Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd think we'd throw Notte back before Hunter but who knows.

I'm struggling to think of an adequate replacement otherwise. Perhaps a Michael Johnson might return to the club? Doubtful I think.

Maybe be better for Hunter going straight forward though, if there is still a problem with the shoulder. MJ would be welcomed back. What about a couple of young kids from the past couple of years in colts. Did David Johnson play CHB? I'm trying to rack my brain and remember who paired with Luke in the back half.

Must get down to training before the season proper and see what's a doing.

Matty is not surprising, given he's almost not been at swannies at the beginning of the last 2 seasons, contemplating signing out in the bush. The EDFL is in Melbourne, correct? That bit surprises me, as I thought he'd go bush. Best of luck to him though, as you said, kept that defense together beautifully in the second half of the season.

Notte - the coaches are obviously listening to me. To get him into the game I reckon you make him ruck. Remember that 20 HO 20 possie 3 goal game, whilst Spaanders was suspended (I think). Good move. This might give Lammie a possie at CHB, tell him to just hit the contest and get the ball moving forward, as he has the athletic capability to get to most contests.

Either way, will be interesting to see how it pans out and how we shape up.:):thumbsu:

Matt Spencer will be playing in the Ovens & Murray League (Albury/Wodonga Area). His wife is from Glenrowan.
Massive back page report on the Border Mail when he signed on.
Let's hope he can help the Saints break the 62 game losing streak

Well, Casserley's playing career is under a clound now, with the WAFL wanting to ban him for 2 years. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

For all you die hard black and white supporters, there is an intra club this Saturday at Claremont Oval. Yes, Claremont Oval.

Intra-squad game - Feb 19th

Monday, 14 February 2011 05:02

With round one of the WAFL season approaching quickly (March 19th), the Swan Districts Football Club have organised an intra-squad game. Both the Colts and Senior squads will play one another at Claremont Oval on Febuary 19th.The game will be a great opportunity for all fans and members to get a sneak preview of the team before they launch into the 2011 season chasing back-to-back premiership flags.
The full Colts squad will play each another in short 15 minute periods and the full Senior squad will play 20 minute periods. All period will be followed by a 5 minute break. There will be a total of 6 periods per game.
The Colts Intra-Squad game commences first at 8.00am, finishing at 10.05am. Come early to witness some of the clubs finest up and coming talent.
The Senior Intra-Squad game will commence at 4.00pm, and finish up at 6.35pm. With a handful of new recruits such as Luke Miles (ex Essendon), Adam Hunter (ex Eagles), John Williams (ex Carlton), Jarrod Blight (ex Collingwood), and Ashley Hansen (ex Eagles) to name a few, it will be a great showcase of talent.
For directions on how to get to Claremont Oval, click here.

My mail is that Matt Spencer had his Swans contract cut back by quite a bit.

Had a call from Stan Magro who's over at Myrtleford and he offered him a position there with Assistant Coaching duties as well. As mentioned in a previous post, his wife is from that area.

Spencer was also fielding interest from East Freo but decided to go to Victoria once he had his full-time work situation sorted out.

I am a long time member living in Victoria. Are there any other Eastern Stater members?

Reasonably good hit out in the intra club today. Hansen, Robinson, Geappen, Davis didn't train. They had the traditional black and white jumper v a gold jumper with a black Swan.

For the b&w's 1, 5, 37, 41, 49 were good. Hunter played forward and then CHB in the last Q. Looked much better in defence.

For the gold's 6 (kicked, 4 by my reckoning), 7 (if only he could tidy up his kicking :(), 8 (finally getting an injury free run, I hope), 17 were very good - can't remember much else and I don't know half the player numbers.:eek:

Reasonably good hit out in the intra club today. Hansen, Robinson, Geappen, Davis didn't train. They had the traditional black and white jumper v a gold jumper with a black Swan.

For the b&w's 1, 5, 37, 41, 49 were good. Hunter played forward and then CHB in the last Q. Looked much better in defence.

For the gold's 6 (kicked, 4 by my reckoning), 7 (if only he could tidy up his kicking :(), 8 (finally getting an injury free run, I hope), 17 were very good - can't remember much else and I don't know half the player numbers.:eek:

Swannies, I hope you heading to Freo on Saturday, I unfortunately cant, and I need some insightful feedback on how the game went.

Swannies, I hope you heading to Freo on Saturday, I unfortunately cant, and I need some insightful feedback on how the game went.

Unfortunately I can't either Tundra.:(

Did you guys just hear the call on 6PR just now, a bloke from North Perth just cathegorically stated that lot of Swannies players have been taking those pills for few years now on a regular basis. In fact he was specific and said, 3 pills each every game.

**** me, if that's true I'll be devastated. :(

Did you guys just hear the call on 6PR just now, a bloke from North Perth just cathegorically stated that lot of Swannies players have been taking those pills for few years now on a regular basis. In fact he was specific and said, 3 pills each every game.

