Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The data is on the AFL website and released every Tuesday if you're interested. What I'm saying is our injuries over a sustained period isn't up to scratch and needs to be addressed. It cost us a finals appearance last year. We played Walsh last year with a bad back which resulted in him requiring surgery.
This year soft tissue injuries are rampant see below. This doesn't include the impact injuries which are unavoidable.

Lob?
Cerra - Comes back for a half Reoccurs
What was fog out with early this year?
Mcgovern
Carroll?
Kemp
Walsh
Martin was calf
Marchy
Fisher
Cuners was calf
Honey
S Durdin did a hammy
Motlop
Owies calf?
You could go back and look yourself to clarify the list and the question marks

We're running over teams with strong Q4's every single week yet people want to blame the conditioning guy for a few hammy's :shrug:

He's not the conditioning guy. He's the head of high performance responsible for whoever is conditioning the players. Shocking soft tissue outcomes abound this year and our injury list is consistently into double digits. Every week, every year - except for when we were playing bruise free footy earlier this year.

Completely fair to question his department and put them all under the microscope.

Appeared to be running laps at a good clip last week. Would think he's not too far away.

A bit plain form the club with regards to any form of updates on SOS, Kennedy & Harry...

This time of year, with so much riding on every game, I have no issue with the club keeping things close to the chest with regards to key players returning from injury.

No need to give oppo sides any more notice than absolutely necessary on whether they need to plan around Harry, JSOS, Gov, Kemp, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy etc.

Maybe we will get to a point where our depth is so good our injury list doesn't matter, or maybe not.

The length of the list is is on the larger end of things. 3 knees which are really unpreventable. Three hamstrings which it would be better if we didn't have those. Two are to players who have had hamstring problems before and one is to a player who has had back issues and those two can be related so they are probably not totally unexpected.

I don't think our injury list wreaks of mismanagement. The three hamstrings raise an eyebrow a little but that can just happen.

I think perhaps not enough depth in the team in some areas could cause more injuries. Walsh and Cerra are two prime movers in the middle for us, perhaps we are another quick mid short to give them rotations? Could help prevent injuries there maybe or maybe it's just a bit of bad luck. McGovern has had a good run but perhaps dealing with a cork just upset his running style enough to aggravate a hamstring injury.

McKay, Kennedy, Durdin, Silvagni, Williams and Mirkov are just shit happens scenarios.

Luckily those are short term injuries to our better players. Hoping to field a very strong side against GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m out with hamstring soreness too. Flat pack, Pilates and breaking down 6 furniture boxes for hard waste, can hardly move

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No excuses

Even if you have to watch the game flat out on the couch, remote in hand. You will do it. You can't let the team down now!
:sneaky:

Bottom 6 sides don't play home games at Marvel outside of us. Here is the evidence for all the Russell advocates and our HPT.
What is a Russell advocate?

The ony thing I see are folks that back the club in and those that think they know better.

Topsy turvy situation though it has been, the club is passing all tests at the moment.

Bottom 6 sides don't play home games at Marvel outside of us. Here is the evidence for all the Russell advocates and our HPT.
Bit of a stretch to call it evidence Opium. No information on type of injury. Nor indeed if they were dropped rather than out because of Russell.

Given the other data on players in our side who have played the two's, it is not clear about anything.

What is a Russell advocate?

The ony thing I see are folks that back the club in and those that think they know better.

Topsy turvy situation though it has been, the club is passing all tests at the moment.
What do you consider backing the cub? Is providing a stat about our injuries and questioning our high performance team led by Russell which is the worst in the AFL based on statistics provided. Only two players have played every game. Statistically the worst in the league. This has been a common theme for many years not just a one off.
At what point do you expect better results from our HPT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back