• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:

The injury curse started when Doc first injured his knee, that would have been Nov 2017. Have we even had a semblance of a good run since then?

It’s been most of this century, we got the “best in the business” to fix it and he somehow made it consistently worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

major league baseball GIF by Morgan Creek

Should have got the live chicken.

After the round of carnage would we even let Russell tend to them or just ship him off immediately on gardening leave?

I wouldn’t let Andrew Russell tend to my garden.

It's not even a fresh injury. Another reinjury.

The question at this point is who isn't carrying and playing through an injury.
At this time of year it’s fairly common for players to have plenty of bruises and soreness.
However we were hit especially hard through the North/Port five-day break - those who were sore at that point have become casualties.

At this time of year it’s fairly common for players to have plenty of bruises and soreness.
However we were hit especially hard through the North/Port five-day break - those who were sore at that point have become casualties.
I believe only ourselves and doggies are the only two teams with two 5 day breaks this season. Bonkers scheduling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe only ourselves and doggies are the only two teams with two 5 day breaks this season. Bonkers scheduling
That was for the period of rounds 16-23 could be a few more for rounds 0-15 .. doggies was worse than ours , they played in a different state on Sunday and played Friday ..ours was bad theirs was worse

Which makes our management/selection of the previous 2 games (Giants/Dogs) so much worse.
That was where we cooked our season.
Had to bank the points in at least one of those games, but should have won both.

There were a lot of players who entered that North game carrying injuries.

The only player who was afforded a week off carrying multiple injuries was TDK. It should've been a lot more rotation.

It's not just one isolated period of the year.

This season in particular was always going to be the longest in history.

We started flogging our players in January by all reports training through preseason with a very high intensity.

None of our players bodies have been able to stand up to it - now no longer able to maintain pressure / intensity throughout a game or outright injured.

It was madness at the time. It looks even dumber now.

No coincidence that Russell has lost his job.

The injury list has now reached the point of no return. Shut the season down and start planning for 2025.

Tell Andrew and his entire team to give back their club property and leave tomorrow, whatever is theirs that’s left at Ikon Park will be mailed to them by the end of the week.

It also feels like we have been lied to by the club about the extent of the injury crisis, the contributory factors and the circumstances of Russell’s departure.

After so many years of thinking our club has been run by a bunch of amateurs, since the start of 2022 I actually thought things were changing for the good.

Now I only have reasons to doubt everything again. Everyone. Coach, Football Department, Adminstration and Players. With the exception of a handful they are all frauds, rent seekers looking for a pay cheque.

I don’t think I’ll ever trust this club again. We have never adjusted to the modern era and I’m not sure ever can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back