- We're Ready
Clearly referencing Eddie being reunited with Carlton

Also Boston is known for the Boston Tea Party
The Tea Party in the US is heavily associated with the Koch Brothers
Kochie is from Adelaide, his first name is David
David from Adelaide is code for Teague
Teague to be reunited with Eddie

C'mon people....IT'S OBVIOUS!!!

(inb4 people point out that the picture posted by 10CP is Mookie Betts)

Seriously though - How much haggling is required.

You buy a house at auction within a few minutes but we need days to come to a figure that satisfies both parties?
I can't imagine how this would work. How many times would you want to be going back and forth on a figure?
Reid: You'll take his whole contract? 3rd round pick?
SOS: 200 and a future 5th.
Reid: Ok, we'll pay 50.
SOS: We'll pay 200 and a future 5th.
Reid: Hang on, let me get back to you tomorrow.

Reid: 100 and a 3rd?
SOS: 200 and a future 5th. *hangs up*

Reid: Hi Stephen, think you dropped out there. 150 and a 3rd?
SOS: Ahh, no. Now Justin, I need you to go and talk to Ricciuto and tell him he's got to bring more to the table. Call me tomorrow.

Reid: Hi Stephen, half and a 3rd?
SOS: I'll get someone to send you the paperwork now. It's half and a future 4th, cheers mate *hangs up*

If the Betts deal is done....why isn't it done?
What happens that holds things over, if the agreement is in place? Why not just lodge the deal with the AFL?

This happens quite often and I understand when some back-ended picks need to be shuffled but when it's a player for a pick - Why the hold-up?

My guess is that Adelaide are holding off other moves until the reported pick swap with GWS is finalised

What's Bonar done to warrant our interest and a good pick? (Legit question)

My recollection is when he was drafted he was a boom or bust type who had spectacular physical attributes but injury history (a few knees) and questionable footy smarts.

If he's a couple of years in and the latter two issues are still there.......... gee we'd want to be pretty confident he's going to be a star to sling a good pick for him.

I love the idea of sending our 2020 first rounder out, but not for a "maybe". For bonafide midfield help IMMEDIATELY and for the next 5 years, yes, absolutely, trade that pick.
As much as Bonar 'sounds' like the player we need, you have persuaded me that they need to stick fat for a 'proven' mid, should one become available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t stand the idea of having Bonar, played all my junior footy with him and it would be too weird having him at Carlton.

I want to share a story on this:

A few years ago, Dyson had a warehouse sale, I ran down there first thing and got a stickvac for $200 off. Feeling pretty good about myself. Sent my boss in the next day and it was down another $100. My eagerness to get it as quick as possible lost me $100. Big lesson learnt that day.

My point is chill the f out, let things play out as they may. If you've already got your deals done it makes it harder if something pops up that can be incorporated into the existing deal that delivers an even better response.

Papley is going to Carlton
Betts is going to Carlton
Martin is going to Carlton
Pav will eventually get to Carlton

Ignore the posturing of the media, the managers and the hysteria of the forum.

End.

I too have a story. Not long ago, I asked one of the older blokes st work, to head out and buy a new drill set and have him the credit card, at the end of the day, he came back with the kit and a smile on his face.

He said he went to 5 different shops after seeing the price was different at all the stores and got the kit for a ripping price, he thought he’d saved the company $250.

The guy spent the best part of a day, going from store to store, in an effort to save $250.

We charge him out at $130ph.

The point: If you know what you want and you know a fair price, get the job done, you then open up yourself for increased productivity and the possibility to find other bargains.

The Maher and Murphy show is abysmal. Murphy has zero radio personality and half the time mumbles in some droll tone that is inaudible. Maher needs to find a new sparring partner.

Wow. I tkn they are easily the best pairing on SEN. Great chemistry.

Got a feeling we might jag Aiden Bonar next week with our future first.

Papley and Martin for 9, 43 and 48 (via some pick shuffling)
Betts for a future fourth.
Bonar and change for our future second.

EDITED: Taking on board some feedback on Bonar's value, which I think is completely valid.

Think he's a fair target though - subject to medical.

Future 1st for a former pick 11 who hasn’t fired a shot and has injury concerns? That’s crazy, surely Setters trade would be a good comparison.

I’ve heard directly from a list manager that Essendon and Dodoro are in fact very keen on Papley and Papley is open to going there. Not saying our ITKs are wrong ... clearly, just saying there is opposing talk out there in the corridors or Marvel stadium
This would hurt.
Rather a lot actually.
However I trust in the ITK's.

I will be trying to pry Hately off them.
I really like Hately but reckon he's the heir apparent to 29yo Ward. They'll see him and Hopper as the inside workhorses for the future.

Caldwell behind Kelly, Coniglio & Taranto as inside/outside mids. Whitfield and Williams the outside runners.

Bonar appears more inside than out and might be behind both Hately & Caldwell so he's the one of the 3 that might be obtainable without paying through the teeth.

there was a rumour about bonar on here months ago.

sadly I am far too lazy to look for it.

Also, because I have the memory of an elephant I want to link back to what was said about Jack Martin before playing his first game:

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/ce5a749551f49250ec3340552a254c2f

Good discovery and thanks for the link, succinctly put in the courier mail Jack’s an amazing talent. Eddie will be worth every cent if he can somehow help him realize he's potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back