Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more than content.

One a highly talented footballer who provides exactly what we need, for no draft picks.

And another talented young player to add to the pile.

Not an off-season for the ages, but better than most teams' hauls in any given year.
I agree to an extent. I just think that this is the off-season to be brave/adventurous around list management. Changes to list sizes and salary caps will provide opportunities that a smart list manager will jump on. I'd like to think that might be us.

Last edited:

The Graham situation is very strange to me.

Let’s face it, Richmond are quite likely to be playing for a premiership and he is a fringe best 22 guy. Who comes out a month ahead of that and says they are 50:50 to stay at the end of the year?

Surely that puts team selection pressure on? If he gets dropped for a prelim or GF, they’re basically pushing him out the door. If they select him, they’re basically telling him to stay.

I’d be furious as a club at him doing this publicly because of that reason. Sure, he might be genuinely 50/50 but I reckon this is more of an ambit claim - he’s got $ on the table from us, so this is to get Richmond to commit to him now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs a new contract within a fortnight tbh

Ben Brown is a steal waiting to happen. Bloke kicked 180 goals in three years lol. Could we fit him in? Upgrade on Levi surely.

Collingwood or Hawthorn I would have thought. Plus we have more pressing needs.

The Graham situation is very strange to me.

Let’s face it, Richmond are quite likely to be playing for a premiership and he is a fringe best 22 guy. Who comes out a month ahead of that and says they are 50:50 to stay at the end of the year?

Surely that puts team selection pressure on? If he gets dropped for a prelim or GF, they’re basically pushing him out the door. If they select him, they’re basically telling him to stay.

I’d be furious as a club at him doing this publicly because of that reason. Sure, he might be genuinely 50/50 but I reckon this is more of an ambit claim - he’s got $ on the table from us, so this is to get Richmond to commit to him now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs a new contract within a fortnight tbh

He hasn’t said anything publicly, has he?

I think the board is getting over excited with this rotten tomatoes approach to rumour monger evaluation. rumours give us fodder for discussion, we can all choose how much we buy into them as individuals and most importantly they have no impact on real world outcomes.

I don’t want to get preachy but it’s weird to me that people get exercised over this stuff. I know we make emotional investments in the club and footy generally but getting agitated at something so inconsequential is odd to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about mcclure on 360 having a go at mitch and the kids. 🤮 needs to calm down

McClure or Maclure? If it's Maclure it's no great surprise, just take it with a grain of salt. I can only imagine. If someone sees it let us know what he's had to say, I'm sure it's very entertaining.

It's the only night I record it, fast forward to McClure watch it for as long as he is on then delete it
Me too usually but I thought we wouldn't get a mention now it's finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back