Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he though? Not this year or last year he hasn't been.

Viney had the worst/lowest kicking efficiency % this season I believe. Honestly think he is overrated and not really a player we terribly need (admittedly I don't like him, he strikes as too much of a jock, like Biff Tannen from Back to The Future)

Jack Martin has chosen Carlton.

This has been communicated to me from someone in the top end of town.

This is the place for this, right? RUMOUR file.

So to the Moderator who keeps deleting my posts please stop, drop your grudge, and do what is best for this site and the people who come here for in-the-know info.

Take a step back and think for a moment - your posts in the bluemour thread didn't say anything aside from what has already been shared AND written in the media. Even if another source has confirmed it to you (which is great), it's probably not worth repeating in the bluemour file when there's already a couple of posts on it in there and you didn't initially post any further info - just that Martin had picked us.

People have alerts on the thread. When someone bumps it, we get a push notification. So unless something is illuminating, it can be frustrating to see a post which is a repeat of something only a few minutes before and/or seems like an accidental discussion post rather than a bluemour.

And to clarify - I'm not a mod on this board and didn't delete your posts. I just saw them and am pointing out what the likely rationale was.

Giants are quite lucky or astute in that they have pretty much kept all their elite players and managed to cash in and get overs for perceived A Graders like Adams, Treloar and most recently, Shiel.

They certainly draft well and trade hard. Much more professionally run than The Suns (although to be fair, they got significantly more start up concessions than Gold Coast)

Yep. GWS got looked after far more. Huge concessions. Revolving door of young players leaving for high draft picks and competently drafting replacement gun young players, rinse and repeat, like a revolving door.

GCS were basically a basket case from year 2.

Hopefully Teague gets jack to play to his strengths and have fun. Russell will sort Martin out
This may have also been a huge factor. Money was probably a fair way down Jack's list, with Crippa, SPS and co a potential factor and Teague and his coaching influence/style the other, which has been seldom mentioned (if at all) lately.

Something Mick Agresta said on the Road to the Draft pod stuck with me. He said, "players talk". Zero doubt Jack would've been in talks with a few of our players in the past few weeks. You can bet one of the first things they said to him was spruiking Teaguey and how much they're enjoying the place since he took over.

Teague is EXACTLY the type of coach and has the philosophy that would unlock a player of Martin's talent if he has been played out of position and not been enjoying his footy.

Last edited:
But Cripps is one of the big reasons why we wouldn't want another 190cm+ midfielder. He's a beast in the contest but lack of speed and endurance (relative to other mids) means he can't fully cover his opponent defensively and we need someone like Walsh to pick up the slack. You can't have multiple oversized mids or the opposition mids will kick half a dozen goals each.

Tomlinson isn't a centre square midfielder, he's a winger with a decent tank and decent disposal.

Having a few wings that have decent disposal is what we lack.

Was just about to post the same BH.

Saw it earlier this morning on Twitter and thought nothing of it until now.

Todd Viney leaving Melbourne could be related to Jack.

On the other hand, Melb is undergoing a major coaching cleanout. And presumably some major soul-searching after a hugely disappointing season.

At the very least, it's curious timing....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People actually have alerts for the bluemour thread ? ... how can I create an alert for Electric Blues posts ? ... anyone ? ... :p ...

If you create an alert for the bluemour thread, I will do my best to make sure you receive alerts for Electric Blue's posts within a couple of mins :p

People actually have alerts for the bluemour thread ? ... how can I create an alert for Electric Blues posts ? ... anyone ? ... :p ...
Yeah it's in the options somewhere. Click the poster's avatar and hit follow or some such.

Everyone you follow will appear in your newsfeed. This is accessible in your profile drop-down menu up the top.

It seems to me now that what is being alluded to, is not so much about players we've missed out on but for the reasons we did miss out.

I was told we missed out on Quentin Lynch because Andy McKay greeted him at the club in a tracksuit and that put him off.

Yeah it's in the options somewhere. Click the poster's avatar and hit follow or some such.

Everyone you follow will appear in your newsfeed. This is accessible in your profile drop-down menu up the top.
And additionally, you can go to the list of people you're following and set an alert for when they post. Handy for the ITKs who pretty much only post things they hear.

In other words don't set alerts for thylacine60, HBF or ferrisb unless you want your phone battery life reduced to 20 minutes from all the buzzing :)

Agreed. Do not want Viney. Small man syndrome.
Adding Papley and Viney in one off-season would give us a harder edge and give Cripps so much support. For too long we haven't been hard enough. Not saying I want us to be unsociable or bullies, but a little of that goes a long way.

Both of these guys are absolute terriers and would give us some fight in the middle and forward 50. If our main metric (as per Agresta) is competitiveness, these two epitomise it and would be high targets because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back