Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame to see that Bill Walford couldnt get his two sons best and fairest and runner up.
If Tad Walford gets 3rd in the leauge medal how does he only manage to come 4th in the tigers B&F.
But its good to see that Ede and Noodles half the Wyong Football Club post on Big Footy.
Also good to see that SS JUMBO is choking on his words like the normal cardiff players

Sorry newbie, I didnt realise that you had to come from yr club to post on here (where are you from anyway) im guessing not the Hawks.
How bout we talk some more footy? Who did win the Gosford B&F etc.
No more talk about hacks, what about the other end of the scale?
Say the best players from the BDAFL era? 2000-2008
Any takers?

Sorry newbie, I didnt realise that you had to come from yr club to post on here (where are you from anyway) im guessing not the Hawks.
How bout we talk some more footy? Who did win the Gosford B&F etc.
No more talk about hacks, what about the other end of the scale?
Say the best players from the BDAFL era? 2000-2008
Any takers?
Noodles, I understand from my contacts the B Dietz was the winner with K Walford second, S Church third and T Walford fourth. Word is that the night was one to forget for Tigers fans ...

For best players from the BDAFL some of my suggestions are as follows:
- Jason Coulloupas - Newcastle
- Christian Williams - Terrigal
- Mick Ryan - Cardiff
- Brendan Murchie - Gosford

Noodles, I understand from my contacts the B Dietz was the winner with K Walford second, S Church third and T Walford fourth. Word is that the night was one to forget for Tigers fans ...

For best players from the BDAFL some of my suggestions are as follows:
- Jason Coulloupas - Newcastle
- Christian Williams - Terrigal
- Mick Ryan - Cardiff
- Brendan Murchie - Gosford

Cheers mate, have to agree with your choices too, Couloupas is doing very well in Sydand he killed it up here.
Ryno along with Goolagong have been the dominant forwards for me.
Heard Murch might be coming back to the coast at some point,next year?

Bubbles dominated for KV and almost carried them to the premiership and Angus Darling I found the hardest to match up on ( bout 2 metres tall, fit as and plenty of skill). Both played at country camps and dual medal winners in our comp!!

Ran into an ex-committee member of Gosford today and he told me about the farcical situation at their AGM last night. Apparently the president has changed the constitution, spat in the face of the life members of the club and basically appointed himself in the role again despite the club going from a strong financial position last year to really struggling this year! If this keeps up the tigers could be in serious trouble I hear.
Anyway congratulations to Brad Deitz on winning the b&f, from what I have seen he is the standout player in that side and hopefully for the Tigers he isnt one of the players rumored to be leaving!

Ran into an ex-committee member of Gosford today and he told me about the farcical situation at their AGM last night. Apparently the president has changed the constitution, spat in the face of the life members of the club and basically appointed himself in the role again despite the club going from a strong financial position last year to really struggling this year! If this keeps up the tigers could be in serious trouble I hear.
Anyway congratulations to Brad Deitz on winning the b&f, from what I have seen he is the standout player in that side and hopefully for the Tigers he isnt one of the players rumored to be leaving!

I'm lead to believe that the divison at board level is over the appointment of Dugan as Senior Coach for '09. Apparently the president is very keen on Dugan, yet other people on the board have their doubts and are keen to recruit from outside of the BDAFL.

If what you say is true Weaglesman, expect Dugans appointment to be announced officially in the next few days. If, as expected it occurs, I expect that a few noses will be out of joint and with a mini exodous of sorts. However Dugan should be able to attract a few players that should level things out...

I'm lead to believe that the divison at board level is over the appointment of Dugan as Senior Coach for '09. Apparently the president is very keen on Dugan, yet other people on the board have their doubts and are keen to recruit from outside of the BDAFL.

If what you say is true Weaglesman, expect Dugans appointment to be announced officially in the next few days. If, as expected it occurs, I expect that a few noses will be out of joint and with a mini exodous of sorts. However Dugan should be able to attract a few players that should level things out...

I dont think you could be any further from the truth mate.

Isn't it good to see that one of the dictators invloved in running the BDAFL still has his claws in at the Tigers (gee nothing would have happened there under the table). One better was when a second rate league board member resigned, only to rejoin the boys club whenever he saw fit.
Ever wondered what it was like to play adult hokey pokey???:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

J&J - Would love to know your source of this information like weaglesman i also have spoken to a number of disguntaled ex committee members who are unaware that anyone has spoken to any Cardiff coaches or players in a bid to have them at Gosford next year.

