BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone show me a worse strip? Something that would make me say "well at least we don't have that".
Adelaide-Clash-2007.gif

Well, It's not completely terrible. I wish it were more traditional, however, I think the murder of crows was much cooler, and managed to get our colours right.
Our colours look absolutely crap when they are brighter shades, which is what they have done with the new clash. Needs to be a navy blue and a richer yellow, then I would kind of be happy. Kind of.

Gah!

I accepted that for marketing to kids or whatever the club will not deviate from this path. However, they really, really need a more traditional, grown up jumper for finals.

This thing would even make D Jarman's last quarter grand final heroics look a bit silly.

So home jumper, traditional away jumper for finals(that rarely if ever changes), and a third kindy jumper, that changes every two years. Win-win-win.

Gah!

I accepted that for marketing to kids or whatever the club will not deviate from this path. However, they really, really need a more traditional, grown up jumper for finals.

This thing would even make D Jarman's last quarter grand final heroics look a bit silly.

So home jumper, traditional away jumper for finals(that rarely if ever changes), and a third kindy jumper, that changes every two years. Win-win-win.

The best selling clash guernseys would actually be the traditional looking ones like Freo, Bulldogs and Port. They all manage fine without "catering to the kids". When is the club going to learn that sustainable sales will only be achieved with a traditional design. I've never bought a clash guernsey and never will until we release a traditional looking design with the hoops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it'll look fine on the field, especially if we're winningh games.

For those that are unhappy though - remember that this would have likely been all signed, sealed and delivered pre-Fagan. See what we get next year - or whenever the deal for this one is up.
min 2 years per guernsey. we're stuck with it for a while

The best selling clash guernseys would actually be the traditional looking ones like Freo, Bulldogs and Port. They all manage fine without "catering to the kids". When is the club going to learn that sustainable sales will only be achieved with a traditional design. I've never bought a clash guernsey and never will until we release a traditional looking design with the hoops.

Well we've had three kid-centric jumpers in a row now, so the club's mail is obviously different.

I don't see why we cant have 3 then, appeal to everyone, and not look like gits on the G in September. As people have pointed out, this type of stuff is more suited to pre-season where the jumpers can be a bit experimental, without embarrassing the club too much.

I reckon it'll look fine on the field, especially if we're winningh games.

For those that are unhappy though - remember that this would have likely been all signed, sealed and delivered pre-Fagan. See what we get next year - or whenever the deal for this one is up.
You copying my posts without quoting? :p

Well we've had three kid-centric jumpers in a row now, so the club's mail is obviously different.

I don't see why we cant have 3 then, appeal to everyone, and not look like gits on the G in September. As people have pointed out, this type of stuff is more suited to pre-season where the jumpers can be a bit experimental, without embarrassing the club too much.

The club's mail has been proven to be pretty wrong quite often in the past few years.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks like something designed by a 1st year Graphic Design Uni student.

Nah, they wouldn't be so cruel! Probably a mid-40s marketing boffin who thinks it's cool.

The jumper has divided opinion over on the Footy Jumpers board and I myself am still in two minds as to whether it's an improvement over the 'murder of crows' or not. I'm not a fan of how they've really accentuated the side panels with this one too; I see side panels as an annoying necessity and not a design feature.

I think the line that a lot of people keep coming back to – and it rings very true – is would the jumper be embarrassing to be running out in a GF in? If the answer is yes, then your clash jumper needs improving. The only two clash jumpers used in GFs – St Kilda 2010 and Fremantle 2013 – were both classy and direct variations of the home jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back