Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

but I'd think a good starting point strategy would be to aim for taking at least 3 top 30 picks every 2 years, with at least one of those being a 1st rounder. Keep topping up the bottom end of the list with talent so as the older players move on we've got the cattle coming through to replace them.

Don't do a Hawthorn/* where they've gone 3+ years without taking any top end kids and now have real bottom end list balance issues.

Agree generally.
However I won't be at all fussed if we only take 1 top 30 pick in the next 2 drafts.

No interest in treloar but we haven't been approached by his team or pies in any case. Could be a three way trade with us hawks and cats.

Thanks for the info!

Is the three way trade just picks, or are there players involved?

Could be the 7 for two firsts trade involving the Hawks somehow, or Titch could be on the move like it's been rumored.

Players will be free to meet each other (virtually of course) and make counter offers. Saad for instance says to Merret. I am am telling Carlton I will play for $650k. Merret says ok I am telling Austin 600 so there.....and so on and so on. Hunter tells them both he can beat that .......Oliver even lower......Fyffe says I will pay them to let me play.

Bargaining power is finally there in full for the players.

That's a Dutch auction.

(Elijah) Hollands to Carlton confirmed ;)

Last edited:
No interest in treloar but we haven't been approached by his team or pies in any case. Could be a three way trade with us hawks and cats.
I'm guessing its an opportunity for Cats to get #7 and Hawks are keen on Treloar. They're all in on any player - few aside, they're near incapable of developing their own recently. Would that not be a four-team trade with Pies, then?

Also, 2Phones going with 75%?! Ridiculous. Even if Oliver nominates and wants to leave, I'd have it as 50%. He's obviously trying to position himself as a 'you heard it here first' on the odd chance we pull it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

But...

Treloar is good, but not great. His possessions very frequently are not the difference between winning and losing; he needs 35+ disposals to be a matchwinner. It isn't next year we need him for, either; we need a sophisticated an multifaceted midfield in 2022-26, and we need to not decrease in quality between now and then. Treloar if he was 3 years younger would be more than acceptable, but right now he's a prick of a combination of overpaid, 28 by the start of next season, injury prone, and not really that good.

It depends on cost. If he takes a hit on the contract he took from Collingwood, and he prioritizes a flag before money, then I'd be interested, age and injuries be damned. If he insists on a payday to go with his trade, nope. Go to North, mate.

**** Treloar. Better fish out there.

If it involves us getting Duncan, happy to have a look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back