List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Haynes is a free hit and Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll free kemp to move forward but we still need to address the KPD role.

Not sure what to make of Houston. Is that a high priority need at this stage??

We can get excited by good players like Houston & Petracca BUT it's a big risk and its' almost putting all your eggs in one basket.

I like the way the Hawks have buit and quite quickly. Draft picks and targeted cheap trades along with some start recruiting with names like Newcombe.

We have brought in Williams, McGovern, Saad all on big deals. While they have been okay they haven't been game changers. Paying first round picks and big money you need to be a game changer

Our best and most important players like Walsh Weitering Charlie McKay Cripps TDK were all draft picks

We traded in Newman, Acres and Hewett for cheap.

All are best 22 players.

We spent up to get Cerra and Saad. Saad great Cerra some red flags.

I think the cheap value approach makes way more sense.

Plenty of other examples around the league of big trades going pear shaped. Lachie Shultz for a top 10 pick and change....

We can get excited by good players like Houston & Petracca BUT it's a big risk and its' almost putting all your eggs in one basket.

I like the way the Hawks have buit and quite quickly. Draft picks and targeted cheap trades along with some start recruiting with names like Newcombe.

We have brought in Williams, McGovern, Saad all on big deals. While they have been okay they haven't been game changers. Paying first round picks and big money you need to be a game changer

Our best and most important players like Walsh Weitering Charlie McKay Cripps TDK were all draft picks
Yeah I agree.

Young hungry players energise the group tooā€¦as we saw on Sunday.

Can we see Kemp forward more than one game against the worst side of the last 3 years before we shop around Harry at CHB? Don't get me wrong, he was excellent Sunday, but need to see more of it before we decide to move a Coleman medalist into the backline.
Not sure it matters. Even if Kemp's ceiling is 1.5-2 goals per game, we're still probably ahead. We've got enough threats up forward without Harry, whereas we're leaking goals every week due to lack of a genuine second tall.

You don't need an elite forward line to win a premiership - you absolutely do need an elite defence.

Haynes is a free hit and Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll free kemp to move forward but we still need to address the KPD role.

Not sure what to make of Houston. Is that a high priority need at this stage??

Completely agree with your Haynes & Kemp thoughts.

Also agree with your thoughts on Houston. Is he that much of a 'need'?

Yes, a very good player but surely we have more pressing needs such as a young KPD, a speedy midfielder & a goalkicking small/medium forward before overspending on another player like Houston?

Feels like we're falling in love with the first player to blow us a kiss.

The immediate need for the list I would think is a second genuine key defender and a midfielder with pace. Behind that maybe a gun small forward.

Overpaying to pry out a contracted back flanker would not be the right play.
Only a rumour so I won't put too much weight to it, but I feel it would be a dumb move.
Are the Campo boys any good?
Do they want to play for Carlton?
How does dad feel about Carlton?

Asking as we have many average /good players. How is their durability?
Imho THE most important question we can ask for any new picks to our club.

Hi player x.
Can you tell us about your hammies?
DO you ever feel a twinge when playing?šŸ˜›

Jokingnotjoking.

More trades like Blacres, Hewett please..... guys who are best 22 at current club but are getting squeezed out by salary cap/team balance. (Elijah Hollands trade also a masterstroke, but we got lucky there on price).

None of this 2 x firsts rubbish. Players rarely end up worth the price.... Especially not for a 27yo. That's what free agency is for.

Also need some more kids & build up our VFL program.

The goal at the start of this rebuild was sustained success.

Given up a first rounder and second rounder is way overs in my opinion given his age. Bailey Smith at 23 is looking at a mid first rounder to get a deal done. I'd prefer to target Miles Bergman.
I agree, I said that a pick around 10 straight up would be about right. The rest is negotiation. I'd be willing to be a little overs, which in the end is just a swap of 2nd for 3rd next year, a year when we have NGAs so may not need the higher end picks as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree with your Haynes & Kemp thoughts.

Also agree with your thoughts on Houston. Is he that much of a 'need'?

Yes, a very good player but surely we have more pressing needs such as a young KPD, a speedy midfielder & a goalkicking small/medium forward before overspending on another player like Houston?

Feels like we're falling in love with the first player to blow us a kiss.
Maybe voss has a strong connection and wants him?

Malthouse wanted daisy and we lost betts šŸ¤¦

daisy was injured but still coaches having a strong connection to players from firmer club

Hopefully itā€™s not that.

1 is good, the other is meh - terrible footskills.

They also apparently have a habit of absolutely ripping into their teammates real bad. Not in a good competitive way either.
Well what's with the compulsion to have both? Are we collecting sets?

So not well brought up
..low eq? Or immature emotionally....how would that impacr our group?

Would other clubs want either of them?(is either player rated outside of Carlton?)

Could those picks be money better spent?

I get the Haynes rumour, just a solid 2nd defender in which we really need till we either recruit/draft a long term prospect.

I guess Dan Houston makes sense since most of our HB can't stay on the park.

They just need to get humbled, I am sure Cripps will give them a lesson and bring them down to earth.
Rubbish. They are high standard players, teammates trying to be heroes warrants a spray sometimes, never watched a game they've played and thought they were doing anything but show leadership and directing teammates etc

Rubbish. They are high standard players, teammates trying to be heroes warrants a spray sometimes, never watched a game they've played and thought they were doing anything but show leadership and directing teammates etc

Fair enough, there is finding balanced showing leadership and being an outright dick spraying someone.

Hun

Moneyball: Carlton keeping fringe forward Matthew Owies in the dark on new deal, out of Houston race​

Did Jon Ralph just report that Jack Martin is about to be offered another contract? šŸ¤Æ

Carlton small forward Jack Martin is also set to receive a contract offer and while suitors had been keen on him he has broken down in two of the three games he has played this year.

As an aside, really irks me when people refer to Martin as a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back