List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Austin doesnt get distracted by Houston and miss a second key stoppage based defender.

It would be seriously frustrating if he misses it again.

Opposition teams strategy...drag Weitering away from the ball; kick it to either Kemp/Mcgovern/Young's opponent. Score goals.

Weits to CHBā€¦

Hopefully Austin doesnt get distracted by Houston and miss a second key stoppage based defender.

Opposition teams strategy...drag Weitering away from the ball; kick it to either Kemp/Mcgovern/Young's opponent. Score goals.
know anyone

What role/position do people genuinely think doc will play in 2025?
I love the guy but thought the game was moving faster than him and his kicking
Curious what role others see him playing as if everyone is fit (haha funny I know) Iā€™m not sure heā€™s an auto selection..donā€™t shoot me

I want to see him back at HB. 31, three knees but he is a creator and good ball user

His leadership with the developing Boyd Cincotta Cowan Wilson Ollie would be gold

Wouldnt hate a 1 year deal on a fairly base level salary. When fit, easily in our best 22.
ā€œWhenā€
Not enough evidence yet BCFC?
Clearly his body is not up to it. open a spot up for a player that can become a more permanently healthy reliable optionā€¦

Last edited:
We should go after Perryman as a free agent will be similar to George and wouldnā€™t cost a draft pick if we can afford 700-750K a year.

Can play mid wing or shutdown defender and only 25. Also think a good target would be Dougal Howard will be cheap and still only 28, was very good for PA hasnā€™t quite come on for STK but I think will thrive under weitering.

Keep our first rounder this year and get the best available small forward. Not a fan of Haynes already have plenty of intercept defenders and it will only be for 1-2 years plus not always on the park.

Iā€™m on board with getting Houston as our half backs are our oldest players on the ground. If we believe we are in the premiership window in the next few years then heā€™s the right sort of player and age to bring in.

Definitely canā€™t neglect to bring in another durable KPD though. Although thereā€™s not many what Iā€™d consider good viable options. Haynes isnā€™t a genuine KPD.

We also canā€™t neglect the draft this year as we need to bring in young talent ahead of Tasmania. Iā€™m not overly sold on the Campo lads as much as I hope they prove me wrong.

Also on McKay, there is no way we trade him. Basically not for any player in the comp. I heard Macrae in a press conference today say every club would love a Curnow or McKay but theyā€™re not easy to get. Exactly. You donā€™t throw away gun key forwards as they are the hardest position on the field to fill.

That is just wrong.
Kemp was playing on bigger opponents and was outsized. Had little hope.
Young is our second best 1v1 and rarely loses his contests. Nice story.
McGovern - you bet. waterman was their only hope and guess who was minding him?
1 out of 3 ainā€™t bad I suppose.

I don't usually get involved in the rumour space.

Not that this is news really but maybe just put more weight behind it, Haynes and Houston should be at the club next year.
Port have said they require at least 2 X 1st rounders to get the trade for !Houston done. I know he's an AA, but I just can't see any club, let alone us, giving this up for a 28yo.

Port have said they require at least 2 X 1st rounders to get the trade for !Houston done. I know he's an AA, but I just can't see any club, let alone us, giving this up for a 28yo.

Future picks & 3 way trades gets these deals done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should go after Perryman as a free agent will be similar to George and wouldnā€™t cost a draft pick if we can afford 700-750K a year.

Can play mid wing or shutdown defender and only 25. Also think a good target would be Dougal Howard will be cheap and still only 28, was very good for PA hasnā€™t quite come on for STK but I think will thrive under weitering.

Keep our first rounder this year and get the best available small forward. Not a fan of Haynes already have plenty of intercept defenders and it will only be for 1-2 years plus not always on the park.
Wouldn't be against Perryman, offers some positional flexibility as you've noted.

I'm higher on Howard than some others, my question is around salary, as I believe he went across to St Kilda on a decent contract but slotting him in as a more dour FB, frees up Weitering to play a more assertive role at CHB.

Getting in early, Iā€™d take Rachele.
Iā€™m the same, exactly the player we lack. If weā€™re giving up our first on someone Iā€™d prefer it be him. Also think we can get him in the cap as Iā€™d imagine heā€™d be on the same as Hayward. If the cap is an issue Iā€™d be ok with us giving up Owies to make room for Rachele.

Iā€™m the same, exactly the player we lack. If weā€™re giving up our first on someone Iā€™d prefer it be him. Also think we can get him in the cap as Iā€™d imagine heā€™d be on the same as Hayward. If the cap is an issue Iā€™d be ok with us giving up Owies to make room for Rachele.

Iā€™m all in because I donā€™t think itā€™ll take a first at this rate with whatā€™s going on at the moment at that club.

If Iā€™m not mistaken, heā€™s a Baggers fan is he not?

That is just wrong.
Kemp was playing on bigger opponents and was outsized. Had little hope.
Young is our second best 1v1 and rarely loses his contests. Nice story.
McGovern - you bet. waterman was their only hope and guess who was minding him?
1 out of 3 ainā€™t bad I suppose.

'Wrong' is just your perspective because I left a bit of information out that would 'potentially' placate you. Probably not but ill give it an attempt.

If I included the words 'Kemp has been thrown out of his weight class in defence' so less his fault than the clubs, you might not be aggrieved. If i further said he is a good 3rd tall forward option or a 4th defensive option you would be less angered by my comments. I just can't post every bit of context for Kemp every time i post. I've felt the club have thrown Kemp to the wolves this season.

I guess you are still not happy with Young's comment either. My context for young is that he can defend on his terms. That is, if he gets a free run and jump he can defend or mark. If not a free run at the ball unimpeded, he is weak in holding his legs. On top of that, he kicks sideways after holding the ball in his hands for 5+ seconds. He allows opposition teams to set up defensively he is that slow. Young has no courage with his kicking as indicated by his career metres gained stat. young is terrible with ball on the ground/in dispute - all at sea. They are my points. I'm ok to differ with you on young and that you see him as a very good defender. Each to their own.

Personally of course, i got 3 out of 3 right.

courtesy of Walshyā€™s tips, I have a Berry poster on one bedroom wall and a Travaliga one on the other. Iā€™m stuffed if Iā€™m ripping either of them down for a Dan Houston one. Letā€™s head to the draft.

Talk on the Freo board that Switkowski still heading back to Vic this off season.

Houston
Switkowski
Haynes
2024 First round draft pick
Ben + Lucas Campo

Wouldn't be a bad haul if we could pull it off. Feel like a name would have to go to fit everyone.

Some guy in the Trac thread saying Trac is 100% in play for the Blues too, Cerra and TDK names that have been thrown up.

Talk on the Freo board that Switkowski still heading back to Vic this off season.

Houston
Switkowski
Haynes
2024 First round draft pick
Ben + Lucas Campo

Wouldn't be a bad haul if we could pull it off. Feel like a name would have to go to fit everyone.

Some guy in the Trac thread saying Trac is 100% in play for the Blues too, Cerra and TDK names that have been thrown up.

Ignore, posted the same on our Board.

Obvious attention seeking troll is obvious šŸ˜‰

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back