Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

we're alright.... :)

Fantastic feeling being through to the grand final.

Was great having Colreavy's creativeness and Davis' pressure and hardness back in the side as well. Both definitely have important roles to play.

Still with Notte, Garlett and Walters on the sidelines - I'd hate to be on the selection committee.

Walters is a monty - probably for Potente.

Leaving Notte out gave us more run but it's pretty risky playing just 5 talls with no backup ruck. Don't know who you'd leave out though.

Anyone know who tall Luke Adams is now?

He was listed as 194 cm's last year when playing. Getting a lot of hitouts in the ruck, has he grown since last year?

Chance to get drafted?
His brother who is 17 is about my height (194) so I assume Luke is taller than that, I think he would be very high 190's...

Can anyone link us a site with stats from todays game please?

I'm going to be controversial here Underdog, I'd leave Roach out for Potente or Outridge. He has no defensive pressure, no peripheral vision and won't go in for the contested ball. Was very ordinary again today, IMO.

I must give credit to Riggio though, who I've been critical of this year, best game I've seen him play and Hinkley, whilst still diabolical in traffic, after the clip over the ear came back on to be a solid performer.

Spencer was fantastic down back and I love Simpson's hardness. Would still look to draft/rookie list Simpson too, doggy!:)

Well done boys. Can't wait to have another crack at the handbag swingers!:D

I'm going to be controversial here Underdog, I'd leave Roach out for Potente or Outridge. He has no defensive pressure, no peripheral vision and won't go in for the contested ball. Was very ordinary again today, IMO.

I'd be just as controversial...I've been thinking about it and I would drop Potente and Robinson for Garlett and Walters.

I love Robbo but his last 2 games have been woeful and I think the 2 above are a much better chance of having a significant input as much as that pains me to say.

I must give credit to Riggio though, who I've been critical of this year, best game I've seen him play and Hinkley, whilst still diabolical in traffic, after the clip over the ear came back on to be a solid performer.

Indeed, Riggio was superb. He was told to stand up and did.

Spencer was fantastic down back and I love Simpson's hardness. Would still look to draft/rookie list Simpson too, doggy!:)

Spencer's last quarter of the year has been absolutely superb (not that he wasn't good before then). He's been rock solid.

Would add to the squad Walters, Notte, Garlett & Pullman to the 22 boys who played today! Lets take it up to Claremont who i might add have had A LOT TO SAY about our footy club over the last week! :mad:

Good luck on Sunday Swans, always enjoy a visit to Bassendeen Oval. Just beat those Western Suburb toff bastards! Silver spoon and all!

Would add to the squad Walters, Notte, Garlett & Pullman to the 22 boys who played today! Lets take it up to Claremont who i might add have had A LOT TO SAY about our footy club over the last week! :mad:

Add to that Luke and James Embley being spat on, over the incident, while they were out for a meal during last week. It could be a willing GF!

Good luck on Sunday Swans, always enjoy a visit to Bassendeen Oval. Just beat those Western Suburb toff bastards! Silver spoon and all!

Thanks Mr B!:thumbsu:

Well what a difference a week makes. After the second semi final loss I reckon you could count on one hand the number of good players. After last weeks performance I reckon you would only need one hand to count the bad players.

Personally only being 25 it was absolutley fantastic to be at Basso and see over 10K of fans crammed in. I can only imagine what it was like in the good ole days of the WAFL when that was what it was like every week. The noise from both clubs made it one of my all time favourite Swans games and was awesome to be in the McDonald stand and be apart of the excitement that Saturday brought.

Loved the game of Hinkley. I thought in the second quarter it was he along with Colreavy that gave us that run and that burst that we needed to take control. Have to give big props to Riggio and Spencer in defence who were absolutley outstanding. Our defence could be crucial to our success on Sunday with the team of Riggio, Spencer, Ames, Jetta, Richardson, Pearce and Casserley having the versatility to shut down anything that Claremont throws at us. Up forward Simpson showed all of his talent with five goals and adds that tough edge we need in the front half. Our midfield upped its intensity with Krakouer, Roberts and Coniglio all excellent last week; they must be on again to be any chance of taking down the Tigers though. Probably in terms of those that still need to improve are Robinson who still looks a bit understandably unsure on his knee, Roach whose disposal and decision making still lets him down and Twomey who is another who has struggled with disposal this year.

Having only witnessed my first Grand final two years ago I am even more excited about this one as back in '08 it was like we had played our GF against West Perth and just getting there was mission accomplished. This year it feels like we all know we are one step away from what we have wanted for the past 20 years. Certainly exciting week in my household.

