Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont mind this move. Sure you dont want to fill up your list with old players when you have an ageing list , but we dont- we have a young list and a huge gap in the 24-28 age group. We hopefully are bringing in Papley, butler and Martin that will add to the 24-28 group.
Eddie may be past his best but I fully expect him to be energized by his return to his spiritual home. DT knows his leadership and cultural positives and that is so important . I see this as a Hodge type appointment, and like Hodge, Eddies on field performance may have a few people eating crow(he he) If we have Doc marshalling the troops down back, cripps in the middle and eddie up forward, then we will start to get the best out of our young list. If eddie is after 2 years and the coin is reasonable, then i think the positives far out way the negatives .

No but his output wasn't far off AA forward Charlie Cameron...in a supposedly down year on a dysfunctional team. More tackles, more goal assists which are key measures...half a goal less a game. He's still a top tier small forward

People might be getting a bit touchy here.I'm not questioning what he did this year. I just dont want people to set their expectations too high. Dont set him up to fail, that imo would be unfair to him. If he plays for us I will have no pre-determined expectations.

People might be getting a bit touchy here.I'm not questioning what he did this year. I just dont want people to set their expectations too high. Dont set him up to fail, that imo would be unfair to him. If he plays for us I will have no pre-determined expectations.
Not touchy, just think his actual output this year has been a little brushed over. All the focus seems to be in his age and the GC games...by any measure he is still a dynamo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what ever you want to call it

I don’t think a wingman or half back flanker is what we need, Martin pushes a good young player out of the team eg Williamson or O’Brien plus we have to pay him over 500k and give up a decent pick.

FWIW, IMO, not bothered. Martin is better than both of them, and not sure there is a spot for Williamson anyways. Not going to hurt O'Brien to play some VFL, or any of the young guys for that matter.

Somebody give me strength
know someone who can hit you up..........

9313622-3x2-700x467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back