 toilets at the Emirates last season & every 3rd seat in my bay at Stamford Bridge was broken when we played there last season
They rarely sit down anyway don't they?

I remember our fans threw coins at Walcott when he did his ACL when he made that floggish 2-0 gesture

Guess every club has them though, I went to Melb City vs Adel Utd last season and there was a big Utd away contingent that traveled taking up a few bays, they punched on late in the game with a few muppets looking for trouble (might have been Victory fans as they weren't wearing City gear and I sat about 2 bays away from it observing).

Depends mate , when do we play spurs again !
I'm tipping Welbeck or Campbell will dominate next time around :cool:

Reminds me of when we play Melbourne or Norf or Carlton to be honest, their spuds normally dominate us (Daw, Waite, Henderson, Watts, Toumpas all have killed us over the last 3 seasons).

West Ham & Chelsea. Some saying on twitter tonights game too but I don't know how true that is. Have definitely heard with my own ears the 2 mentioned though
Fair enough

I watched a game once at the Squires Bar on Russell St last season when the Impy was packed (grand final night + merseyside derby was on), me and the missus (Liverpool fan) went upstairs and caught a bit of Man Utd West Ham once the bottom area cleared out after the derby had finished. There was a heap of West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal fans at the joint and the Hammers and Chelsea fans were sitting at TVs across the room from each other just trolling each other and giving each other shit, made me wonder if there was regular scuffles at the place.

At the Impy where Liverpool, Melbourne Ozspurs and Southampton fans meet up, there's no such angst at the place, better pub management imo.

C O M E O N Y O U S P U R S
O
M
E
O
N
E
Y
O
U
S
P
U
R
S

What a win. I realize Man City are mediocre without Silva, Kompany and Toure, but it still feels good to give them a long overdue thumping.

Lamela - Sensational

Our defence - consistently rock solid. Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies with Lloris in goal and Dier anchoring must be one of the hardest defensive setups to break through in the league.

N'Jie - looks a mouthwatering option from the bench!

Lamela been getting better and better - and today was the best yet.

But Dier - what a move that's turned out to be. Beast.
Has to keep fit/not get suspended

Too many are going down, apparently that's Alli's 5th yellow already this season so he's out next week. Not buying another holding mid may come back to hurt us sometime this season.

Anyways, great win #COYS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to keep fit/not get suspended

Too many are going down, apparently that's Alli's 5th yellow already this season so he's out next week. Not buying another holding mid may come back to hurt us sometime this season.

Anyways, great win #COYS

Yeah but when Dier and Alli go out - we've got Mason, Benta and Dembele to go in.

Incredible but I reckon Dier/Alli is our first choice CM partnership in Poch 4-2-3-1.

Alli will obviously tire as the season goes on but Dier... He's a beast. Played in just about every game and keeps getting stronger.

Yeah but when Dier and Alli go out - we've got Mason, Benta and Dembele to go in.

Incredible but I reckon Dier/Alli is our first choice CM partnership in Poch 4-2-3-1.

Alli will obviously tire as the season goes on but Dier... He's a beast. Played in just about every game and keeps getting stronger.
Them 3 were all out injured though this week, when are they due back? It's only Dier, Carroll and Winks/other academy kids available next week potentially. I'd say Alli will play in EL though seeing as he's suspended.

I like Alli in a more advanced role, but he's way more composed than Mason imo already, and he's only 18-19? Dier's at a good age to breakout though, he's 21-22.

Them 3 were all out injured though this week, when are they due back? It's only Dier, Carroll and Winks/other academy kids available next week potentially. I'd say Alli will play in EL though seeing as he's suspended.

I like Alli in a more advanced role, but he's way more composed than Mason imo already, and he's only 18-19? Dier's at a good age to breakout though, he's 21-22.

They should all be available by next week. Pritchard too hopefully.

Can't stress what a difference Dier's emergence as a quality CDM has been. It seemed the failure of the transfer period - but has proved blessing in disguise. He just improves game to game - and brings the back four with him. Did you see how composed we were at the back - playing it out time and time again. Loved it.

I disagree, Mason is still the man for me. He pretty much single-handedly won us the game against Sunderland, and has the top level experience and consistency Alli currently lacks. I'd like to re-watch last night's game again in HD (hard to accurately assess Alli's performance on a bad stream), but from what I've seen from him so far, he doesn't control games with the same efficiency and speed compared to Mason, at least not yet.

