Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's the right call - best of luck to the big guy.

At the very least he can be serviceable on all three lines - yes he's not as "reliable" as Mcstay as a forward, but as long as he can impact a contest and clunk the odd mark (which he can do) that's all we can ask for him really. He's also a better ruck than Dan so gives us some options if we want to swing a few moves around with Cox and DC, and he can also play a role at CHB if we need to change things up on a Daniher/Hipwood type.

At the end of the day he's in the team, and all we can hope for is for him to crack in and play his role, and to hear his name being read out on the podium as he goes up to collect his medal.
He brings us the ability to throw the team around if things aren’t working. Can do a job up forward, whether it be keeping Andrews in check or as a goal option, or sent back releasing Howe up forward. Or pinch hitting in the ruck.

Billy and Billy kicking 4 goals each in the Grand Final.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

i think about the amount of time that the young men spend on creating those cartoon thingies....shouldnt they be out chasing girls and getting pissed?

i think about the amount of time that the young men spend on creating those cartoon thingies....shouldnt they be out chasing girls and getting pissed?

They already exist, otherwise they wouldn’t have become a meme.

A great opportunity for Frampton. 7 years in the system without cementing a spot, now he's playing in a Grand Final. Has been a very important fill in for us over the season, give us one more.

Another silver lining to the Moore injury is that Frampton got some game time to end the season. Has played many games this year so he'll be ready. His flexibility means he can be moved around if something is not working.

Is a nice long kick. If he does end up on Andrews, trying to spot him up on or just outside the 50 wouldn't be a bad idea at times. Open up space for others and threaten with his long kicking.

More flags than Ken Hinkley :hearteyes:
Congrats to your whole club but I’m super happy for Billy, goes to show what a new president, new coach and a good system does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was okay in the first half, utterly horrific in the 2nd half... If we lost he's a villian, now he's a premiership player forever.. strange how life works like that
He did his job, Andrew’s did nothing and he can tear teams apart. Agreed dropped a couple marks he should have taken.

We shouldn’t forget how he helped us keep winning that period when Cox, Cameron, Moore, and McStay were all injured. His role in the ruck and defence when needed was huge. We don’t finish top without him through that part of the year.

And again today did his job, bloody great value for money

He was OK in the first 3 quarters.... drops a sitter that could have really turned the game towards Pies... then gives away 2 frees because he was holding onto Harris. He had a bad game overall.

He did his job, Andrew’s did nothing and he can tear teams apart. Agreed dropped a couple marks he should have taken.

We shouldn’t forget how he helped us keep winning that period when Cox, Cameron, Moore, and McStay were all injured. His role in the ruck and defence when needed was huge. We don’t finish top without him through that part of the year.

And again today did his job, bloody great value for money

Harris finished with 8 Intercept possessions, which was the most on the ground... While Frampton dropped about 4 SIMPLE marks.

Harris finished with 8 Intercept possessions, which was the most on the ground... While Frampton dropped about 4 SIMPLE marks.
Yeah fair and I forgot about the two dopey holding ruck frees.

Didn’t feel like Andrews impacted much though. I’m surprised he had 8 intercepts, compared to the earlier games I’ve seen Andrews play where he’s dominated I thought Frampton did enough.

I’m more worried about Mihocek tbh, his last six months has been low impact.

But who cares we can worry about that in 2024!!!

Given that Howe was great in defence it was the right move to play Frampton. In the end his impact was not so negative that we lost. Might sound like a back handed compliment, but there was the possibility that Andrews would dominate him, so he did enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back