Injury Blue Healers - 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

This is pretty ridicules that the club hasn't updated it's members about Charlie and Murphy tbh. What happened to Bolton saying he wants to make Carlton like a family?
It was explained a page back that unless it's an ACL they wouldn't have even scanned the injury properly until Monday, and thus results wouldn't be in until today at the latest.

If they went for a second scan, which is possible, they might not even have an update tonight.

As for Murphy's injury, it was a high ankle sprain, which is literally a wait and see prospect if everything is OK structurally, because it's about the tolerance, strength and balance of the individual as it's an injury relating to the ligaments that hold the two major lower leg bones together soundly under stress from the ankle. It's extremely nasty and painful because the whole lower leg can feel like it's giving way.

In the end, I believe Murphy is scheduling to sit out the maximum expected recovery time, which is lucky considering that they likely repeatedly tried to ramp up his training given the continually revised window.

So you get the rolling 3 weeks because he keeps failing to move past a milestone when he's reassessed after training.

This is pretty ridicules that the club hasn't updated it's members about Charlie and Murphy tbh. What happened to Bolton saying he wants to make Carlton like a family?
Yes a family. Hence no communication and Carlton has gone and locked itself in its bedroom.

Just wait for the teams on thursday, and when he is named you will know its not an ACL.

It was explained a page back that unless it's an ACL they wouldn't have even scanned the injury properly until Monday, and thus results wouldn't be in until today at the latest.

If they went for a second scan, which is possible, they might not even have an update tonight.

As for Murphy's injury, it was a high ankle sprain, which is literally a wait and see prospect if everything is OK structurally, because it's about the tolerance, strength and balance of the individual as it's an injury relating to the ligaments that hold the two major lower leg bones together soundly under stress from the ankle. It's extremely nasty and painful because the whole lower leg can feel like it's giving way.

In the end, I believe Murphy is scheduling to sit out the maximum expected recovery time, which is lucky considering that they likely repeatedly tried to ramp up his training given the continually revised window.

So you get the rolling 3 weeks because he keeps failing to move past a milestone when he's reassessed after training.
This is a far more detailed response than what the club has released. Here lies the problem.
Communication to members is obviously an area to work on.

Then why bother yourself??
If there is a second scan then tell the fans.
It is called Communication.
It is simple, really.
But hey, don't concern yourself, because it's not a concern for you Jim.

Bloody hell 1981.. The way you formatted your post made me think it was the lyrics to a song. Ive just spent the better part of an hour singing the words in my head trying to work it out!!

This is a far more detailed response than what the club has released. Here lies the problem.
Communication to members is obviously an area to work on.
I reckon 95% of people would switch off half way through a press release that read like my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wait is OVER .......

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-07-26/bioglan-injury-update-round-19

Daisy - calf - 1 week
Murphy - ankle - 1 week
Walker - knee - 1 week
CCurnow - knee (medial) - 4-6 weeks (not sure on time frame - may or may not come back before the end of the season)
Big win there. With the way Casboult stumbled back into him it could have been an ACL easily. Even if we don't see him again this year he'll be right for the preseason which is the most important thing.

The wait is OVER .......
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-07-26/bioglan-injury-update-round-19
Daisy - calf - 1 week
Murphy - ankle - 1 week
Walker - knee - 1 week
CCurnow - knee (medial) - 4-6 weeks (not sure on time frame - may or may not come back before the end of the season)

Now we've got the good news regarding Charlie, what about the others? Murph's been out since Round 10, (thanks to Danger). Due back R 20 against StKilda. Boy, there must have been some damage sustained to that ankle. Anyhow, we'll get about three more games out of our captain before season's end. Even though he may be over his injury, I don't think they should bring back Walker into the senior side, should give a few young players a go, like DVR or Cunningham. Daisy, well yes he should come back in, but for who's expense?:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers - 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back