Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response to ADL in one of the main board threads had me thinking. What would a 'power ranking' list of our squad look like? I'll go:

1. Kane
2. Eriksen
3. Alderweireld
4. Dele
5. Lloris
6. Dembele
7. Vertonghen
8. Wanyama
9. Rose
10. Son
11. Dier
12. Lamela
13. Trippier
14. Winks
15. Davies
16. Vorm
17. Janssen
18. Wimmer
19. Sissoko
20. N'Koudou
21. Onomah
22. Carter-Vickers

My response to ADL in one of the main board threads had me thinking. What would a 'power ranking' list of our squad look like? I'll go:

1. Kane
2. Eriksen
3. Alderweireld
4. Dele
5. Lloris
6. Dembele
7. Vertonghen
8. Wanyama
9. Rose
10. Son
11. Dier
12. Lamela
13. Trippier
14. Winks
15. Davies
16. Vorm
17. Janssen
18. Wimmer
19. Sissoko
20. N'Koudou
21. Onomah
22. Carter-Vickers
I'd probably have Trippier and Winks ahead of Lamela. Can't argue with the rest of that.

Oh and id have Dembele at #2 and Dele down at #6

1. Kane
2. Dele
3. Alderweireld
4. Dembele
5. Rose
6. Eriksen
7. Lloris
8. Vertonghen
9. Wanyama
10. Son
11. Dier
12. Lamela
13. Trippier
That's about my list at the moment

Son could go higher eventually though, same with Lamela

That really shows how we need 3-4 players.

The 6 down from #17 can't be trusted. Would say that only 3/6 will come through and be good enough.

That really shows how we need 3-4 players.

The 6 down from #17 can't be trusted. Would say that only 3/6 will come through and be good enough.
Yeah agree, but Poch needs to find the right players to make a difference imo

We only pay good wages to whoever is deemed best 15-18 also, so that doesn't help either when we regularly rely on youf/academy types to fill our squad out

I'd probably have Trippier and Winks ahead of Lamela. Can't argue with the rest of that.

Oh and id have Dembele at #2 and Dele down at #6
Yeah, fair. He has missed close to a full season with injury. AT the end of 2015/16 I would have had him just about top 5 though, personally, so I had him a little higher on that basis. If he gets fully fit I could see him shooting back up the list this season.

Really? Surprised you would have Dele that low.

That's about my list at the moment

Son could go higher eventually though, same with Lamela
When I actually did it, my first though was 'Geez Son seems really low.' But when I went back to put him higher I didn't think he should have gone above any of those before him. He's a strange player tbh, but completely underrated.

Yeah agree, but Poch needs to find the right players to make a difference imo

We only pay good wages to whoever is deemed best 15-18 also, so that doesn't help either when we regularly rely on youf/academy types to fill our squad out
I disagree that we only pay 15-18 players well

We pay Janssen and Sissoko well but they haven't worked out.

We've got a good base 17 top that up with 2 good youth guys in CCV and Onomah that leaves us with 19. We need a squad of 22 that we can trust plus a plodder or two to make up the final 2-3 spots.

Barkley
RB
Demari Gray

Yeah, fair. He has missed close to a full season with injury. AT the end of 2015/16 I would have had him just about top 5 though, personally, so I had him a little higher on that basis. If he gets fully fit I could see him shooting back up the list this season.

When I actually did it, my first though was 'Geez Son seems really low.' But when I went back to put him higher I didn't think he should have gone above any of those before him. He's a strange player tbh, but completely underrated.
Dele is down at #6 but that speaks more about how good our best 6 is! Someone's gotta be 6th. Despite being a big critic of Eriksen's until we have someone who plays his role he is higher up the depth chart

I disagree that we only pay 15-18 players well

We pay Janssen and Sissoko well but they haven't worked out.

We've got a good base 17 top that up with 2 good youth guys in CCV and Onomah that leaves us with 19. We need a squad of 22 that we can trust plus a plodder or two to make up the final 2-3 spots.

Barkley
RB
Demari Gray
Winks overtook them though

He's youf

At last seasons start where was he ranked about, 19-20?

Same could be said about Dele the year before and Kane in 2014 where Poch only played him in EL before he usurped Soldado

Winks overtook them though

He's youf

At last seasons start where was he ranked about, 19-20?

Same could be said about Dele the year before and Kane in 2014 where Poch only played him in EL before he usurped Soldado
Yeah we've had youth pass overpaid flops. I don't mind the structure of it being 3-4 youth and 20 senior players. Our problem is we've still got 2-3 senior players who aren't good enough. I think that'll never change but we've just gotta move them further down the pecking order which should happen with 2 good midfield signings and 1 up front possibly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always been a fan of Son

He works hard and he got his reward last season, I felt we were poorer without him against Chelski x2 in 2015-16, Poch substituted him both games and we lost an attacking element once he went off for crucial 25-30 minute stints, particularly second time where Mason shit the bed (his replacement)

Club announcement imminent, not sure what it is though. Just got word there is an announcement very soon, not necessarily a new signing, could be an extension.
Odd thought. Toby contract extension??

Surely for $30 million, Kovacic is the better option over Barkley.

Can someone explain to my how Barkley is worth anywhere near $30 million, will he even get a spot on the bench?

Surely for $30 million, Kovacic is the better option over Barkley.

Can someone explain to my how Barkley is worth anywhere near $30 million, will he even get a spot on the bench?
He absolutely will be on the bench, and even pushing for a starting 11 spot imo. I can't be bothered finding the tweet because I'm in my phone, but he created more chances than any other u23 player in EUs top 5 leagues last season. Even more than Lamar, who we've been linked to. He's young, already a good player with significant scope for improvement as well. Pretty ouch a perfect Poch player.

I think Barkley gets a bad rap because of how nuts the uk press goes over their young talents. He has done ok at Everton but it's like they expected him to be carrying them to CL qualification. End of the day their squad hasn't been anywhere near good enough to reach that goal and the pressure of not getting there seems to be thrown onto him as the reason why

On the RB situation. Anyone else think it's worth giving KWP this pre season tour against PSG city and Roma to make a claim for the senior backup spot. If he can mix it against good opposition in pre season like Dele Alli did two years ago I'd be happy for him to be our backup

Fwiw I don't think he'll do it just yet. But if he lights up pre season why block his progress and spend 20-30m on a RB that may or may not be good in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back