Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be considering a Kemp trade unless we’re getting serious overs from a trade standpoint, and I mean a proper win that melts BF/TR/etc, AND have a replacement tall/key player obtained (likely from elsewhere) who could reasonably be expected to play at the level from round 1.

Ignoring the replacement player component, SOS would probably open his offer with an exchange of future 5th round picks so there’s no point anyway..

What about...
Bailey Smith to Cats for 17 & 38
Daniels + 38 to North for 25 & 44
Kennedy to Dogs for pick 25

For Dogs it's...
In: Picks 17 & 44, Kennedy
Out: Smith, Daniels

Rates Smith and Daniels at the equivalent of pick 11 + Kennedy

What about...
Bailey Smith to Cats for 17 & 38
Daniels + 38 to North for 25 & 44
Kennedy to Dogs for pick 25

For Dogs it's...
In: Picks 17 & 44, Kennedy
Out: Smith, Daniels

Rates Smith and Daniels at the equivalent of pick 11 + Kennedy

What do we get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing the Caleb or McRae trades?
SOS making it contingent on a McRae trade to pressure us into a trade for either his son or Kemp?

Used to watch Kemp's games in the 2's on CFC TV and rated him on a wing, could probably play mid and has huge upside.

Jack is honest but we have leverage over Jack: "You rate your son at only Pick x?"

Our performance and drafting in the past has had more failures than Kouta's business attempts.

I honestly feel this is one of the best performances for a long time. Some hard calls have, and had to be made.

Pick the right kid, give some of the reserves players a decent run and who knows?

On a side note, Aints are still looking for a 2nd ruck-man. would we get any value offering Pitto?

Someone really has to explain this to me like I'm stupid. Cos I'm struggling to see where it's bad for them.

They pick up two future 1st round picks for whoever is coming through their academy next year.

They add a 2nd round pick that helps them get Lombardo.

They ditch the horrendous $1.2 million salary attached to Lukosiuos for 2025 and 2026.

They ditch the final year of Atkins $400K.

Struggling to see how its bad. They have everything they wanted.
Agree. Gold Coast and Collingwood are thee big winners in this trade.

I think Port are the losers imo. Port's given up Houston, a double AA contracted for 3 more years, and a F1.
In return they get #13, Lukosiuos, and a couple of B/C graders in Richards and Atkins.

Our performance and drafting in the past has had more failures than Kouta's business attempts.

I honestly feel this is one of the best performances for a long time. Some hard calls have, and had to be made.

Pick the right kid, give some of the reserves players a decent run and who knows?

On a side note, Aints are still looking for a 2nd ruck-man. would we get any value offering Pitto?

Kouta's about to add a very public failure to his list of failures in a few weeks time.

Absolutely no on Pitto. We need him.

Someone really has to explain this to me like I'm stupid. Cos I'm struggling to see where it's bad for them.

They pick up two future 1st round picks for whoever is coming through their academy next year.

They add a 2nd round pick that helps them get Lombardo.

They ditch the horrendous $1.2 million salary attached to Lukosiuos for 2025 and 2026.

They ditch the final year of Atkins $400K.

Struggling to see how its bad. They have everything they wanted.

It was a good deal for GC.

Port absolutely laughable. I bet WCE supporters furious about the pick 3 Owies deal will sleep a lot sounder tonight knowing they didn't do the worst trade of this trade period (so far)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back