• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Rumours are Marchbank and Cuningham are already gone. We really need to clear out our playing list of permanently injured players.

I could see Marchbank and Cuningham being joined by Jack Martin seeking a trade, Fantasia getting paid out a year early on his deal and Sam Durdin being delisted.

Zach Williams too good to go and we would need to manage his fitness better.

Hopefully that helps our perpetual injury list.

Rumours are Marchbank and Cuningham are already gone. We really need to clear out our playing list of permanently injured players.

I could see Marchbank and Cuningham being joined by Jack Martin seeking a trade, Fantasia getting paid out a year early on his deal and Sam Durdin being delisted.

Your post needs more Cottrell and Cerra.

TDK seemingly can't play #1 ruck for more than half a year either.

And Walsh has been playing half fit for 3 years. Has the spine of a 60 year old.

I'd like to see Zac shed some kgs. Has looked heavy ever since he joined us.

I reckon we could carry two injury prone best 22 players in McGovern and Williams, but to try carry Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin too?? That's absolutely crazy!

Bring back Doch and Sos, remove Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin, bring in 3 to replace them and you'll see we'll have a much much better year.

With an eye-popping 17 on the official injury list released on the AFL app article, Carlton have by far the most players out with some teams like Adelaide having just 5 out. Brisbane have 11 out.

Adelaide XXXXX
Brisbane XXXXXXXXXXX
Carlton.. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hopefully next year we get a better balance for high performance. 17 out is going to kill any team. What’s even more damning is how many of our on field players are actually carrying lower grade injuries (suspect Walsh and Weiters to name two). I think the last 6 weeks may have been an accumulation of injuries, evident and hidden, and it’s just reached a critical mass now where we have imploded.
You do realise that Russell in no way oversees the physio and medical departments, right?

I'm with you for all of this, right up until suggesting we dump Fantasia, who must be on a fairly humble salary.

In fact, I've been saying most of this for multiple years. It's nice to see everyone else finally joining the discussion about how we play football and how we rotate players. I don't even blame Russell to any great extent, I blame recruitment, medical, and coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As crazy as it sounds, next week still might not be a dead rubber, even if we lose to the Eagles.
If Freo lose to the Giants in Sydney this week, our game against the Saints will be live.
It's time to play the fringe players, test them out, sort out who's tradeable and aim for some decent draft picks.

This decimated team ain't going deep into finals this season.

List Management is :arrowright: way ...

Oh, I definitely agree.
I wouldn't risk any injured players, and I doubt we'll win either game.

I was just making the point that if Freo lose to Giants in Sydney, our game against the Saints will be live.
Exactly and playing banged up player's like Walsh and Acres in the next two games makes zero sense to me.

Such is their quality and importance to us, they really should be put in mothballs now imo.

Play the kid's, give them a taste. Vossy needs to get past his mantra of "Just get the **** out their and play, show some toughness".

I reckon we could carry two injury prone best 22 players in McGovern and Williams, but to try carry Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin too?? That's absolutely crazy!

Bring back Doch and Sos, remove Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin, bring in 3 to replace them and you'll see we'll have a much much better year.

Doc, SOS and Fog are all injury prone players too.

IIRC there were reports here that he was in a boot for a bit.

However, I can't tell you one way or the other that it wasn't.

I hate my post. I just want an honest club.
He did a lot of the preseason. At times during the preseason I felt he was kore
Powerful and faster than ever. I don’t believe he carried anything through the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back