Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever works for you you go for, but I call it as I see it

When was the last time we have been this strong defensively? And we have a striker who scores goals regularly on top of that.

Even Berbatov was never as prolific as what Kane has been when he was with us and many people say Berba was the best striker we've had since Klinsmann for etc.
Agree with all of the above.

Top 4 places, titles etc are not won in November though.

Was at the game last night.

We are good. Very very good.

We simply must do Chelsea next week. Have to finish their season while cementing the potential for our own. I'll be there too. If we play like we did last night we will win.

Just popped up on my fb feed from a spurs forum.

Saints fan just after we got Poch:

Saints fan in peace.

To those of you bitching and moaning about MP let me give you some context.

I am and have been a Saints fan for over 30 years. Season ticket holder since I was 7 (With the exception of two separate years – when kids and finances dictated) and have seen players and managers come and go, which is part of the game.

I’ve seen players like Channon, Ball, Shilton, Wright, Keegan, Williams, Wallace, Shearer, Hoddle (You lot again) Walcott, Bale, Chamberlain etc. etc. all leave.

Not one of those departures hurts as much as this one.

I genuinely think you now have one of the best managers in the league. He is completely different from anything else you have seen. Not all players will survive his arrival – Including big names, but for those of you that are moaning….. take yourselves back to the first half at White Hart Lane against the Saints…… We battered you, humiliated you and then gave away a bizarre goal and let you back in. Your squad won’t let that happen – More maturity, depth and quality.

Enjoy the ride – And you will get one.

He's right, not all players survived Poch's arrival and by and large they've been shipped off elsewhere and we're better for it. We are getting a good ride atm, hopefully it lasts deep into the season.

Decent-if below average first half, disgusting second half.

Playing a near full strength team in the Europa was just stupid. Players were completely out of gas at the 50 minute mark, and only held on because Chelsea weren't clinical.

Playing a near full strength team in the Europa was just stupid. Players were completely out of gas at the 50 minute mark, and only held on because Chelsea weren't clinical.
Kind of agree but at least we didn't lose and we are also through in the EL with a game to spare. Hopefully we rest players in the final EL game now

Agree

I think you can get away with defenders/goalies backing up regularly mid week but when it comes to midfield and upfront these guys have to be fresh, only Dembele was fresh and he was arguably one of our better players again but didn't have much help after half time as Kane, Dier, Mason, Eriksen etc were a bit sluggish going forward.

Another wasted opportunity to close the gap

The players who were rested were no better then those who weren't.

Was at the game today and we played very well. It was Chelsea's best and most passionate performance for the season. And we still should have won.

Happy enough.

Agree

I think you can get away with defenders/goalies backing up regularly mid week but when it comes to midfield and upfront these guys have to be fresh, only Dembele was fresh and he was arguably one of our better players again but didn't have much help after half time as Kane, Dier, Mason, Eriksen etc were a bit sluggish going forward.

Another wasted opportunity to close the gap

They weren't sluggish - they were up against a wall of very disciplined and determined Chelsea team. Hazard was everywhere. Willian was exceptional.

It was evident early that they were going to try and hit us on the break with extreme speed - and we adjusted accordingly by being patient and risk averse. The only gripe I have is that we should put more first time balls in on the cross.

The players who were rested were no better then those who weren't.

Was at the game today and we played very well. It was Chelsea's best and most passionate performance for the season. And we still should have won.
You sure?

It felt like there was no intensity in the game, particularly after Son went off, we seemed intent on playing safe and didn't want to take a risk in the final 3rd.

Hazard and Pedro were set up to counter, all of Chelseas energies went to countering us, they rarely pressed our defenders/midfield all day, they sat back infront of Kane and waited for us to turn over the ball.

What a load of ******* shit

We won't finish top 4 at this rate, all these dropped ******* points from draws, Leicester or Liverpool will get a top 4 spot at our expense

Our game plan is too one dimensional, we try to hold possession and play narrow and compact slowly drawing our way forward, the problem with that is it gives our opponents too much time to drop back and repel in numbers whatever we do in our final 3rd. We don't attack with width or in space much, we rely too heavily on our full backs for width, we need a bonafide winger in the team to provide an outlet, potentially N'Jie could do that, he makes nice runs and he's quick, but his passing is mediocre. Doubt we'll see Townsend in the league again so I'd sell him and buy a winger and another striker in January.

That game was symbolic of the shit we were putting up in August, I feel we have gone a step back the last 2 games after making some ground before that.

Just frustrating that we are in a good position in the league currently on the back of teams above us dropping points and our unbeaten streak currently, but it's gunna bite us on the backside sooner rather than later imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to panic after drawing away from home but in saying that it was a disappointing performance. Probably our worst 2 performances of the season in a row now against 2 sides around the same level, hopefully we can steady the ship before it becomes a trend but I have faith in the coaching staff and most of the squad.

Another one like that and I may start seeing things a little different but thankfully we're at home against a very very ordinary Newcastle next weekend (late late game yuck).

Hat trick for Lamela. Son with 2 assists. N'Jie had a part to play in 3 goals. Tom Caroll's first goal & Onomah's first start. Perfect EL showing

Hat trick for Lamela. Son with 2 assists. N'Jie had a part to play in 3 goals. Tom Caroll's first goal & Onomah's first start. Perfect EL showing
Was at the lane tonight. Lamela's a boss.

Good to see Bents and Chadli back and Onomah has some moves and quality about him. And good on Tom Carrol.

Was at the lane tonight. Lamela's a boss.

Good to see Bents and Chadli back and Onomah has some moves and quality about him. And good on Tom Carrol.
Could have only been more perfect if Clinton got of the mark and the game was safe enough to give Carter-Vickers a few minutes

Be positive for the love of god. very negative at the moment Pups. Why... Well that's the baffling part.
I have not liked what I have seen the last two weeks, particularly last week, we have to play smart and efficiently to break Newcastle down imo

Newcastle have been a bogey team of ours at times at WHL the last 2-3 seasons, I wonder if they will sit back, absorb pressure, then attack on the counter which has worked for them previously (plus Krul having worldly games saving ******* everything)

I would like to see N'Jie start this game and Poch plays a 4-4-1-1. Apparently Dembele is out

----------------Lloris
Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose

N'Jie/Lamela, Dier, Alli, N'Jie/Eriksen

---------------Son
---------------Kane

One of Eriksen or Lamela on the bench, Son is way more productive than these two imo and should be our main guy supplying Kane, he is smart enough to get into goalscoring positions regularly also, if N'Jie is on the left then Lamela starts on the right, if N'Jie is on the right then Eriksen starts on the left.

Our attacking mids are way too similar and are good at interchanging positions across the front 3, but they lack pace and power and that was the only good thing that Townsend/Lennon brought to the table when they played having the ability to break a high line or get teams defences scrambling from a counter attack, I feel N'Jie has this ability in his locker as what he did against Man City supplying Lamela's goal for etc. It would be a point of difference to our attack using speed to our advantage instead of a 100% possession based hold up attack.

Edit* N'Jie and Mason ruled out too now

Guess it'll be the normal 4-2-3-1 then with Lamela, Son and Eriksen

I'd like to see N'Jie used in that type of formation over the Xmas period FWIW

Last edited:
Bogey side does it again. If it's the loss that can improve our 6/10 efforts of late it could be a good thing.

1W & 1L > 2D... **** the unbeaten run that kept being spoken about. Dropped more points drawing to WBA and not winning than we did throwing away that draw

Be positive for the love of god. very negative at the moment Pups. Why... Well that's the baffling part.
ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back