Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upset with Sydney. Apparently it’s okay for the swans to chase Daniher and have no qualms about Daniher breaking his contract, but don’t apply the same principle to Papley. Hypocrisy and double standards.

I reckon they would have traded Papley if the Daniher deal went through as our pick 9 was part of the deal. Once that fell over, Paps was staying.
Bombers being difficult ended everything.

I reckon they would have traded Papley if the Daniher deal went through as our pick 9 was part of the deal. Once that fell over, Paps was staying.
Bombers being difficult ended everything.

I don't think the Bombers are to blame here. They can do what they like, to me this is all on Tom Harley. They could have traded Papley without getting Daniher, and unlike the Daniher and (previously) Gibbs situations, there's no suggestion the trade on offer was not satisfactory. They just point blank refused to let go of the player probably pretty much regardless of the trade. Even in the Gibbs trade it was clear we would have let him go for a certain price (what they paid the following year).

They have every right to act in their own interests, but Sydney were the most unreasonable team in this trade period and deserve all the scorn.

Swans were happy trying to recruit Daniher a contracted player, Yet one of their own wanted to leave and they block them.
They were trying to recruit Daniher without paying. They offered our 9 and next years first and that was it.
If they offered that and a player that could fill the void ala Ben Reid et al it would have got done.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They were trying to recruit Daniher without paying. They offered our 9 and next years first and that was it.
If they offered that and a player that could fill the void ala Ben Reid et al it would have got done.

without paying?

9 and next year's first is a pretty dam good offer. They were right not to offer more, just like us.

No doubt but they were still as a club pursuing a contracted player, while declining to let their own go despite a very fair offer.. which they failed to give * the respect of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the Bombers are to blame here. They can do what they like, to me this is all on Tom Harley. They could have traded Papley without getting Daniher, and unlike the Daniher and (previously) Gibbs situations, there's no suggestion the trade on offer was not satisfactory. They just point blank refused to let go of the player probably pretty much regardless of the trade. Even in the Gibbs trade it was clear we would have let him go for a certain price (what they paid the following year).

They have every right to act in their own interests, but Sydney were the most unreasonable team in this trade period and deserve all the scorn.

Agree, but I think it was evident pretty early Paps would stay if Daniher didn't get to Sydney. The old 'one in, one out'.

I don't actually blame any party really. Each club is entitled to act in their best interests. In this case, the planets didn't align.

Sos absolutely new what he was doing this trade period IMO
Most of us blinked and shat ourselves whilst sos’s eyelids where pealed wide open.
He new all along that the scenario that played out with Martin could well become reality at the end of the trade period, then calmly flicked the switch over to plan b and said thank u very much Martin will now come on board for donuts.
Just take the risk on Bennell now and watch him take off under eddies tutoring and look out next year imo
More like deliberately offering unders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back