Word is they are on the cusp of signing a coach from Sydney so you are very wrong with spreading incorrect assumptions about Dugan going to Gosford..... BTW i am sure the club wouldnt mind having Ryano up front....... but everyone knows its never going to happen!

I heard Gosford were looking at signing a guy called Peter Free from Sydney. He has a pretty good history, so will probably be a good grab for them.

Best players since BDAFL merged, i tend to agree with the names mentioned, i think Merch was one of the hardest at the footy and a bloke with plenty of mungrel..a huge asset o the Tigers in his day. Angus Darling was definitely one, as was Bubbles & Jackson Ireland. Mick Ryan, Loupy, Kemp and Flynn all dominated, but Dan Pederson was a massive freak and the hardest player ive ever played on and Justin Ayres was a gun aswell. I think with Chris Gordon back in the BDAFL next year it wont be long before we hold him amounngst this company.

Congratulations to Brad Dietz and Tim Snelling on their respective B&F wins, both great players and bood blokes aswell.

If we are talking football best in recent history I've seen:

Best Ruck: Trevor De Roost (City)
Best Centre: Dave Metcalfe (WB)
Best on-baller: Scot Ducker (WB)
Best Forward: Morrie Goolagong (Ter)
Best Back: Luke Rawnsley (City)

Any thoughts?

Haha. Best players ive seen up here
Back: Keeble
Centre: Colloupas
Ruck: Gus
Forward: Ryan
All round: Pedersen
Tough: Murchie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard he once burried 3 magpies to their neck in a school playground and at lunchtime he drove over them with a lawn mower just to show the kiddies what life was about

Gee it seems like there are a few disgruntled tigers out there. UTF, Tigersden or Tiger can you guys fill us in more?

I actually heard someone at preso talking about a potential from Melbourne. So I guess until it is announced we will have to wait and see. I also heard that they have made an offer and are waiting to hear back. Hopefully it is someone beneficial for the club as there are a few guys that are keen to move on following the re appointment of Bill.

Congrats to Brad Deitz and Travis Walls for winning B&F in their respective grades. Well deserved boys.

Best players I played with in league = Coloupous, Rawnsley and Burton

Best/Hardest I played against =

Grimmond, Gooligong, J.Male (TA)
Muchy (Gos)
Amidy, Schell (KV)
Simpson, McMahon, Ryan (Car)
Grigg, May (WB)
Stone (NB)
Pederson (Wests & Car)

Word on the street was that Dugan was spotted yesterday afternoon at Erina Fair. Apparently Duges has put pen to paper to become Coach of Gosford for the next 2 years.

A mate of mine who works for the Express Advocate has said that they are doing a full back page story on the Tigers. Would expect this as an annoucement..

Also same mate of mine from Express Advocate was tellling me that Killarney Vale are in dager of losing their ground next year. Apparently Media mogul John Singleton is funding a winter baseball superleague that will incorporate Newcastle, Central Coast, Sydney and parts of South Coast. If it has enough sponsership ($3million so far) to go ahead, Adelaide Street Oval will be redveloped.

Anyone from KV able to confirm these rumours?

all talk of the best players from 2000-2008, but what about up and come-ers from 2008+???
City-rawson, nesbit
Cardiff-brassington,simons
WB-roach,roberts,downing
any more, any thought??

all talk of the best players from 2000-2008, but what about up and come-ers from 2008+???
City-rawson, nesbit
WB-roach,roberts,downing
any more, any thought??

Heard some talk Grand Final Day that he had a trial with the Dragon's NRL and had pulled the pin completely on AFL.

Honestly no one cares about what you people think but heres mine

Back: Barton
Centre: May
Ruck: Noodles
Forward: Hunter
All round: Newburn
Tough: Barton

City-rawson, nesbit
WB-roach,roberts,downing
any more, any thought??

yeah I have a thought, no one cares who you think is a good up and comer. I actually have a better one.

Top 5 Dumbest Football Knowledge since Using The Force:

1. Barton
2. Noodles
3. Captain Insaneo
4. Dietzy
5. Miss BDAFL

p.s your a hack doesnt qualify as he is a hack. LMAO:D

Also same mate of mine from Express Advocate was tellling me that Killarney Vale are in dager of losing their ground next year. Apparently Media mogul John Singleton is funding a winter baseball superleague that will incorporate Newcastle, Central Coast, Sydney and parts of South Coast. If it has enough sponsership ($3million so far) to go ahead, Adelaide Street Oval will be redveloped.

Anyone from KV able to confirm these rumours?

I can confirm that us at Singleton have heard rumours of this sort. Apparently Baseball is going ahead in leaps and bounds on the central coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back