Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree the top teams keep going full steam ahead while the others go backwards! Was involved in 2 games on the weekend and got hammered in both!!
Its no good 4 footy in the area as no 1 wants to turn up every week 2 get smashed, would of been great 4 the comp if the crows got up.
Had an altercation with clark (4) after gtting a free against him and he called my team a bunch of "*******s"... wont be long tll their playing with themselves, should at least show yr opposition some respect!:mad:

heard that was all about the wyong bloke kept winging about cardiff buying all there players.

Noodles, - you must have copped a hit to the head, it is unthinkable that a Cardiff player or coach would think of themselves as any different to other players- as the previous posters have reasonably explained they would only react with severe provocation as they pride themselves om being humble, respectful and sportmanlike at all times.

Noodles the player in question was No. 38 he lined Clarke up about 15m off the ball and ran towards him with a raised elbow.

No.38 was probably one of your best players all game but Cardiff class and superior fitness showed out in the end as they ran out comfortable winners.

Personally I thought you guys showed great spirit and determination and is a credit that you guys didn't give after half time.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Any news on the young player that was taken to hospital in what looked like a wrist or shoulder injury? From what I seen it looked pretty bad but hopefully its not as serious as first thought.

2 Cents I definitely agree the Tigers are a big chance of knocking off the Bombers this weekend. Will be a game that could have a big bearing on a finals position, Gosford definitely showed plenty of good signs on Saturday and had plenty of good players down on their usual output. Killarney have lost about 150 goals from last year out of their side with no Ireland or Page, so while they will start probably slight favourites i would think the game will go right to the wire.
Bit disappointing about Gordo going to St George from the point of view that he is as fit as and dying for a game, but good luck to him and he will dominate the Sydney league in my opinion.

Noodles the player in question was No. 38 he lined Clarke up about 15m off the ball and ran towards him with a raised elbow.

No.38 was probably one of your best players all game but Cardiff class and superior fitness showed out in the end as they ran out comfortable winners.

Personally I thought you guys showed great spirit and determination and is a credit that you guys didn't give after half time.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Any news on the young player that was taken to hospital in what looked like a wrist or shoulder injury? From what I seen it looked pretty bad but hopefully its not as serious as first thought.

Yeah Chris Watson has completed shattered his wrist and probably be out for awhile as it looks like he needs a construction

I think Gordo has the talent to make it in the Sydney league and further. His skills and poise would make him a good player in any league, the problem he has got is focus and training ethic. At the higher levels you need to excel on the track, with your fitness, and with your abstinence from grog and smoking. If he gets that right he'd be a gun

FB: Wold Church Krake
HB: White Rawnsley Gibson
C: M. Knight Orton A. Clarke
HF: Molan Flynn Kemp
FF: C. Knight Ryan Kavanagh
F: C. Clarke, Kavanagh, Sheldon

B: P. Van Dam, Amidy, Bartlem, Walford, Edgley, Grentell

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Wold kick 70+ goals last season?
Not bad seeing as a majority reckon he is best played in the back pocket!

I think Gordo has the talent to make it in the Sydney league and further. His skills and poise would make him a good player in any league, the problem he has got is focus and training ethic. At the higher levels you need to excel on the track, with your fitness, and with your abstinence from grog and smoking. If he gets that right he'd be a gun

I agree with you Chris Gordon does have a lot talent but the only person that will hold him back is himself. If Gordo can be dedicated to strict training regimes than the sky is the limit.

Also Big Maurie's clearance is up St George on the BFAFL website.

Ex Newcastle City/ West Newcastle footballer Dan Watson maybe heading to play for the Bay. ;) Sources told me that a few of the bay boys have been in his ear about a rumored comeback with the W/Bay crew.

Ex Newcastle City/ West Newcastle footballer Dan Watson maybe heading to play for the Bay. ;) Sources told me that a few of the bay boys have been in his ear about a rumored comeback with the W/Bay crew.

Just what this league needs... another over-the-hill has-been running around for Warners Bay, getting frustrated when they can't get a kick and thumping the nearest bloke for no reason (as long as he's younger, smaller and weaker).
Why would Warners Bay want another player like that?? Don't they already have Steve May?

Wold is the best Backman this league has ever seen.

Heard some rumours that someone from Cardiff may be able to confirm that Wold is unhappy at the club and is potentially snooping around other clubs in the region????

