Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes back to his moronic best. Wants the AFL to step in to ensure that Harry McKay is not allowed to play this week. Must be just a co-incidence that we are playing the team that employs his brother this week.

It's not a stress fracture, scans cleared him of any damage.
Yeah so probably bursitis or neuroma - both of which are treatable with cortisone and he wouldn’t miss footy

May need a surgery on the neuroma if it is that but that can wait until the off season and only if a surgeon recommends it

Kane Cornes back to his moronic best. Wants the AFL to step in to ensure that Harry McKay is not allowed to play this week. Must be just a co-incidence that we are playing the team that employs his brother this week.

All cleared by the AFL!

You lose Kane :laughv1:

“We have (responded to the AFL), we’ve certainly been asked to put a series of events together in the way that we saw it,” Voss said on Thursday.

“We’ve been able to do that, and (the AFL is) comfortable with where that lies, so we’ll move on"

“We have (responded to the AFL), we’ve certainly been asked to put a series of events together in the way that we saw it,” Voss said on Thursday.

I’m imagine it went:

1- harry fell down
2 - harry got up
3 - harry kicked a ripper goal
4 - the doc missed it all he was downstairs

I’m imagine it went:

1- harry fell down
2 - harry got up
It was my favourite goal of the afternoon 👊🏻👊🏻

I’m imagine it went:

1- harry fell down
2 - harry got up
5 - explained we had more doctors pre Covid, just not since the soft cap was reduced by 30% and no increase since

EFA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now this from the AFL - Reprimand!

GTT-oaCaYAQLA60

If the AFL want to fine us, on the basis we had medical staff attending to a player in the rooms, perhaps they should fund extra medical staff, rather than the soft cap tax being so high

They are only covering their arse with the reprimand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being reprimanded by the same people who implemented the failed process in question is actually pretty funny.

Can you actually imagine the convo?

"Why didn't you bring him off?"
"We were busy attending to other players"
"But you should have brought him off"
"How would we have done that?"
"You... well... just shut up alright, you should have brought him off!!"

Sounds like the thing we really did wrong was not bring Harry off the ground after we got the notification from the ARC, and the doctors wanting to watch the vision themselves first. I think it's a fair criticism and a fair result to reprimand us but not punish us further.

Sounds like the thing we really did wrong was not bring Harry off the ground after we got the notification from the ARC, and the doctors wanting to watch the vision themselves first. I think it's a fair criticism and a fair result to reprimand us but not punish us further.

Did Geelong get a reprimand for Cameron earlier in the year when he clearly was concussed and was his second head knock in the game?

He waved off the trainer 3 times despite the doctors being present and asking him to leave the ground.

Cameron subsequently was ruled out of the following game due to failure of the test after the game.

We are held in contempt by the administration of this game and they and the rest of the afl community are only happy when we are on our knees!!!!

Time to **** that up big time!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did Geelong get a reprimand for Cameron earlier in the year when he clearly was concussed and was his second head knock in the game?

He waved off the trainer 3 times despite the doctors being present and asking him to leave the ground.

Cameron subsequently was ruled out of the following game due to failure of the test after the game.

We are held in contempt by the administration of this game and they and the rest of the afl community are only happy when we are on our knees!!!!

Time to **** that up big time!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In that one the ARC official decided no concussion test was needed. Wrongly, but it meant Geelong didn't fail to follow the procedure. We did.

hahahaha

In all seriousness, I reckon he’s got some bursitis (which could be treated with cortisone via ultrasound and he wouldn’t miss any footy) or he’s got a neuroma (common with people who run a lot) or a stress fracture (worst case)

I had heard he had a corky + this foot complaint, but it’s not a strong source - a friend of a friend type operation

They are only covering their arse with the reprimand
Exactly.

The policy says we have to get the player off within a certain timeframe and we didn't do it, so technically we are in breach. But in the circumstances we couldn't have done anything more. So we get a firmly worded letter but no actual penalty.

Noticed that the Kangas lost three players (McKercher, Fisher and Ford) to injury this week and Sheezel has been under an injury cloud. Tough game for both clubs last week.

I took a look on their board in the days following the game (look at the Xerri thread for example) and they were revelling in the fact that many of our guys got injured and banged up. I guess that’s where their season is at.. cheering on injuring oppo rather than winning. It was actually disgusting and poor taste that they were happy for injuries. I don’t like seeing any player injured be it ours or oppo. Interestingly, they seem to have come out of it with just as many injuries as us. It was a bruising encounter but I don’t buy into them doing anything overly dirty. Was just one of those games.

I took a look on their board in the days following the game (look at the Xerri thread for example) and they were revelling in the fact that many of our guys got injured and banged up. I guess that’s where their season is at.. cheering on injuring oppo rather than winning. It was actually disgusting and poor taste that they were happy for injuries. I don’t like seeing any player injured be it ours or oppo. Interestingly, they seem to have come out of it with just as many injuries as us. It was a bruising encounter but I don’t buy into them doing anything overly dirty. Was just one of those games.

I don't think anyone actively cheered on the injuries, particularly to TDK.

Was more just reveling in Xerri the physical beast and the path of destruction he can cause.

The injuries were definitely unfortunate.

Noticed that the Kangas lost three players (McKercher, Fisher and Ford) to injury this week and Sheezel has been under an injury cloud. Tough game for both clubs last week.

Was at the game and sitting front row. Was definitely one of the more physical games of footy I’ve seen in a while. We were made to earn every possession.

Surprising as it may sound, felt like finals level
of physicality. Will set us up well for later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back