Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been over a month since there has been any update on TDK, is he a chance?

Hopefully Gov, Williams, Harry and Charlie are good to go but who else is a chance?

TDK was interviewed at the pre game Captains Club function on Sunday. He was specifically asked when he’s targeting a return and he was quite vague (in an unconfident manner) saying he’ll be back early in the finals. It came across as though he won’t be right for week 1.

Doc wants to play... he's up and about. He's going to add leadership and inspire. He's a gun. If the article is correct and it's significantly less risky than we thought, I'd play him.

I hope the article is correct however it also says we are playing the Hawks at the Gabba and also says it’s been 8 months since his ACL right after saying it will have been 183 days 🤦🏽‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TDK was interviewed at the pre game Captains Club function on Sunday. He was specifically asked when he’s targeting a return and he was quite vague (in an unconfident manner) saying he’ll be back early in the finals. It came across as though he won’t be right for week 1.

Does anyone know if its the lung issue or the foot issue thats holding him back. Would be a massive shame if he misses against the Lions

I was there too.
I had the same feeling as you that if he comes back this year it will not be for the first final.

Saturday morning's open session will be an interesting watch.

Expecting to see Doc flying around but I'd imagine the likes of TDK, Cerra, Gov & Charlie will have a very light session (leaving more questions than answers for the opposition scouts) before they're given a harder, behind closed doors training session Tuesday/Wednesday next week to prove fitness.

I hope the article is correct however it also says we are playing the Hawks at the Gabba and also says it’s been 8 months since his ACL right after saying it will have been 183 days 🤦🏽‍♂️

183 days so 3.5 months…..
50 days in a month yeah….

Fresh is best. No need to train hard now. Just polish up the skills and get into the game. Name a really strong side.

This game will be won by a team which literally runs over the other one. Same as last year up there.

Yeap, it's time to taper, you want players fresh, bodies yearning work

The Blues will have to make a call on as many as eight or nine players for the final, including key pieces Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay, Tom De Koning and Mitch McGovern.

Voss named those four in particular as players more likely than not to return.

Yeap, it's time to taper, you want players fresh, bodies yearning work
Generally speaking, yes. Bodies have varying physiologies though. Some thrive on work. A very light fortnight may not suit some. Then there is those coming back from injury downtime. So many variables in this group. Really hoping Russell is still focussed. This could become his finest hour if he can get our wounded warriors up and going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As he’s been out with a foot and lung injury, I struggle to see how he will be fit enough to play finals.

Vossy seemed to forget his name (TDK) when asked about potential returns for this weeks game on SEN this morning (basically listed off Charlie, Harry, Gov etc) and then was specifically asked about TDK and was vague in his answer - said "oh yeah - he is in the mix" or something along those lines
oh yeah, he might be in our Best 22

Vossy seemed to forget his name (TDK) when asked about potential returns for this weeks game on SEN this morning (basically listed off Charlie, Harry, Gov etc) and then was specifically asked about TDK and was vague in his answer - said "oh yeah - he is in the mix" or something along those lines
I’m concerned that TdK was sitting in StKilda corporate against Carlton. JSoS as well. Does not sit well with me.

There seemed to be a Carlton official in the frame when the cut to TDK and Gubby. Was it a StK Corp Area or was it a Carlton one? If it was the latter, what was Gubby doing there?

“Hey look, Stephen’s son is over there. I am going to go and say hello.” It is very likely as simple as that.

Good to hear via Mitch Cleary that Doch is still aiming to be back for the Elimination Final.

Don’t know if the club will give any updates until the last minute but the fact that multiple media people are talking about his imminent return does suggest he’s close now with probably only a few hurdles left.

But the biggest hurdle is St Kilda!

So sometimes media rumours are in fact correct

Latest Injury Update 3rd September …

UPDATES on 12 Blues ahead of this week's elimination final:-

Sam Docherty (knee)
- Available for selection this week

Charlie Curnow (ankle)
- Availability: test

Harry McKay (quad)

Mitch McGovern (hamstring)

Jack Martin (hamstring)

Adam Cerra (hamstring)

Zac Williams (hamstring)

Tom De Koning (foot)

Jordan Boyd (adductor)
  • Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back