**** me, if that's true I'll be devastated. :(

Seriously, you don't actually take notice of callers to 6PR? :p

Notte got a pat on the back from Harding, was it deserved, if anyone got to the scratchie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyle Hams played reserves for Swan Districts... :confused:

Didn't see that one coming

What? :eek: Needs to get out from his brother's imposing shadow :p, I guess. Should bring some needed hardness to the team.

Was going to post last night, but too angry, thought I'd settle down first.

The premiership defence is looking shabby at the moment. I have an issue with bringing in players from interstate or other clubs, because it means they will be played in front of more deserving players, in some cases. We seemed to bring in too many talls pre-season, something I commented on then, and leave ourselves short of runners, which has been evident in the first 3 games, IMO.

I also don't like the modern day coaching methods, handing out the man love. They teach this at the coaching courses you go to as well, gen y is different, you've got to be touchy feely with them. BS I say, tell them if they're doing a crap job, don't gloss over and say you're being mighty, you've just got to give us some more contests. Tell them they're being lazy, put it differently if you want, but a spade must be called a spade.

I'm not getting too carried away, yet, I'll leave that for if we lose to Peel later in the year. :p

I'll be going to the Williamstown match ahead of the Eagles game, let's hope we have some changes of fortune then. :):thumbsu:

Below is the line-up to take on Williamstown...

Swans
B C Pearce L Miles T Ames
HB K Hams J Williams G Jetta
C T Roach J Roberts A James
HF T Notte A Hunter J Jacky
FF T Geappen A Hansen D Garlet
F L Adams R Davis B Wolfenden
Int. W Lammie, R Manton, B Robinson, S Parry

In L Adams, K Hams, R Manton, W Lammie, S Parry
Out L Spaanderman, M Riggio, B Colreavy, A Howard, M Aitchison

EDIT: A few more changes...

^^ meaning we are resting Panda, and the other two? Riggio deserved to be dropped IMO, but hey, that's just me.

It seems to me that Swans main problem is the Coach.

CRAP display.

3/4 time huddle was somewhat interesting because a couple of older blokes decided to take the players to task at the huddle. Ipa stepped in and said "I don't think this is going to help the players", to which they responded, you can just disappear over the other side.

I actually agree with Ipa, I was furious at the display, we were beaten in every 50/50 contest, didn't commit to the contest fully, didn't chase and didn't run, but it's not the place to razz the players at 3/4 time huddles. As Ipa said, what if a player decides to snot them?

Anyway, Swans need a bit more pride in their performance, which is what Harding told them at 3/4 time as well.

Time to start dropping blokes like Robinson, Riggio, Davis, Geappen - whoever deserves it, basically. Although this should have happened before today.:eek::mad:

Absolutely insipid :thumbsdown:

Is there a bloke with less intensity and desire then Tim Geappen? He simply was not interested in contesting the ball or giving the opponent any respect whatsoever.

Send the blokes like Riggio and Geappen who are not giving 100% to the magoos and bring up players with a bit of fighting spirit (how Wolfy was dropped ahead of some has me stuffed and as most would know, I'm no big Wolfy fan), or give some kids a chance.

Too many are being selected on reputation rather then performance.

Absolutely insipid :thumbsdown:

Is there a bloke with less intensity and desire then Tim Geappen? He simply was not interested in contesting the ball or giving the opponent any respect whatsoever.

Send the blokes like Riggio and Geappen who are not giving 100% to the magoos and bring up players with a bit of fighting spirit (how Wolfy was dropped ahead of some has me stuffed and as most would know, I'm no big Wolfy fan), or give some kids a chance.

Too many are being selected on reputation rather then performance.

Agree with all of this and I think not with regards to Geappen. :eek: Said at the end of last year, let him go back to Tassie, maintain the same opinion now. One passage of play in the last summed it up, when I just about slammed my bottle of Diet Coke into the ground.

Riggio and Robinson fit into that last category of being selected on reputation perfectly.:thumbsdown:

Well, it looks like we've started to get serious.

James named on a wing in league, played ressies, unless we have 2 A James? Robinson and Hunter forced out but I haven't been big raps for either of their games so far this year and should have been dropped. Thankfully Lammie played ressies as well, as did Outridge (who I wanted for more run in the league, but he'll bide his time). So looks like van Groningen, Parry, Wolfenden in and L Adams and Aitch stay in.

Anyone seen the ressies and how Faulkner's going? Putting up decent numbers and I really liked the kid in colts, any chance of a debut soon? Wouldn't be worse than, say, Davis. :)

Disappointed in Robinson's game again today, or am I being too harsh? Was surprised to see him there, thought he was injured. If he's not fit, don't play him. I know Geappen kicked a bag today, but Underdog's comments still ring true. I was in the outer bar at one point and Geappen was led to the ball by his marker and then failed to lay a tackle, they yelled at him "you're allowed to touch him Swoop". just about summed it up.

Parry was very good and van Gronigen's run was good, even though he got pinged, he was trying to take the game on. Jacky played a very good game and Jetta was really good again. Ames and Miles are rocks back there, luckily for us and Notte was good and got better as the game went on I thought. Adams gives Spaander's a very good chop out as well and Wolfy was a welcome injection and I thought it was Aitch's best game, despite a few errors he was good. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back