List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Hun

Moneyball: Carlton keeping fringe forward Matthew Owies in the dark on new deal, out of Houston race​

Dumb article, states that Port wont get close to their request of two first rounders, then states we are out of the race because our picks are tied up on the twins, last rankings had them in the 30s and 40s.

Fair enough, there is finding balanced showing leadership and being an outright dick spraying someone.
We've had an ongoing parade of hacks over the last 30 years....a percentage of our list..plus some hero players expected to carry the burden.
I know nothing about these boys but I do know they need to have real abiliity at the top level and durable bodies.

The immediate need for the list I would think is a second genuine key defender and a midfielder with pace. Behind that maybe a gun small forward.

Overpaying to pry out a contracted back flanker would not be the right play.
Only a rumour so I won't put too much weight to it, but I feel it would be a dumb move.

This is why I would like to see us trial Silvagni, Lemmey or even O'Keefe as a KPD. If it comes off it really changes our list dynamic. All of a sudden we have a KPD and are not overloaded with fwd/rucks

Things like Kemp forward, Williams forward and Hollands to HB can really improve your list dramatically

The other key point is how well will Wilson, Lord, Binns, Moir, O'Keefe, Motlop, Cincotta, Cowan etc come on next year?

This on top of getting Cerra, Walsh, Docherty, Silvagni injury free

It's very easy to look outside BUT IMO our greatest improvement in 2025 will come from within if we are smart and open to options

We've had an ongoing parade of hacks over the last 30 years....a percentage of our list..plus some hero players expected to carry the burden.
I know nothing about these boys but I do know they need to have real abiliity at the top level and durable bodies.

Unless any of us posters of them know them personally hard to judge their character, all I want to know is if they can play.

It is unfair that Collingwood have F/S carrying their club!

Unless any of us posters of them know them personally hard to judge their character, all I want to know is if they can play.

It is unfair that Collingwood have F/S carrying their club!

I'd hold off

We have someone named Silvagni, are about to get 2 x Camporeales and there is 2 Walkers coming through who look amazing

Owies has kicked 3 goals in a game 6 times this year.

For a small crumber, thatā€™s decent.

Pretty sure he'd be in the top 3 goal scorers at any club...

People whinge about what he doesn't do without focusing on what he does do.

We'd be idiots to let him go... but hey we did with Betts so nothing surprises me...

Are the Campo boys any good?
Do they want to play for Carlton?
How does dad feel about Carlton?

Asking as we have many average /good players. How is their durability?
Imho THE most important question we can ask for any new picks to our club.

Hi player x.
Can you tell us about your hammies?
DO you ever feel a twinge when playing?šŸ˜›

Jokingnotjoking.

I've only looked at video the Campos - I wouldn't be getting to excited. Ben looks a hard worker, tough, and a bit of a ball magnet but really questionable disposal (even handballs ??). Really not sure how it will hold under the furnace of senior AFL football.

Having said that, they have good breeding and I have seen over the years sometime the sons can be slow developers and not really excel at junior level but just have 'it' at senior level and in a good football program.

I've only looked at video the Campos - I wouldn't be getting to excited. Ben looks a hard worker, tough, and a bit of a ball magnet but really questionable disposal (even handballs ??). Really not sure how it will hold under the furnace of senior AFL football.

Having said that, they have good breeding and I have seen over the years sometime the sons can be slow developers and not really excel at junior level but just have 'it' at senior level and in a good football program.
Worth the risk then, in you opinion. šŸ™‚

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really sorry, I'm sure Jack is a nice person.

Under no conditions should Jack be getting another contract. Not even on the rookie list. He is simply not up to playing AFL football consistently enough.

I wonder if Sydney may want to move up the order (if they have their eye on someone further up the draft)

We could trade them picks 11 & 31 for their picks 18 & 19.

Breaks even in terms of draft pick points.

Would give us more trading capital and, at worst, would give us 2 first round picks.

Not sure. The way we delivered it inside 50 on weekend was awesome. I see it more of a coaching issue
We did look good thatā€™s true, but West Coast were patheticā€¦no pressure at all or defensive running after watching the replay yesterday it was pretty damming how bad they were, yes we were good but

Not sure. The way we delivered it inside 50 on weekend was awesome. I see it more of a coaching issue
I agree. To the layman's eye our forward craft won't be solved merely by better kicking inside 50. Particularly when we set up front and centre for long bombs which effectively blocks leading lanes.

We did look good thatā€™s true, but West Coast were patheticā€¦no pressure at all or defensive running after watching the replay yesterday it was pretty damming how bad they were, yes we were good but

Pressure at times was very high and that's when we stepped up. There was a definite change in process and it worked. I believe we have a good kicking side. Issue is when Harry/Charlie are there we just bomb it in. No point having great kicks if the instruction is to kick long to our talls. That's coaching IMO not skills and one player doesn't change that

Did Jon Ralph just report that Jack Martin is about to be offered another contract? šŸ¤Æ

As an aside, really irks me when people refer to Martin as a small forward.
If we re-sign Jack Martin I'll be livid. We cannot keep holding onto these injury prone guys, absolutely cooks our depth and makes those who play every game absolutely cooked by the end of the year. Cunners, Marchy, Martin, all need to go at the minimum.

Houston's kicking kinda reminds me of Doc at his prime...

a massive get if we can get it done.

Big issue may be how well Docherty comes back next year. He looks awesome on the track

He is 31 at start of year. Only played 166 games. Coming back from knee I would settle him back in defence. With Elijah Williams Binns Cottrell Fogarty Moir etc we don't need him around HF/Wing anymore

Doc is a beautiful kick and a smart ball user. He made his name as a defender and its his best role. He creates

Imagine Docherty Ollie Cowan Cincotta Boyd Wilson as running defender options. With Saad & Newman it's a great combination of youth and experience

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back