Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Didn't even know Stephenson was playing until I read on Collingwood's board that he is lol.

Not sure he's even touched it. Sure tough conditions for a forward but all he's good for is getting on the end of easy ball and kicking goals...when it gets tough he's useless. Not a tough, defensive bone in his body. Collingwood posters are sick of him.

2 disposals at 3/4 time...

If Collingwood are in cap trouble then go for J.Elliott.
Sure he has risks attached due to injury but I'd rather gamble on a player who might have to be in medical rehabilitation then criminal rehabilitation.
Love him.

Yet another season, where a so call elite ruckman won't win a flag

Give me a ruck/forward or one that pushes forward, any day of the week

Looking at you TDK

Now, I want another

Not sure you're a fan of Pitto since you've excluded him from the conversation for TDK but actually he's the perfect kind of ruck to fit your point.
As long as you have a combative, physical ruck who plays his role it's all you really need rather than a 'superstar' ruck.

Brisbane - Martin
Port - Lycett
Richmond - Nankervis
Hawks winning premierships with McEvoy.

They're just good, solid, physical rucks. Pitto has shown some good stuff this year in that sense...let's not forget he's only 24 and played like 18 games...still very young for a ruckman and could really improve over the next few years. Has shown to be a pretty good mark actually...not so much in terms of goals but he can improve in that area. Besides TDK didn't actually show much as a forward at AFL level this year either.

He could absolutely be the ruck we're after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've had a good look at Geelong for a while Parfitt looks the goods. Is he in any trade discussions with any club or one of their keepers?

Conspiracy theory....hear me out

DeGoey (or his management) approach us and ask if we are keen. We say “yea sure” knowing full well we don’t have the currency to snag him as we have our hands full already.

This ultimately pushes up his price and keeps Collingwood’s cap tight

Meanwhile we leak our interest to the media who have a field day with it and all of a sudden everyone stops talking about Saad and Dodo

Easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conspiracy theory....see me out

DeGoey (or his management) approach us and ask if we are keen. We say “yea sure” knowing full well we don’t have the currency to snag him as we have our hands full already.

Meanwhile we leak our interest to the media who have a field day with it and all of a sudden everyone stops talking about Saad and Dodo

Easy

Only joshing.....you never know eh......

His father is his manager.

Happens all the time - player agent fees aren’t cheap (although with some of the inflated contract offers you hear in the media, might be worth it).

An old school-mate of mine was managed by his father his whole career, and there were quite a few teammates in the same situation.
Player agents make a lot of sense if the player is genuinely capable of making money outside of football as they can generate a lot of non football revenue streams (ie. Media, advertising, appearances, etc)

If the player isn't interested or isn't capable of that side of the caper, going it alone makes a lot of sense

Conspiracy theory....hear me out

Easy

A football club manipulating the media?????

Never.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back