Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like that these young players want to prove themselves as being a non-typical Spurs side. And I think that comes from Poch and the coaching staff, he was a pretty no-nonsense tough defender and he'd hate having his sides labelled soft
I think it's also in part due to the natural character of many of the players that we have in this team. Many of them are tough and tenacious with a willingness to work hard. The likes of Dier, Mason, Walker, Rose, Bentaleb, Kane and even Lamela are all the type to put a foot in when its their turn and they don't mind getting in the face of the opposition. Add that to the world class ability and the fierce determination of the skipper and it makes for a proud, tough football team.

I really like that these young players want to prove themselves as being a non-typical Spurs side. And I think that comes from Poch and the coaching staff, he was a pretty no-nonsense tough defender and he'd hate having his sides labelled soft
I really am liking Dier in midfield and Toby in the centre of defence, already you can see its has stiffened us up defensively. Against city we saw us finally click offensively and it's no coincidence that Eriksen is now back. I'm liking Son as a buy. Lamela has improved too. I was reading Redcafe on the weekend and they were bagging him relentlessly as being shit despite being arguably MOTM so I'm happy with his improvement.

Alli is looking like a shrewd piece of business but the thing that pleases me most at the moment is that we're showing no signs of regression and have arguably improved in a couple of areas and all that with a young team. It's exciting to watch and credit to Poch for giving these young guys a crack.

The key with these young guys is we have competition for places and a lot of that competition is guys who have had to do it the hard way to get where they are (Townsend, Mason, Pritchard etc.) so I'd imagine Poch has about 20+ guys giving him selection headaches with their good work on the training track.

I know from 2nd hand info this wasn't the case at all when he first inherited the squad. Joking and undermining the staff crippled our first few months. There were some banishments from matchday squads & the club for those without the level of respect. And very little faith shown in those not willing to fight for a place.

Poch's & the clubs work with Lamela this summer could be our best piece of business. Not calling him a star or anything but making him so available for sale/loan would have been the 1st time in his career he's really looked like a failure and not had things so easy. Poch has called him out to say no more excuses this is a big year, and the only way to stay in the team & play well is to work hard. Looks like he might be at least up for the fight

Going by the media commentary, you wouldn't know that City's goal was also offside or that we have been bent over and ****ed in the backside by the referees against the big clubs time and time again over the years.

Going by the media commentary, you wouldn't know that City's goal was also offside or that we have been bent over and ****ed in the backside by the referees against the big clubs time and time again over the years.
I know right? There's was as much offside Kane's when using a replay to look at it.

This cost us playing in the UEFA Cup at the time!

One of the best games I've seen in a while. Both sides could have won that 3-2 or more. Kane unlucky with the miscue for the OG and even though they looked dangerous our back 4 handled them pretty well. Alli & Dier did very well, as did Eriksen and N'Jie once he came on.

Townsend wow he is still woeful!

One of the best games I've seen in a while. Both sides could have won that 3-2 or more. Kane unlucky with the miscue for the OG and even though they looked dangerous our back 4 handled them pretty well. Alli & Dier did very well, as did Eriksen and N'Jie once he came on.

Townsend wow he is still woeful!
If Walker wasn't shit wed have won that game.

Swanseas only outlet was Montero, he gave Walker a bath and all of their meaningful forward thrusts came through him, including setting Ayew up.

Anyways

CMON YOU SPURS!!!!! BURY THEM FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL, sick of losing to them as they've beaten us the last 5 times, time to put the foot down and get a crucial 3 points.

COYS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep we need to start getting 3pts not 1. Chelsea in free fall and Liverlol being themselves presents an opportunity for us this season, one that we need to take.

Disappointed Tactics Tim didn't last to us next matchday, would have got some schadenfreude from hearing our fans chant "you're getting sacked in the morning" :D

Boruc

WXQwn.gif

3rd manager sacked this season and the 2nd time we've been the side that's had to deal with it on the bounce. Better not cost us another 2-3 points like the Liverpool game. On the Bournemouth game that's the worst best win we've had in a long time. Feel sorry for Bournemouth Ritchie aside they're terrible. Great for Kane to go to 4 goals in 10 games in 1 big hit like that

Decent three points, with the 10 minutes of terror towards the end.

Regulation game at WHL against bottom 5 opposition, really.

Funnily enough my first full spurs game this season without my stream dropping out once. Hazzah!

Right, so having recorded the game. Worth watching in full or just on fast speed?

In any case good to get 3pts only 1 off top 4 and 6 off the lead. Need to get a result at the shithole on Sunday. This season is as good a chance as any for top 4 with Chelsea almost ****ed for top 4 and Liverpool being Liverpool.

Right, so having recorded the game. Worth watching in full or just on fast speed?

In any case good to get 3pts only 1 off top 4 and 6 off the lead. Need to get a result at the shithole on Sunday. This season is as good a chance as any for top 4 with Chelsea almost stuffed for top 4 and Liverpool being Liverpool.
By the sounds of it have the fast forward ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back