Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say AFL is a cut throat business. Only few make it. But the players and the teams that are successful are the ones that buy in, that believe!
Belief is a powerful thing. It comes through in how you hold yourself, how you talk, your tonality, your body language.
It comes from a unity that you’re driving towards the same goal. That’s what creates success.
The reason Carlton has finally turned a corner is because of this belief brought in by Vossy and Cook. The club is backing and believing itself, getting around and supporting our players that’s success.
To say we simply cut Marchy is madness.

The club will put their arms around him, support him and bring him back to his best.
What a motivator for the rest of the team, to know that your club has your back and supports you. The rest of the club will see this and moving forward Everyone will give the 1%’s Because they believe in the club and each other. Look at curnow and doc. Perfect examples. Look at what their resurgence means to the team. That’s what drives and makes successful teams.
Shattered for Marchy, this will build his resilience, he will come back stronger and give it his all and give them hell!!!
Let’s go Baggers!!!

Re the bolded; to link the arrival of Vossy, Cook or any others you care to bring up to the club suddenly supporting our players is drawing a very long bow.

The following six players have had a minimum of four and a half years on our list, in fact a combined total of 33 years for an average output of seven and a half games per season. Marchbank, Cuningham, Williamson, Stocker, Kennedy and O'Brien.

I reckon we have supported our players very well over the last few years, some I think perhaps too well.

Curnow and Doc have had horror runs and have both come back and dominated. No reason Marchy can't do the same (here's hoping).
Watch him on the pitch, he's not an AFL footballer, he's a Carlton player. You can see it. You don't let club players go, as they contribute more to the club than just what they do on the ground.

Remember "Mens sana in corpore sano", its not only about the physical part of the game

Play nice thanks folks and STAY ON TOPIC!

Mod Warning:-

Can people not read.

Enough is enough.

If it continues, thread bans/infractions will be handed out.

It's easy enough to play nice and not abuse or attack others.

Thanks all!

With Marchy Williams cunners be very close to the point at end of season to put 'em on ice and give solid pre season esp Williams -- suppose players need a carrot to push through re hab ..

Re the bolded; to link the arrival of Vossy, Cook or any others you care to bring up to the club suddenly supporting our players is drawing a very long bow.

The following six players have had a minimum of four and a half years on our list, in fact a combined total of 33 years for an average output of seven and a half games per season. Marchbank, Cuningham, Williamson, Stocker, Kennedy and O'Brien.

I reckon we have supported our players very well over the last few years, some I think perhaps too well.
There’s support and then there’s belief.
I’m referring to belief. Yes they’ve been on our list for a while but look at the turnaround this year since the arrival of Cook and Voss. The change is undeniable.

I appreciate and understand the frustration of the injuries, but I feel you missed the point of my post.

All good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no words. As for those calling him finished, again, I have no words…

I really liked this from the club

All we can do is support him through this period of his recovery, we have no doubt the Carlton faithful will do the same.

The club was basically warning fans 'hey, don't kick him while he's down'.

Sure, it's disappointing and upsetting for all of us. But we need to remember, no matter how annoyed we might be, can you imagine what he's going through (and been through)?. The guy has been through hell for years and hasn't given up. And it's not like he has gotten injured deliberately.

I do think it's fair game for people to be questioning his spot on the list, but a bit of respect (and maybe better timing) wouldn't hurt...

So, Sam Durdin, how do we pin this latest one on Russell? Asking for a friend

He looked fine after the game, maybe a slight niggle and a bit sore but wouldn’t surprise me that the coaches wanted to get some extra run into the game after Balta went off injured.

Thought he was exceptional for the amount of ball the defence had to defend

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He looked fine after the game, maybe a slight niggle and a bit sore but wouldn’t surprise me that the coaches wanted to get some extra run into the game after Balta went off injured.

Thought he was exceptional for the amount of ball the defence had to defend

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was strong in the aerial contests against pretty good opposition and 76 i50s.

Very solid first game, can't have been easy when he was playing SANFL and living in Adelaide a few weeks ago.

Fingers crossed it was very minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back