• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Taping an ankle does not prevent injury nor does it eliminate the risk of injury. It’s merely an attempt to reduce the severity of an ankle injury should it occur. If Charlie has an ongoing ankle issue then the only long-term solution is rehabilitation or surgery depending on severity.

I don’t know the extent of his injury obviously but to get back to 100% he probably needs weeks off but that won’t happen at this stage of the season.

What you’ll see in a lot of sports (AFL included) is athletes taping prophylactically (taping despite never having had a serious injury to that body part) in order to prevent the severity of injury.
I didn't speak about a generic ankle injury, only rolled ankles- which has been his specific injury several times.

Was at one of those meet and greet functions last night and spoke with TDK for a bit. He said he's tracking beautifully with his injury recovery and going to be good to go very soon.

On a side note, he was there with his brother SDK and they are a riot. TDK told me in front of SDK that Sam will be playing in our backline in a few years 😂 Scoop!

Last edited:
Was at one of those meet and greet functions last night and spoke with TDK for a bit. He said he's tracking beautifully with his injury recovery and going to be good to go very soon.

On a side note, he was there with his brother SDK and they are a riot. TDK told me in front of SDK that Sam will be playing in our backline in a few years 😂 Scoop!
was this meet and greet at Latrobe Golf Club by chance?

Fox footys wednesday night midweek tackle gave a detailed breakdown of games lost to injury this season.

Main points to take out of it.
1. We ranked 2nd in games lost 181 total through injury only behind the tigers.

2.Suns, Cats, Dees and Power the least

3. Carlton 86 games total lost purely to soft tissue injuries which is 1 game short of the suns total games lost

4.10 separate hamstring injuries plus 6 calf injuries

5. 5 severe hamstring injuries where a player has missed longer than the standard 3/4 weeks

*marchbank surprisingly accounts for zero of the soft tissue injuries

We have the 'bounce' when a coach is leaving/sacked generally... does that mean now with Russell "leaving" our injuries are all magically going to remedy themselves for a few weeks?
Hell Yeah Yes GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was also great at Port and Essendon before that. Maybe it’s a Carlton problem
Honestly, it may have been a recruiting problem. We really don't know. A little of both maybe? And throw in Marvel surface?

It seems to be the right call though if you listen to what the physio posters on here have said.

Sprinkle of this and sprinkle of that. After our scandal and what ensued, penny pinching on recruitment, list management, staff etc.

I think it's only been about 3-4 years now that the penny dropped somewhere that you don't need to build up your football brand by championing or executing all those extra side things, you build it up by winning football games. Now with Sayers and Cook... winning === uplift in brand === more members === good publicity === AFL prime time === growth === happy members and supporters.

A lot of the injury prone players at Carlton were injury prone before coming to Carlton. It was the big reason why they were gettable for us.

The soft tissue injuries this season raise some real questions thought. I'm not sure where this comes from. I suspect that the finger has been pointed in regards to this and this is why he has gone. Hamstring and Calf strains could easily be to do with the high performance training. The rest are mostly injuries due to players being reckless or accidents which have nothing to do with high performance.

That would be so good. Made me smile. Thanks.

Okay the double speak of Brad Lloyd at three quarter time has me absolutely spitting chips.

Curnow has carried an injury since late last year. I believe it was on our 22nd game but could have been in the GWS game.

Charlie refuses to make excuses for it and won't accept it for why he was poor in the finals last year.

I believe that it has been the ankle all along.

It's why he has gone from a player who consistently made second and third efforts and to a player who makes one effort and is incapable of making consecutive efforts. It's also why he leads with so many one sided efforts and has protected the one side.

Seriously this football club is ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back