They should all be available by next week. Pritchard too hopefully.

Can't stress what a difference Dier's emergence as a quality CDM has been. It seemed the failure of the transfer period - but has proved blessing in disguise. He just improves game to game - and brings the back four with him. Did you see how composed we were at the back - playing it out time and time again. Loved it.
I'll be honest

Fell asleep just before HT :p then woke up just after the game ended

Did the same against Arsenal last season when we went down, ended up winning lol.

We've conceded only 1 league goal the last 4 PL games, hopefully they're gelling and will help us against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc that are coming up. A promising thing under Poch is he's beating top 6 sides at home Chelsea, Arsenal now City, hopefully that form comes with us when we play them away also, the more points we take away from our direct competition, then the better placed we'll be. Now to beat ******* Liverpool and Man Utd again, beating Utd at home and Chelsea away are two curses we really need to tick off...............

Rodgers seems to have something over us lately also as we have lost our last 5 PL games to them. 3 of those losses we ****** up ourselves in outside of those games Suarez and Henderson smashed us in when Liverpool were title challengers. The two 3-2 results away in 2012-13 and last season we should've won and the 3-0 loss at home last season was probably the best 3-0 loss we've ever had as we dominated possession and created plenty of chances, just 2 of their goals in the 3-0 game were from simple defensive errors like giving the ball away IIRC such as Townsend getting his pocket pinched by Moreno after Walker/whoever was RB had committed completely forward and Moreno scored having a free run into the box. It really annoys me losing to them considering how overrated they are/were and we ended up finishing ahead of them on the table twice out of those 3 years and have finished ahead of them for 5 of the last 6 seasons.

All well, another week goes by and we're still shit (externally), but are ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea still :)

I disagree, Mason is still the man for me. He pretty much single-handedly won us the game against Sunderland, and has the top level experience and consistency Alli currently lacks. I'd like to re-watch last night's game again in HD (hard to accurately assess Alli's performance on a bad stream), but from what I've seen from him so far, he doesn't control games with the same efficiency and speed compared to Mason, at least not yet.

I reckon mason might be even better in an advanced position. Started off as a striker apparently.

Either way - we are suddenly blessed with options. All good signs.

Alli's a kid still remember, still plenty of time for him to develop his craft.

Modric was similar in his first season or two with us but he was 22 when he came to the Lane, not 18-19 like Alli. Modric played some games in advanced positions or out on the left before he turned about 24-25 then he started controlling games as a deep lying playmaker full-time once Bale was moved to the left wing and VDV played as a number 10. Modric was our linchpin central midfield player in our CL season (Chelski wanted him remember that offseason) and the next year when we finished 4th (but Chelski won CL that season) and was able to get his dream move to Madrid because of that.

Why I think Alli is similar to Modric, they make great runs, they are excellent dribblers of the ball, they are adaptable in central mid, out wide or as a number 10 and Alli seems to be a tough cookie already and not afraid to go in to tackle (5 yellow cards already, shows he's aggressive, even though he's inexperienced, something he can clean up in his game over time to not get booked as much). I haven't seen much of Alli's passing range as yet but he seems to have a lot of tools in the shed. Alli was an excellent scorer in League 1 last year and we have seen him get forward already at PL level. What I've seen of him he looks very good, he might be a Aaron Ramsey/Frank Lampard type of central mid getting forward and getting onto the scoresheet, but I think he has enough attributes to develop into a deep-lying playmaker that we've desperately missed since Modric left.

Mason is a late bloomer but imo he's only mid-table standard box to box, he's valuable in the fact he's at the right age and he's a home-grown, but he should be no more than a squad/rotation player, not first choice. First choice for now has to be out of Bentaleb (excellent passing range but needs to add an attacking element to his game and create more chances) or Alli, let them develop with extended gametime due to the inexperience we have in those positions.

We have always played our best football of recent times with a settled double pivot

Huddlestone-Jenas under various managers tried hard
Modric-Parker under Redknapp
Dembele-Sandro under AVB

We haven't really had a settled/cutting edge double pivot combination since

Last edited:
Nothing like the motivation of wanting to prove people wrong. Maybe the press should bag us more often :D
I really like that these young players want to prove themselves as being a non-typical Spurs side. And I think that comes from Poch and the coaching staff, he was a pretty no-nonsense tough defender and he'd hate having his sides labelled soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back