Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously, some of you seem to forget (or are unaware) that time and timing is one of the greatest assets for any negotiator.

Why rush deals? Makes you look desperate and you will then over pay.

Re Betts, where else would he go? It’s clear he’s crossed the Rubicon so let that get done later.

I am sure there are other trades being done by other clubs that might open up picks later, so you sit and survey and strike when something that works happens.

You generally don’t go to a house auction and bid first save the very odd occasion where you might.

Really don't want Treloar at Carlton cause he is a big head with more tickets on himself than President Trump.

Also, I doubt The Pies would ever trade to him to us willingly.
I thought exactly the same thing. Also thought we dodged a bullet when we were interested and he went to Collingwood.
BUT, I saw an interview with him not long after Spud died, and it was about his (Treloar's) own struggle with Anxiety and mental health issues. Not only was he very humble, but seemed very sincere, and had some nice things to say about Spud even though he'd never really met him. I still think he sprays a few too many kicks but i couln't have been more wrong about his personality. A really quiet and humble type bloke.

Seriously, some of you seem to forget (or are unaware) that time and timing is one of the greatest assets for any negotiator.

Re Betts, where else would he go? It’s clear he’s crossed the Rubicon so let that get done later.

I am sure there are other trades being done by other clubs that might open up picks later, so you sit and survey and strike when something that works happens.

You generally don’t go to a house auction and bid first save the very odd occasion where you might.
you sound the clever type. are you in the know?

I thought exactly the same thing. Also thought we dodged a bullet when we were interested and he went to Collingwood.
BUT, I saw an interview with him not long after Spud died, and it was about his (Treloar's) own struggle with Anxiety and mental health issues. Not only was he very humble, but seemed very sincere, and had some nice things to say about Spud even though he'd never really met him. I still think he sprays a few too many kicks but i couln't have been more wrong about his personality. A really quiet and humble type bloke.
Could be a case of having a very punchable head and a certain swagger onfield that just makes him appear like a flog to most.

Great post .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers, MLo.

I went to an auction once, my wife had never been to one, so I said she could put in our first bid, she went first and yelled out our ceiling price 🤦‍♂️ Got to two bangs of the hammer until someone else went higher. She was never allowed to come to an auction again

Could be the Swans do not have the salary cap space to fit in Daniher and need to trade a few players out. Also they have a few highly rated academy players next year and possibly looking for early draft picks.

Swans are probably due a bit of a rebuild and guys like Parker have currency.

Not sure they would want to trade papley given he is a little younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back