Biggest finals upset?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have matched up well on Geelong recently so maybe not as much as a shock as some would have thought. The Cats have also struggled to play four quarters of footy consistently this year. Freo have only lost one out of their last ten. I think they've snuck up on people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that big an upset really.

I tipped Geelong, but felt that the club and their had taken their eyes off Fremantle and were looking weeks ahead... I think Selwood and others have been talking up Geelong's chances of winning the flag from the bottom half of the 8 for weeks now.

In 1990 and 2010 a lot of people were talking up Hawthorn's chances of winning the flag from the bottom of the 8 and straight out we went

Geelong's first quarter was terribly uncompetitive for an experienced finals campaigner

Collingwood beating Port in 2002 QF was huge. We'd been in poor form over the two months of the season, including losing to non-finalists Bulldogs and then we lose Buckley for the game.

In 1990 and 2010 a lot of people were talking up Hawthorn's chances of winning the flag from the bottom of the 8 and straight out we went

Bit hard to win the flag in the bottom of the 8 as there was only a final 5 in 1990 ;)

Geelong's first quarter was terribly uncompetitive for an experienced finals campaigner

They were shellshocked. I personally was shellshocked and poor old BT was shellshocked and Lingy was speechless. Fremantle went out guns ablazing and Geelong weren't ready nor were they expecting it. Who, since they started their run in 2007, has kept Geelong goalless for nearly a whole half of football?

The finger-pointing was pretty unprofessional IMHO, wasn't a good look.

Bit hard to win the flag in the bottom of the 8 as there was only a final 5 in 1990 ;)

You know what I mean... In the old final 5 system, finishing 4th or 5th is the same as 5th-8th is currently

The finals fixture even opened up (due to the eagles v pies bye) gifting our team a week off... except we didn't beat Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest finals upset?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back