Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow.... have a look at this idiot:

In fairness, he seems lukewarm on pretty much every club’s trading efforts.

And for a second thing, the melts around here will be enormous if pick 3 is a bust. I support what the club did. But they have to get the pick right. And that’s essentially what Damo is saying.

And for a second thing, the melts around here will be enormous if pick 3 is a bust. I support what the club did. But they have to get the pick right. And that’s essentially what Damo is saying.
Damo has said we gave up 3 first round picks in the trade... We only had this years and next... He's an idiot

Damo has said we gave up 3 first round picks in the trade... We only had this years and next... He's an idiot
Even opposition supporters are saying this. It’s an easy mistake to make… if you have an agenda. 😂

Completely beside the point... have a read of what he said we gave up...

Said it elsewhere, but I think there's a power struggle between Voss on the one hand and Austin (and possibly Cook?) on the other - the necessary refresh suggests that Austin finally won that argument, next step is to nail the draft picks
There's a story that Hardwick was annoyed at the Richmond list manager for trading a player away saying 'hes best 22 what are you doing' etc and the list boss saying 'we know you think that that's why we traded him away'.

I don't think it's a bad thing to have those clashes. Those two positions can never really be aligned unless you're in last. Think it's a good sign and it's Lloyds job to balance those powers.... Which is a bad sign.... Because..... Lloyd.....

I don't think it's a bad thing to have those clashes. Those two positions can never really be aligned unless you're in last. Think it's a good sign and it's Lloyds job to balance those powers.... Which is a bad sign.... Because..... Lloyd.....

This might be the Carlton messiah complex speaking... but something tells me the incoming CEO will have formed a view on Lloyd's performance in that role

I’m well aware of what Damo wrote. As RPCB says, the narrative about three first round picks to get pick 3 is already well and truly established. We can huff and puff about that on here all we like, but it won’t move the dial. Get angry, belittle Damo, do whatever you like. It won’t change a thing.

The more substantive part about Damo’s comment is that we need to nail pick 3. And he’s spot on. If we stuff it up, the melts on here will be enormous.

Again, I support what the club did.

The only reason you trade up like that is if you have a player or two specifically in mind and you know they'd be taken by your first pick. You don't engage in shenanigans for shenanigans' sake.

I'm interested - and excited - to know who's a better prospect than both picks 12 and 14 could've been together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason you trade up like that is if you have a player or two specifically in mind and you know they'd be taken by your first pick. You don't engage in shenanigans for shenanigans' sake.

I'm interested - and excited - to know who's a better prospect than both picks 12 and 14 could've been together.
maybe ist the immediate impact - form what i have seen of the potential pick 3 they could all go from day 1, especially given crippa walsh hewett and cerra in that midfield

not sure if 12 or 14 could go form day 1

I'm looking forward to giving him the number 7 and calling him The Dominator 2.0 for the next 12-14 years.

Perhaps by the end of his career the story will go that he cost us 5 first rounders, and Damo won't be able to believe we got him at such a steal.

Is Reid still at the crows? Another with incriminating photos if he is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's still there for now and even more incredible is the Pies are chasing him....

But the Pies are such an amazing club. They've traded away last years first and this years, still paying half of Grundy's salary, still paying Treloar 300k next year.
Paying Perryman 900k, god knows what they are paying Houston. Nicky D, although an absolute gun is earning incredible amounts.

The only person in the AFL earning more is Graham Wright (lol) but that is why we have to call him the Deputy CEO.
Please please please everyone, stop mentioning the football department.

Last edited:
He's still there for now and even more incredible is the Pies are chasing him....

But the Pies are such an amazing club. They've traded away last years first and this years, still paying half of Grundy's salary, still paying Treloar 300k next year.
Paying Perryman 900k, god knows what they are paying Houston. Nicky D, although an absolute gun is earning incredible amounts.

The only person in the AFL earning more is Graham Wright (lol) but that is why we have to call him the Deputy CEO.
Please please please everyone, stop mentioning the football department.

I believe young Reid used to work for Kelly.
Gotta love Kelly, young Reid and Leppa running the show at the magpies 🤪🤪🤪

I believe young Reid used to work for Kelly.
Gotta love Kelly, young Reid and Leppa running the show at the magpies 🤪🤪🤪
People HATED Liddle, even though he did a lot of good. He fall to the old firm for calling out SOS and a few others.
People dislike Mr. Teflon Lloyd. I’m not sure what he does, but he’s untouchable.

But my word, I’d take the two of them back before stepping near Kelly.

To really put it in perspective.
Bolton has gone to work at the Saints over working under Kelly…..
People might of forgotten how much SOS and Bolton didn’t get along. So imagine how uncomfortable Bolton felt under Kelly to go and work with SOS and his best mate Lyon.

Can Sam Weideman play defence? Has been delisted.

Y
Curnow's draft reports are so fun to look back and read.

Not a good set shot and not a great field kick either... lazy (even though he was one of the highest scorers in the beep test).
On the plus side he is a great contested mark, and has huge upside. Likely to be a Jake Stringer type player....

Pure gold.

I would have thought Harry Armstrong would be the player the Roo's need. Shame they didn't take Logan McDonald when they had the chance.
You're right that McDonald would’ve made a lot more sense than Phillips to draft, but is Logan McDonald actually that good? He’s obviously a better player than Will Phillips and he would fill a need a lot more than Phillips does, but I don’t think either are particularly that good.

I feel like McDonald will struggle to ever be the number 1 guy in an AFL forward line and will only ever be a pretty good number 3 tall forward. He might be able to develop into a pretty good number 2 guy, but I just really struggle to see it.

I guess he still is only 22, turning 23 next year, so maybe I’m being a bit harsh. We should know within the next year or two, if he is him or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back