Also heard that Wold is dating Miss Indy and she is putting the hard word on him to move up to the Gold Coast with BroadBeach interested in aquiring his services.

Agree the top teams keep going full steam ahead while the others go backwards! Was involved in 2 games on the weekend and got hammered in both!!
Its no good 4 footy in the area as no 1 wants to turn up every week 2 get smashed, would of been great 4 the comp if the crows got up.
Had an altercation with clark (4) after gtting a free against him and he called my team a bunch of "*******s"... wont be long tll their playing with themselves, should at least show yr opposition some respect!:mad:

you are a dead set sook mate!!! what goes around comes around on the footy field. your not that mentally strong if you get upset with someone calling you a bunch of *******s, perhaps thats the sort of reason you do get pumped week in week out. Why dont you try and get Cardiff off there game verbally and put on a few big hip and shoulders, just try something different next time you weak sod.

I agree with you Chris Gordon does have a lot talent but the only person that will hold him back is himself. If Gordo can be dedicated to strict training regimes than the sky is the limit.

Also Big Maurie's clearance is up St George on the BFAFL website.

Dan Watson hahahaha he is dead set useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weeks matches:
Cardiff V Neslon Bay - Cardiff by 30 goals
W Bay V Wyong - W Bay by 7 goals (W Bay bit 1 dimensional, they want Brunckhorst to get top goal scorer)
City V Lake Macq - City by 10 goals (don't believe they're going as well as they appear)
K Vale V Gosford - Gosford by 3 goals (my upset pick for the round)

He'd be more likely to come first place in a hot dog eating competition!! (MUCH more likely).

Know of Blake and he is a bit of a fiery character Mr P.

Unsure if he reads the dribble we all go on with, but I would say that if he does, you better hope that your identity isnt uncovered or he might be looking to add you to the menu for the shit you're putting on him.

Know of Blake and he is a bit of a fiery character Mr P.

Unsure if he reads the dribble we all go on with, but I would say that if he does, you better hope that your identity isnt uncovered or he might be looking to add you to the menu for the shit you're putting on him.

Yeah he would want to be more than a fiery character to confront Mr Pessimist i'll give you the hot tip. The only living thing that should be scared of Bronkhorse is a cow as word has it that Bronkhorse eats 91% of Australia's burger products and then acts all tough on the field when a young kid is in his way.

A handy game was had by both Goolagong and Gordon for their Sydney Premier league debut. The Big G kicked a lazy 4 goals and Gordon was 2nd best on ground for the Crows. Handy pickup indeed at this stage of the season.

well another week down and another one sided affair with all games. All games finished as predicted with cardiff and newcastle boosting their percentage up with massive scores, city should have won by more but their poor kicking in front of goals let them down with 32 behnds from 59 scoring shots.warners banged on 26 goals to run over wyong with 3 of their forwards sharing 5 goals each and Killarney vale beating gosford by a big margin under a big crowd.
Going into the week off City and Cardiff are red hot with plenty of fire power and are the teams to beat, they will need to keep that form as warners bay's season is starting to build with a few numbers back. Killarney vale's form has turned around from recent weeks but still with alot of work to do to challenge top sides. Gosford, terrigal,and lke Macquarie are full of run and enthusiasm and on their day have the ability to upset sides.
The black diamond cup is very alive, i think this season is extremely open and will be one of the closest final series we have seen since this comp has started, with recent years only 2 real contenders for the cup, this year we have 4 sides that are capable taking out the holy grail. Bring on september.

Still cant see Cardiff getting rolled, more quality recruits this year on top of a fantastic base already from 07. Realistically only two or three serious threats I would say.

City seem to be playing their Juniors to fill the void of a number of off season losses, which is great for the club, but it will be interesting to see how they fair in September.

KillarneyVale lost some quality as well and also have a number of older guys maybe not as driven after success in 07.

Warners Bay have picked up a heap and have some depth, also playing some Juniors as well, so may reckon in the future games. Loss of Gordon really a large blow to their hopes in 08.

Others no real chance, lack depth and experience and realistically I cant see them making it.

Enthusiasm can only get you so far, its all about the cattle in this league and always has been.

(Try and resist a reference to Brunkhorst and cattle please)

Just checked the sportingpulse website and young Cardiff player Ben Simons heading to North Shore in the SAFL. Interesting to see how he goes playing in Sydney,bit of a surprise really that he is leaving the Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back