BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get it either. You seem to be saying that people should put up a united front and not complain about the club. That might be appropriate in some places but I don't really see how it works in the context of a discussion forum.
Have opinions, disagree no need to to continually shit on the club in public forums and social media.

How about, 'I dont really like the new jumper but some appear to. I have seen better designs elsewhere'

rather than

'The new jumper is pathetic, more mistakes from our shit club admin, our marketing is just shit, we suck at everything. My opinion is more valid than the halfwits thay say its a good jumper'

You get the gist?

I wasnt specifically referring to Bigfooty only. The vitriolic crap was all over facebook and twitter, even tweets directed at Fagan.

Can't see that happening to be honest. Especially considering they have three playing jumpers, with the red used against North.

View attachment 91368

It's good for brand continuity too. Everyone can associate those three designs as a Bulldogs jumper.

I guess if the Bulldogs can do a 3 guernsey option of the same design we could. Use Yellow only when there is a clash and red when outside of SA.
set.png

Have opinions, disagree no need to to continually shit on the club in public forums and social media.

How about, 'I dont really like the new jumper but some appear to. I have seen better designs elsewhere'

rather than

'The new jumper is pathetic, more mistakes from our shit club admin, our marketing is just shit, we suck at everything. My opinion is more valid than the halfwits thay say its a good jumper'

You get the gist?

I wasnt specifically referring to Bigfooty only. The vitriolic crap was all over facebook and twitter, even tweets directed at Fagan.

I've read nearly every page of this thread and I can't recall anyone being derogatory to someone because they like the guernsey. However, the fact that you like it doesn't change the reality that the club appears to have displeased the vocal supporter on this matter yet again. It's like a painting, it's just opinion, but asking passionate supporters to not voice their opinions is out of line. If people are going Lindy on this, then that reflects on them more than the club.

I think it looks like 3 banners flying on a flag pole and is a shit design for a footy guernsey. What's wrong with expressing that view. It's not like I'm threatening to microwave my membership over it.

Dear Andrew, the Guernsey is fine. Please disregard most of these postings.......it is off season, between drafts and pre-season training has yet to start. At least last year the Tippett thread was still going strong! ;)

Can't help but wonder if you really understand what you read, let alone what you wrote.

Clearly having a go at anyone who doesn't like the guernsey and has the audacity to post about it in a discussion forum about that exact topic. Apologise if I missed the sarcasm, but if none was intended then you mocking posters for posting negative comments does come across as self-righteous. Happy for you to tell me where I've misunderstood or headed down the wrong path.

No disrespect to anybody on BF intended, but seriously how many people just whinge on here and leave it at that?
Unfortunately social media seems to make all of us "always right"!

we're just discussing topics that interest us in a forum designed for that purpose. We've been going reasonably average for a while, if there's going to be an honest discussion about various facets of the club, then there's going to be a few negative opinions out there. What never ceases to surprise me is people complaining about others having negative views or disagreeing with club decisions. Like being positive is somehow a more valid viewpoint and more rational.

God that Bears Guernsey is terrible. Sometimes things should remain in the past. :eek:

As least they wised up and got rid of the paddle pop Lion.

Screenshot 2014-11-09 18.40.02.png

The gold lion on white doesn't work. The guernsey would have been fine without it.

Like the historical element going back to Fitzroy's 2nd ever jumper.

Their home and away jumpers are beauties though.

View attachment 91494

The gold lion on white doesn't work. The guernsey would have been fine without it.

Those white ones are shocking. Doesn't work at all. How does shit like this get past the design stage?

Their home guernsey with the Fitzroy Lion is pretty much perfection. One of the leagues better strips. I like seeing them play in the red Fitzroy Guernsey as well. It's just nice to see the Lions live on in some way, even if it's just symbolic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, nope, nope.

Like our proper jumper.

I'd rather white than red or yellow.

I don't mind the red. Red jumpers probably look ridiculous to most people but as a south aussie it sets off a bit of a spark

I think part of the problem is that when you dont like something people feel the need to get angry and tell the world. When you like something you tend not to need to voice it to the world. Negativity prevails.

So what are you looking for Woody, a forum where we applaud the good things ( as we do ) and say nothing when something bad happens?

View attachment 91494

Surely the only reason for it is the the merger agreement that the 'Fitzroy lion' (not that this was legally defined, and henced bastardised to the Paddlepop Lion) must appear on official Lions guernseys and logos. There is exception for heritage/one offs. Because, yeah, that doesn't work, even if it's removing the maroon strip down the middle it would look better with the lion.

I've read nearly every page of this thread and I can't recall anyone being derogatory to someone because they like the guernsey. However, the fact that you like it doesn't change the reality that the club appears to have displeased the vocal supporter on this matter yet again. It's like a painting, it's just opinion, but asking passionate supporters to not voice their opinions is out of line. If people are going Lindy on this, then that reflects on them more than the club.

I think it looks like 3 banners flying on a flag pole and is a shit design for a footy guernsey. What's wrong with expressing that view. It's not like I'm threatening to microwave my membership over it.
That's the thing, the only posters having a crack at other posters is those who like the jumper and want those that don't to shut up. I haven't read one post from a poster having a crack at someone for liking the jumper. It's like a form of censorship.

Maybe we should have 2 threads, those that like it and for those that don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back