As for all the talk about the team for next weeks game I think it will be minimal changes. Obviously Mick Walters comes in and I would say the unlucky guy will be Potente. Me personally I would rather see Roach drop out because I think Potente has that passion you need in a final. However you don't bring a guy across from Victoria unless you have plans for him to be in your GF team. So for me it will be Walters in; Potente out. The rest of the team I all think did enough on Saturday to show that can be the 22 that brings Premiership glory. Probably the only concern is in the ruck as I would highly doubt Spanderman can do what he did on Saturday against Claremont. East Perth played into our hands with the way they contested the ruck and with Claremont being lethal around the stoppages it is important we find a way to win this pivotal battle. Definitley Notte remains out for mine. As much as some here might say he adds something defensivley I think because of a lack of size and pace he really struggle to give us anything. To me Geappen at least has the right football mind to play a pivotal role in the ruck or up forward.

IMO there is no doubt that we can win the flag IF we play with that intensity. It all comes down to effort, passion and intensity. We did not have that in the second semi final but we did in the Prelim. You will be able to tell in the first 10 minutes whether we are a chance as I think this team has a genuine passion and belief they can achieve... As long as they commit to the basics.

B: Jetta (On Ninyette) Ames (On Crawford) Richardson (On Richardson)
HB: Pearce (On Foster) Spencer (On Wilkes) Riggio (On Resting Midfielder)
C: Coniglio Twomey Wolfenden
HF: Colreavy Simpson Hinkley
F: Geappen Hansen Walters
R: Spanderman Roberts Krakouer
I: Roach Casserley Robinson Davis

In their forward half I think that Ames goes against Crawford again at least early on with Ames likely to come up big in a GF. I think we need to ask Pearce to try and take Foster completley out of the game as he is the most dangerous Tiger forward of centre. Richardson to me starts on Richardson with Davis to go to him if he gets on top while Jetta again to do a good job on Ninyette. The last two would be Spencer and Riggio where I think we need to back these two in to be given the luxury to try and run off and hurt the Tigers the other way. While the loss of Pratt is a big one I think we do actually match up well in defence; probably the only problem is if things don't go well there is not much of a back up plan.

Love the look of our forward line with the mix of talls and smalls and a mix between those that can attack and those that can defend. While I think it is crucial we go with four runners on the bench and just try to out rotate the Tigers because that is where they can beat teams when they have fresh legs late in quarters. To me we need to back our depth in and battle 10 deep in the middle of the ground.

Well that ends what turned out to be my extended post game review and Grand final preview. Hope you enjoyed; and hope we all enjoy Sunday a hell of a lot more then 2008!!!!!!!!!

Go the Swannies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, congrats to Krak on the Sandover and to Blackwell on being runner up.

Bring on the big one now!:)

MrTC, I will borrow your brilliant post :D to use instead of my weekly game write up! If OK.

^^

Thats cool Swannies.

Can't wait for the game. After 25 years and 19 years of attending Swans games it would be nice to see the club get their hands on the holy grail. Been an exciting week and just personally feel we have a shot at this unlike 2008.

Congrats to Krak; so long from Swans I would say however taking football out of the equation for a second I hope he finds a way to remain in WA as clearly what Swans have been able to help him with has gotten his life back on track. With a young family it would be a lot different to go to another club and move an entire family interstate and could threaten to derail what has been a remarkable comeback. Regardless of where he goes Sunday will be his last game in the right black and white I reckon so lets hope he finishes on the high that it started....

OHHH... And in 1990 it was Grasso on the Monday followed by premiership success.... Hopefully its an omen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same thing as you about Grasso MrTripleC.

Training is on tonight at Basso, 5:30 start the club says, with a sausage sizzle afterwards and merchandise available.

I'll be down there to support the boys!:thumbsu:

I may actually go for the Swannies, I hate their colours, but I guess I went to school near enough to Baso oval.

Please don't Swans have already got enough support:eek:

Besides, Our jumper is so much better!

imgres

Congratulations Swans, a well deserved victory.
What an amazing game Krakouer had. I pegged him for the simpson about five minutes in.
I feel so absolutely gutted.
Swans turned up with the right game plan, the right attitude and lots of desperation. Kudos to all the Swans fans who turned up too. Good to see big crowds at the WAFL.

As a Subi supporter, congratulations to Swans for winning the 2010 flag. A thoroughly deserved premiership after two decades of trying. :thumbsu:

Also good to see Claremont choke again in the GF. :D

How long were the quarters? Timekeeper must have deadset been sleeping!
Awesome game, Krakeour was brilliant

Games are always long at Subiaco Oval. I think the big ground increases the pace of the game which leads to more goals and also more stoppages. All the AFL games at Subi have quarters which are almost always longer than 30 minutes long.

I was super impressed with Swoop in the first quarter. He marshaled the troops and sorted out the structures down the ground. He also chased and harassed like a madman. Unfortunately, it only lasted the first quarter before he turned back into his sulky, lazy self.

Well how does humble pie taste? What a game by Swoop, absolute star, played with heart and character right up there with krak and the kid for best honours, he turned the game in the 3rd quarter a la Stewie Dew 08, great game Tim

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back