Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The very reason why I feel for players such as Marchbank and Martin. They were never given a chance. Just idiotic.
I think the theory was probably that a harder pre-season would have the opposite effect, making players more resilient.
I often wonder if it should called sports science or sports supposition.

I think the theory was probably that a harder pre-season would have the opposite effect, making players more resilient.
There'd be plenty of literature and real world confirmations to support the theory but it still needs to be implemented correctly such that the athlete can adapt and build resilience before loads are further increased. We have no information as to whether anything was untoward in our approach.

Works great when you’re training for athletic non contact sports, train hard and then taper off before an event. Not sure it works that well in the AFL if you’re getting bruised and battered.

The AFL season is a marathon, you don’t want to come out sprinting before the marathon even begins.

Waiting for the update to drop
Scared The Launch GIF by CTV

I'm waiting so I know what we have to work with. If we have multiple players listed as a test, I'd be worried about them breaking down in game again.

I'd rather concentrate on the possibility of new players coming in and changing our sad dynamic of late.

Question is when did he do his quad? How long was he out there with it? He certainly struggled to impact and spent most of his time on the wings, doing no defensive running at all.

Question is when did he do his quad? How long was he out there with it? He certainly struggled to impact and spent most of his time on the wings, doing no defensive running at all.
He's also been battling a crook shoulder for a few months and probably long term concussion from last year still as well (some silly brain fade standing the mark 50s this year)

It was in the last four minutes of the game - took a mark and come down hobbling. Looked to the bench but obviously it was empty so he finished off the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to know that GWS played out a game with 16 players against us because of no rotations once and what do we do with no rotations? We decide to keep a player out on the ground for 4 whole minutes when we were 10 goals down. So ****ing idiotic.

Nice to know that GWS played out a game with 16 players against us because of no rotations once and what do we do with no rotations? We decide to keep a player out on the ground for 4 whole minutes when we were 10 goals down. So ****ing idiotic.
Exactly, game was lost I'd have cotton-wooled Cripps, Harry, Weiters half way through the last and grabbed a piece of cardboard and scribbled a "play dead" sign to the troops on field.

Injury List Update 13th August …

UPDATES on eight Blues leading into Round 22

Harry McKay (quad)

• Scans have confirmed he sustained quad injury on Sunday
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Jack Martin (hamstring)
  • Scans have confirmed a minor hamstring strain
Adam Saad (hamstring)
Charlie Curnow (ankle)
  • Experienced a sprained ankle on Sunday
Lachie Fogarty (collarbone)
  • Experienced a fractured collarbone on Sunday
  • Will miss the remainder of the 2024 season
Jordan Boyd (adductor)
  • Experienced a significant adductor injury during the game on Sunday
  • Will miss at least the remainder of the home and away season
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
- Availability: 1-2 weeks

Orazio Fantasia (calf)
-
Availability: Test

IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg

Rip the bandaid off (so to speak).
Don't stick injured players on a plane across the country, give the fit fresh kids a go.

Yup, I'd rather lose with kids than lose with the same players under injury clouds.

I remember late in 2007 after another crappy year, and players going in early for surgery, we went into the last game with Paul Bower (12th game), Ryan Jackson (8th game), Michael Jamison (5th game), Shaun Grigg (5th game), Shaun Hampson (2nd game), and Mark Austin (1st game).

Now they didn't all end up world beaters, but I was thrilled to see the future prospects of Jamison and Hampson at the time. It just sold hope.

If we can find just one of these guys who can stand up at the level, after being held back by our VFL form, it will all be worth it. Right now, we just look to have a lot of clutter on our list and I want to be able to confirm it with my own eyes.

Injury List Update 13th August …

UPDATES on eight Blues leading into Round 22

Harry McKay (quad)

• Scans have confirmed he sustained quad injury on Sunday

Jack Martin (hamstring)

Adam Saad (hamstring)

Charlie Curnow (ankle)
  • Experienced a sprained ankle on Sunday

Lachie Fogarty (collarbone)
  • Experienced a fractured collarbone on Sunday
  • Will miss the remainder of the 2024 season

Jordan Boyd (adductor)
  • Experienced a significant adductor injury during the game on Sunday
  • Will miss at least the remainder of the home and away season

Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
- Availability: 1-2 weeks

Orazio Fantasia (calf)
-
Availability: Test

View attachment 2078202

View attachment 2078204

Holy shit. When did Andy McKay start working at the club again? 1-2 weeks all around. Even Marchbank who was under concussion protocols.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back